I picked this hotel because it was the highest ranked TA hotel that was within my company's budget. The Comfort Suites did not disappoint. I stayed here on business, so all I was really looking for was comfortable place to sleep, watch TV and a good breakfast. My suite had 2 LCD TVs that were 40" or more. One in the "bedroom" area, the other in the "den" area. Each TV had a VGA input which allowed me to watch movies from my laptop on the big screens. No sound through the TV, but I blame that on insufficient laptop hardware. Because of this, I had to sit close enough to the laptop that was on the dresser to use my headphones, which meant watched movies from the office chair. I was very pleased with the office chair; it was comfortable to spend several hours high enough to comfortably reach the desk and laptop for work, then still comfortable at a lower height reclined to watch movies with my feet up.
I had never been to Nashville before this trip so I knew of nothing to do or where to go for good food. There seemed to be some reasonable nightlife, but every few miles on their interstates, the Amber alert signs posted stats about DUI fatalities. Since I was there alone, I decided to not risk it and stayed in. The young guy that worked the bar gave me some good advice every day on where to eat. My first request was a hibachi steakhouse; he referred me to Kobe Steak house. The food was great, price was what I expected, however I assumed they’d have sushi, but no luck. The next night I asked him about barbeque, he recommended Barbecutie. This was a traditional looking sit down barbeque joint that also happened to have a drive through which I used. For about $10, I got a glorious amount of delicious pulled pork and string beans. Night 3 I searched for and found Maggiano’s on my own. We have one of these where I live, so I knew I’d be happy before I even sat down. As a solo traveler willing to eat at the bar, I got to walk right past the line of 20-30 people waiting outside, sit down at the single open bar seat, and was enjoying my appetizer within 15mins.
I’d say my favorite part about the CS was the breakfast. I put away at least $10 worth of breakfast every morning. All 3 of the mornings I was there, they had fresh muffins, bagels , fruit, and biscuits and gravy. I saw a high quality waffle maker out, and I think I heard people talking about more than one option for the waffles (standard and blueberry, or chocolate chip?). I never got around to trying the waffles, but not because they didn’t look good. Each day they had a different egg/meat option beside the biscuits and gravy. First it was scrambled eggs and bacon, the next day it was sausage links and cheese omelets (very simple, but perfect texture and delicious), the third day I skipped breakfast, still full from Maggiano’s.
I’m new to business travel, but coworkers with more experience have informed me about the perks of sticking with a single chain. This stay in the Nashville CS has prompted me to book my next trip at a CS hotel as well.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Airport Hotel
- Comfort Suites Airport Hotel Nashville
- Comfort Suites Nashville
- Nashville Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully decorated, newly remodeled Fall 2012 including NEW free HIGHSPEED wireless internet. 100% Non-Smoking - All Suite Hotel. All rooms feature 2 person sofa bed, mini-frig, microwave & coffeemaker. Guests enjoy free parking and Full Hot Breakfast Buffet daily. Complimentary Evening Manager's Reception with soft drinks, beer and food - Monday thru Thursday 5pm to 7pm. Whirlpool suites available. Spacious indoor heated pool and exercise room! Close to all Nashville attractions, shopping & points of interest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Olotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.