“Just ideal and so clean” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Just ideal and so clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

There are probably many hotels for a visit to Nashville but there will be few that offer much more for the money. Part of a chain but it has its own character and staff that are intent on one thing and one thing only,pleasing their guests. The front desk greet you with charm, the lady that runs the spotlessly clean breakfast area is a credit to the hotel. The food to set you on your way is continental but it lacks for little, a fine range of fruits, cereals, pastries etc. The rooms are sizeable and again immaculate with a large bathroom lacking for nothing. Maybe the one adverse comment was that we located adjacent the inside pool and at odd times the youngsters were a little noisy.
All in wonderful value and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the ground floor and pool area unless you have children then it .....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks so much for your review, it's great to hear our staff was able to make your stay wonderful. You're absolutely right, our goal is to make every guest feel welcome and to do everything we can to provide the best experience possible. On behalf of the entire staff, it would be our privilege to see you again the next time you're in the area.

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a 1 room “suite”. It was accurately described on the Choice Hotels web site. You should note that It is not a “suite”, but one room with a partial divider. It had one TV. Other reviewers mentioned 2 TV’s but they must have had the one bedroom suite and living room layout.

The good stuff:
The room had lots of drawer space, a big flat-screen TV, a micro & fridge, and was clean. The hotel is in a nice neighborhood.

The bad stuff about the hotel in general:
Apparently redecorated in 2012, but it was super tacky (i.e. plastic chandeliers in lobby and mirrored mosaics in the elevator). The halls were painted a dreary and depressing grey. The breakfast area was inadequate and extremely overcrowded. Liquids and food were spilled on the floor and not wiped up by the offending guests or the staff. Overall, we found the staff to be particularly inconsiderate and not guest-oriented. Maybe they were just overworked – who knows? Bobbie Sue was the only person available to check us in. She was on the phone dealing with a prospective guest – all the while rolling her eyes back, shaking her head and acting like it was just too much to deal with. (What she said to the guest on the phone sounded sugary sweet and nice. "Honey" this and "Honey" that. But her actions and attitude, when you saw them in person, were horrid!) As another example, a housekeeper parked her cleaning cart in the middle of the hall so we could not get our luggage cart around it. She would not move her cart, but said “You move it -- you’re the one who wants to get by.”

The bad stuff about the room:
Grey walls, black & grey carpet – one red wall did not save it from being dreary. There were awful florescent lamps in the room. We did not like the layout of the room because it was not conducive for one person to stay up later than the other or for one person to get up early without disturbing their partner. For example, the sink area was in the bedroom and facing the bed. The sink mirror and hideously bright lights above it glared and reflected on the person trying to sleep. This arrangement would not be an issue if you traveled alone or if all in the family went to bed and got up at the same times. The bathroom was teeny, tiny -- to the point of claustrophobic – just big enough for the tub and toilet. There was no vent fan in the bathroom.

It was a stretch for me to give this place an “average” rating – “poor” might have been more appropriate. But I realize that some of our complaints were taste specific (like the decor and the layout of the room). We would not stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Grimsley, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I travel at least 150 days per year and stay here up to 2-3 X/month.

