“Good comfort and value in a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alexis Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Opryland

You added Alexis Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Opryland to your Saves list
Alexis Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Opryland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Ermac Drive, At Elm hill Pike Corner , exit 7 Hwy 155 N, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #44 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Good comfort and value in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here two nights while visiting Nashville. We met up with several family members from Indiana, Ohio and Georgia and it was an excellent location for us to stay. We were able to access Downtown Nashville easily, as well as the Grand Ole Opry, Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills mall. There were good restaurants within a few minutes' drive. The rooms were smallish, but still comfortable and had a small fridge. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was clearly an older hotel, but reasonably well maintained. All the staff was friendly and the breakfast was quite good, with hot selections (eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy) in addition to juice, cereals, bagels and pastries. The price was very good and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

the manager miss rose is aweful....stayed for my birthday... no room key would work...the room smelled like smoke...and no frig in our suite that we payed 130.00 for....terrible customer service!!!!!!! the front desk girl was wonderful

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Granger, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is definitely for the bargain hunter. Location is very close to airport, Opryland and not too far from downtown. Walking in the front door, noticed a typical "old hotel" smell. No problem, I didn't pay much for the room. Walking to my room, it got a bit worse. In my room, it was like the carpet must have been wet. I actually felt to see if it was damp. It was not--but sure smelled like it. I cranked the air very cold and it got marginally better (or I got used to it).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville,TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Let me start by saying that my recent trip to Nashville could not have occoured at a worse time. Every college in the area was having their graduation on that weekend and there were very few hotel rooms to be had. My family needed 3 rooms together, so we had some difficulty finding a place to spend a Friday night. We were going to the Grand Ole Opry and picked the Alexis Inn due to the close proximity and the fact it fit our price range. We got 3 rooms for $100 + tax each.

As far as the hotel goes, it is dated. I will have to say that everything was clean, but there were very visible signs of wear. One would assume that the hotel was last remodeled over 10 years ago. Check in was a little lack luster, and clearly the staff lacks the perky, service oriented training of national chains. The room was clean, however the decor was underwhelming and the carpets, upholstry, tables, etc. were fairly worn.

Overall I feel that at + $100 a night, the Alexis Inn is a bit overpriced. In this price range, you could stay at a much newer and nicer Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. If I had it to do again, I would have stayed further out of town at a better and newer hotel.

Room Tip: Dont get caught up on the "suite" portion. All 3 of our suite rooms had a "kitchen&qu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dawson Springs, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I read the reviews for the rooms and everything that I read was pretty much true. The rooms were not bad and we did not have any issues with the cleanliness of the room. The hallways were a little dated and one silly thing that bothered me is that housekeeping had not taken the time to dust the elevator doors in quite some time. The elevators were dated. The breakfast was average at best. I booked through travelocity secrt hotel specials so I get what I paid for. A little p.s. if you choose to go out and party into the wee hours of the morning be considerate of the other hotel guests when you return to the hotel at night.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and it was a good place. Not a great view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Initially I was underwhelmed with the Alexis Inn but it's a good value for a quick business trip. We had a corner room that felt a bit cramped with a small kitchenette jetting off the main sleeping area. I'm not a fan of the sink and bright lights being in the main sleeping area, but that was the set up here. There was also quite a bit of light that came into the room through the door and window.

However, I was walking to the elevator I saw a standard King suite and was really impressed - there is a ton of space in those rooms.

Pros:
- Easy interstate access
- Friendly staff
- Above average breakfast spread

Cons:
- The gross "only get washed once a month, maybe" polyester comforters
- Carpet in front of the sink that has bright lights that shine on to the bed, not great if two people share the room.

Overall:
- I'd happily return to the Alexis Inn if I got one of the bigger rooms and I was on a business trip. It's a good place to stay if you are just passing through but not a good option if you are looking for a friends or family trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel was ok... Our suite was HUGE, which was great, but the only air conditioner was in the back room, so it left the front room pretty warm. Room was clean, but outdated. It was definirely worth the $120 bucks we paid per night, and the location was absolutely perfect!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Alexis Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Opryland? Share your experiences!