“Location & Value for the Price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Phoenix, AZ
“Location & Value for the Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed at this location for my vacation this past week for 4 nights. The hotel has a great location close to all of the attractions in the area, Opryland, The Hermitage, and downtown. The room was clean & well maintained. The hotel was recently remodeled, the morning breakfast was as advertised, good selection and tasty. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, the evening managers reception which is Monday through Thursday nights from 5-7pm is very popular and well attended. Easy access to I-40 and the airport, and the hotel offers a shuttle service for guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GWEN363, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear BuntingAZ:

Thank you for choosing our Comfort Suites Airport when you stayed in Nashville during June of 2013.

The staff and management of our hotel appreciate your business and review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to another opprotunity to serve you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Guntersville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came in to town for a few days to see some old friends and stayed here at their recommendation. I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel is close to downtown Nashville and the airport. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the staff couldnt have been anymore friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Nashville area, and I will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GWEN363, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Johnie S:

It is always a pleasure to hear a guest say they have been referred to us by a previous guest of our hotel.

We appreciate your choice of hotels for your Nashville visit with friends and more so appreciate knowing you will be returning someday and referring others to our hotel.

Quality, comfort and convenience are our daily goals and it is rewarding to have guests leaving telling us we have fulfilled their needs an expectations.

Thanks on behalf of the staff and management of Comfort Suites Airport Nashville, TN.
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Arrived in room to find water all over the bathroom floor and the bed is directly in front of the bathroom sink and bathroom. The floor was not leveled, and not a very inviting feeling. Definitely overpriced, felt like a motel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel was recently updated. For the price it is a fine place to stay. Clean, friendly staff, and the pool was surprisingly good. Breakfast is the heat and serve variety...not fresh food, but what's expected in this kind of hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Jeff B:

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites Airport during your June 2013 stay in Nashville, TN.

We are glad you enjoyed the indoor heated pool, our staff service and price of your stay.

Please some see us again the next time you are in town.
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you are a vacationer looking for a reasonably priced place to stay that's close to the airport and yet accessible to the sights of Nashville, it's probably fine. The staff is perfectly friendly, the rooms are clean enough and spacious with plenty of hot water and towels. The free breakfast is standard but dependable. If all you're going to do there is sleep and shower before going out to the enjoy the city you'll be fine. However, if you're traveling for business, maybe look elsewhere.

I stayed recently for several days for business. When I'm working out of town, I need a quiet place to come 'home' too and a good space to finish up loose ends before going back to the site. I need a place to exercise and unwind. The Comfort Suites doesn't really suffice. There are a lot of vacationers, people who are loud in the hallways and, I suspect, jump on the beds. People coming and going at all hours and not really understanding that others might have different hours and can hear them. I was woken many many many times during the nights I slept there. Besides noise, I could also feel jolts coming through the wall, while I sat on the bed.

Second, the fitness facilities are lacking. I don't mind a smallish pool to do laps in, but I do mind the ginormous bugs that were lying on the bottom of the pool and floating in the water. There was also algae or fungal growth on the bottom. (BTW, there is no jacuzzi or rather, it has been emptied and cannot be used by guests; a staff member mentioned liability issues). The fitness room contains exactly 1 treadmill, 1 stair machine, 1 bike, and 1 weight machine. Amazingly, I never showed up when someone else want to use the same thing. There are no spray bottles or other materials to wipe down any of the equipment before or after you use it; it's gross and plainly unhygienic. The fitness room is also not air conditioned sufficiently.

Last, despite the cleanliness of the room in general (and the excellent job I saw by housekeeping), my room smelled a bit moldy when I first got in. I managed to make it acceptable by running the a/c with the windows open (hating the wastefulness and hoping no bugs would come in); however, on my last day, I noticed that the carpet near the a/c unit was absolutely SOAKED. No wonder the room smelled moldy. I'm still a little grossed out thinking of what is going on under that carpet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GWEN363, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

First I would like to thank you for both selecting our hotel when you planned your June 2013 trip to Nashville. Secondly my staff and I thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel and letting us know how we could improve to better serve your needs.