Staff is always accommodating and courteous and rooms are very nice for this price range. Hotel is recently renovated and very classy as well as clean. Close to many restaurants and have used free shuttle service to airport. They have a decent and complimentary happy hour most nights and have provided me access to local really good gym. Gwen, Bobby Sue and Joe are three long timers there and treat you well...good balance of personable without too personal.They represent Tennessee hospitality well and have earned my loyalty for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s a pleasure to hear you had a great experience with our courteous and accommodating staff. We are located within 2 miles of the Nashville International Airport and offer courtesy transportation. Our hotel was newly renovated in February 2013. We strive to provide a commitment to excellence and affordability. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our room was comfortable and spacious, and the hotel was only a short drive away from downtown Nashville, with easy access on and off to the highway. There were also several restaurants to choose from within a few miles of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am glad you found the hotel to be a comfortable place to stay and I appreciate you highlighting our convenient location. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel has been newly renovated. Went beyond expectations. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend this hotel. Each morning the hotel provides a good free hot breakfast. And Monday thru Thursday there is a free managers reception. Definitely the best value around.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our property. I appreciate the positive comments you have left regarding our managers reception, breakfast, and room cleanliness. Our team at Comfort Suites strives hard at achieving quality service to our customers. We look forward to providing you with the same great service next time you're in the area.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We called several hotels on our trip from the Smokies to Nashville with our 3 teenagers. We were so impressed with the customer service by phone. When we arrived, Bobby Sue acted like she already knew us from the phone contact. The hotel itself is just wonderful, but the staff are what impressed us the most. All of them were so friendly and helpful. Feel free to ask them for help with your travel plans and your visit to Nashville. The location is in a nice neighborhood and it was a breeze to hop on the close highway to get to our various visit sites. I wouldn't have changed a thing. This is just a very clean, nice hotel with wonderful, friendly staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Sutes at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about the Comfort Suits Airport, Nashville. I'm glad you enjoy the place, but more importantly the people who make up the best staff I have ever had the privilege of working. Come back and see us anytime!
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was the highest ranked TA hotel that was within my company's budget. The Comfort Suites did not disappoint. I stayed here on business, so all I was really looking for was comfortable place to sleep, watch TV and a good breakfast. My suite had 2 LCD TVs that were 40" or more. One in the "bedroom" area, the other in the "den" area. Each TV had a VGA input which allowed me to watch movies from my laptop on the big screens. No sound through the TV, but I blame that on insufficient laptop hardware. Because of this, I had to sit close enough to the laptop that was on the dresser to use my headphones, which meant watched movies from the office chair. I was very pleased with the office chair; it was comfortable to spend several hours high enough to comfortably reach the desk and laptop for work, then still comfortable at a lower height reclined to watch movies with my feet up.
I had never been to Nashville before this trip so I knew of nothing to do or where to go for good food. There seemed to be some reasonable nightlife, but every few miles on their interstates, the Amber alert signs posted stats about DUI fatalities. Since I was there alone, I decided to not risk it and stayed in. The young guy that worked the bar gave me some good advice every day on where to eat. My first request was a hibachi steakhouse; he referred me to Kobe Steak house. The food was great, price was what I expected, however I assumed they’d have sushi, but no luck. The next night I asked him about barbeque, he recommended Barbecutie. This was a traditional looking sit down barbeque joint that also happened to have a drive through which I used. For about $10, I got a glorious amount of delicious pulled pork and string beans. Night 3 I searched for and found Maggiano’s on my own. We have one of these where I live, so I knew I’d be happy before I even sat down. As a solo traveler willing to eat at the bar, I got to walk right past the line of 20-30 people waiting outside, sit down at the single open bar seat, and was enjoying my appetizer within 15mins.
I’d say my favorite part about the CS was the breakfast. I put away at least $10 worth of breakfast every morning. All 3 of the mornings I was there, they had fresh muffins, bagels , fruit, and biscuits and gravy. I saw a high quality waffle maker out, and I think I heard people talking about more than one option for the waffles (standard and blueberry, or chocolate chip?). I never got around to trying the waffles, but not because they didn’t look good. Each day they had a different egg/meat option beside the biscuits and gravy. First it was scrambled eggs and bacon, the next day it was sausage links and cheese omelets (very simple, but perfect texture and delicious), the third day I skipped breakfast, still full from Maggiano’s.
I’m new to business travel, but coworkers with more experience have informed me about the perks of sticking with a single chain. This stay in the Nashville CS has prompted me to book my next trip at a CS hotel as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. I am pleased we were able to assist in making your first visit to Nashville a great one. It's a high priority for the entire staff to assist in our guests in any way possible. It's great to hear you not only enjoyed the hotel but also the surrounding area with many great restaurants and attractions nearby. We look forward to offering you the same great service next time you are back in the area.

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!