“good service,nice rooms and decent prices” 5 of 5 stars

Regency Inn and Suites
1516 Hampton Street, Nashville, TN 37207   |
Ranked #107 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“good service,nice rooms and decent prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

i was coming through town and was looking for a place to rest. i had tried two other hotels in the area and i just loved the hospitality i got when i was asking for prices. they had a decent price and their rooms were nice and clean. i would definitly come back in the future.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

When you first walk it is very small then there's slot of plants by the windows. There is nothing really exciting, as I was making my way to my room it made me feel like I was in movie to where if I opened the door there will be a chalk line in the middle of the room. Believe me do not trust the pictures that are on the website. It doesn't have a glass wash basin, Or even nice beds. The TVs stand drawers wouldn't close, the floor had a iron burn mark in it. I asked for a king size the woman gives me a full. As I was about to lay down I realize how thin the pillows were, and way to soft I woke up with a major headache. The next day when room service came around he knocked on the door when I opened the door he came and just looked at me as if he never cleaned the room before?????? So I had to ask him to change the sheet s request another pillow. I never cleaned the bathroom nor the sink there was nothing complimentary. He never vacuum the room he strayed air freshner on the floor and in the bathroom. Then smiled and I guess he was don't with his job. The other guest you can hear yelling laughing, everything! Please do not choose this hotel I don't care if the price is good. I think I wouldve slept in my car if it was up to me to do it over.

• Stayed January 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

First off it STINKS! If you want no smoking then go somewhere else.... the rooms say NO SMOKING on the door but they aren't ... unless they mean for that one day....I should have known better then to stay there by the shady men hanging around in their car in the parking lot...i was scared they would break in my car.. they watched me unload it... I moved my car from the back to the front row as soon as I could. I had to screw the flip lock on the door in tighter because it wobbled. The screws were half out!! so don't forget your multi tool and flashlight for looking under the bed..... it's so nasty there I didn't let my kids walk on carpet!! I looked under bed since they weren't boxed under to make sure no one was hiding..... under the bed there was a bag full of trash! I had the lady at front come and get it herself..i felt a little bad for her because she had to get on the nasty carpet but then I remembered the $65 they just got from my Visa and then I didn't feel so bad. I didn't feel safe for my family at all...We traveled from Florida to Missouri to see our 18 yr old graduate basic training with the ARMY and were coming back to Florida ...Had we not been so tired we would have left! My 8 yr old daughter and I had a hard time breathing as we have asthma.... my 5 yr old son refused to get in the tub and I couldn't blame him so he had no bath ...he thought the big chip in the tub was a roach... I couldn't sleep with all the blue lights flashing from cop cars....a car in the hotel parking lot was being searched...Although I should have felt safer with the cops being there! Lots of foot traffic there... I told my girlfriend I felt like I was in a hotel cops do undercover stings at...scary!!
Oh and they don't provide shampoo either.. no hair dryer so I dried my hair with a/c on high!!! The hall smelled better then the room and the fake floor plant had a year's dust on it too! This is all true... We got ready in the early morning in record speed..... we complained and the man/ owner he wouldn't confirm or deny if he the owner so he probably is the owner... we went to the room to show him because he didn't understand why we were unhappy...I think his sense of smell and eye sight are gone!! The pictures look way better then they are.. REMEMBER CARPET IS GROSS, CHAIRS ARE GROSS TOO! Save yourself the aggregation and pay a few more dollars somewhere else that is safe where you can close both eyes....Hope this helps.....

• Stayed September 2013
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After a tiring drive we stopped at the Regency Inn and was greeted by very polite and friendly staff. The room was very clean and comfortable. It is not like the Holiday Inn or any high standard hotel, it depends on what you are looking for. Overall price was reasonable and a lot better than most basic hotels. Will definitely return if we are in the city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Whittier, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We came into the area without a reservation anywhere, we settled here. Two females, the area was alittle run down but once inside our room it was all ok! The beds were SUPER comfortable didn't want to get up in the morning to check out! The building was old and needed some updating but other than that it wasn't so bad! Staff was polite and courteous no false promises and for the price we really couldn't beat it! Much better than the hotel we stayed at the next night!! We will return if in the area.

Room Tip: King rooms are a good stay! Don't judge a book by its cover!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Poplarville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

bummer place....avoid this one. not nice staff. not welcoming at all. big BUMMER. and they shift prices making it a rip off hotel too - worse. I definitely do not think it is any value. Why? Because they advertise about $34 night and then charge you $65 to $75 when you get there. It's pretty funky (not in the cool way) and dirty and not nice.

Room Tip: avoid this one. not nice staff. not welcoming at all. big BUMMER. and they shift prices making it a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is horrible. The rooms are dirty, the amenities are zilch, the area is scary - if you're traveling with any valuables, don't stay here. If you value security and peace of mind, don't stay here. If you like listening to drug dealers walk in and out all night and feeling like you should have brought along a couple bodyguards and several canisters of pepper spray, then this is the place for you.

We pulled into the parking lot and double checked our confirmation to make sure it was the right place and we hadn't accidentally pulled into the parking lot of Hell. This place is that bad - we were on a road trip from CT to Florida to Tennessee and back home, so we stayed in a few different hotels, and this one was, without a doubt, the absolute worst. Panhandlers hang out in the parking lot all day and all night, just waiting for you to walk outside so they can beg money off of you. One of them actually walked in front of our car so we had no choice but to stop, and came right up to the window to ask for a dollar, like we were an ATM. I've never seen such ballsy beggars.

Our room's door was flimsy and missing its deadbolt, which definitely didn't make us feel any safer. The carpet was stained, the shower was dirty, the towels were gross and smelly, the mattress was lumpy (we didn't dare sleep under the blankets for fear of catching bedbugs or something worse, like the plague), and the windows didn't lock...and we were on the first floor. We shut the curtains and hoped for the best while sleeping with one eye open.

The place is just a five-minute drive into the city though, and it's cheap, so if you're just looking for a place to sleep after partying in Nashville, I guess you could stay here. Sleep with some pepper spray under your pillow and you might feel a bit safer. Otherwise, I'd definitely recommend finding somewhere else to stay. A cardboard box under a bridge would provide you the same level of accommodations, and would definitely save you some money.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room on the second floor - our room was on the first floor and the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Regency Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!