We did have a group of international college students staying with us a few days while you were here. They were here to earn money for college and we made every effort to encourage them to consider the need to be as quite and considerate as possible of all guests in the hotel. Management went to great lengths to ensure everyone's comfort and satisfaction. Unfortunately they did rise very early and return late in the evening. All in all I hope they were not too much of a distraction and can assure you they are not regular guests in the hotel. Most our guests are business travelers and families who like you enjoy our typical quite and relaxing atmosphere.

You may also be interested to know we have just placed an order for all new and improved fitness center equipment which we hope to have installed by mid to late July 2013.

Your opinions and concerns are important to us and we hope you will give u another opportunity to serve you and tomake yu a loyal guest of the Comfort Suites Airport.

Again, thank you.
durham, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Pros:
Location near the airport, large well appointed rooms, quiet, full hot breakfast, fast internet.
Cons:
None
Hints:
For ultimate quiet, choose a room on the fourth floor well away from the elevator/ice machine area.

This hotel is one of many in the airport area, just a few minutes away from Opryland and various music venues. A modern hotel, clean, with an inviting reception area. Check in/out was efficient, courteous, and friendly. Check out is particularly fast because the bill is delivered to the room on the morning of check out.

Breakfast is included and it consists of the usual cold offerings in addition: to waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuits, gravy, and fruit. Breakfast is very good but the coffee, alas, is not that great. Coffee is dispensed by a machine and I am fairly certain that the machine uses instant coffee. This is what the coffee tastes like, anyway.

Our room was spotless and quiet (fourth floor). This is a large room with a sitting area--the couch makes into a bed--a work area with several power outlets for computers, etc, a microwave and refrigerator. The refrigerator is adequate but it does not have a freezing area; so, if you are using freezer packs for your ice chest, for example, you are out of luck.

Lighting and storage space has always been a peeve with me. This hotel exceeded all my expectations. Lighting is more than adequate and there is more than ample drawer and closet space. In, fact, for once, there was more space than we needed.

The flat panel television is large and it offers plenty of external inputs to host PC's as well as DVD players. We were able to hook up our DVD player with no problem.

The staff was particularly helpful. With an incoming group of college students, they roomed them in the lower floors and they placed us on the upper floor. In addition, breakfast for the students was served in a separate room. This, I thought, was great.

OK, I do have one complaint that knocked a five star rating to four and a half stars (in addition to the instant coffee) the air conditioning system in our room was unreasonably loud. Every time the compressor came on there was a loud vibration that continued until the compressor shut off. I was able to decrease the noise level a little by jiggling the plastic enclosure, but it was still noticeable. Perhaps, this was a problem just with our room. I did not complain to management about it. This is not not a complaint, but I did have a problem logging on the wi-fi on day two. Between customer support and hotel management, this problem was resolved.

The hotel does offer amenities we did not use: hot tub, swimming pool, computer office space, fitness room.

We will definitely return to this hotel and recommend it wholeheartedly to all other travelers. Final rating is four and a half start. Excellent!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the fourth floor away from the elevator area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Exaramco:

The staff and management of Comfort Suites Airport thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

We are proud of our recent renovations and ability to provide guests with clean, comfortable rooms with plenty of bright lighting as you mentioned.

Although our nice, new in-room refrigerators do not have freezers, we are more than happy to place guest ice packs in our office freeze until needed.

We have recently replaced some room air conditioners which were a little noisier than we would have liked and apologize if your ac was a bit of a distraction. There are may still be a couple older acs which we have not had been able to replace but we are working hard to access and replace any whichto be. A quiet, comfortable room is our goal for every guest of Comfort Suites Airport and we are always here to make any changes necessary when guests need anything.

Overall it sounds like you enjoyed your stay.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Bolivar, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great location not to far from downtown and close to opry mills.hotel has just remodeled and its nice. You've got big tv's in the room new furniture carpet ,it's all nice. Staff is very helpful and knowledgeable about sights and sounds of nashville.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear CMA Fan:

Hope you enjoyed your week in Nashville during the CMA Festivities.

We enjoyed having you as our guest and appreciate your review of our hotel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you visit Music City.

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!