“Excellent choice for downtown Nashville” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Nashville Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HHonors Weekend Save Now!
Ranked #23 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Franklin, Virginia
“Excellent choice for downtown Nashville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Nashville Downtown over the Thanksgiving holiday. We chose it primarily for the excellent location, within close walking distance to Broadway and the other downtown attractions. Our room was spotlessly clean room. The breakfast buffet was exceptional. Most impressive, however, was perhaps that we found as friendly and helpful staff as we have ever experienced. Each employee that we encountered exhibited the friendliness of Nashville and a wonderful spirit of hospitality. My compliments to the staff and the management.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Its amazing to me that there are homeless people sleeping on park benches right out front and Mr. Kelly manages to be employed at one of the biggest names in Hotels.
The cardholder and reservation name was under a friend, when I was in the lobby he threatened and DID call the police on me. He berated me and insulted me repeatedly until my friend came down to the front desk to let me in the room. When visiting Nashville the last place I want to see or even walk past would be the Hilton. If anyone is thinking of staying here, DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
RayNashvilleTN, General Manager at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
crash3810,

Thank you for your comments. I researched your comments but we do not have any front desk or security employees with the last name “Kelly". Since your web post is the first I heard if this situation I would be happy to hear from you so that you can describe the person named Mr. Kelly as would like to continue this investigation my number is 615 620 1000. For the protection of all of our guests, we do not issue keys to anyone other than the guest whose name appears on the reservation; nor can we give out room numbers. It’s not uncommon for a guest to come down to the desk to retrieve a friend or family member so they can escort them to the room when they are not on the official room reservation.

The Hilton Nashville Downtown is located in an active upscale area of downtown. We have a large security team that patrols the interior and exterior of our building 24 hours a day and we are located across from the South Precinct of the Metropolitan Police Department. I have not witnessed “homeless people sleeping on park benches” as you described nor have I heard such complaints from any previous guests.

Thank you again for your comments.

Ray Waters
Ft. Worth, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I have not stayed at this Hilton before, and must say, they did not make a good first impression. I arrived in a rental car from the airport and drove right up to the front door of the hotel for valet parking. There was probably 4 staff standing around the valet podium chatting with no other patrons around and after I got out of my vehicle, walked around to the back of my vehicle and got my luggage out, one of them finally walked up to me. (I was maybe 4 ft. away from them). After receiving the in/out instructions, and no offer of help with my luggage, I walked into the lobby which is expansive. Registration is not inside the front door, so I stood there looking around, not knowing where to go, and thought perhaps that registration could be on another floor, since I have been to hotels where that has been the case. There was no signage whatsoever to tell me where to go. I walked around on my own and then saw the back of someone in a black vest that I thought could be a hotel staff member. His back was to me because he was watching TV on one of the flatscreens that was mounted to the wall. I said, "Sir (And he turned around), can you direct me to registration?" He then pointed to the area where it was located, and I went over to it to check in. It was 3PM. The clerk, after I gave her my name, says, "Your room is not ready." I said, "Isn't check in 3P?" Her response, "Yes." I was then informed that there were no other rooms like I had reserved ready, except for a "Handicap" room. I refused that, and then suggested she check and see what other rooms, with different types of beds were available. I wound up in a type room that I did not reserve. As I said in the title of my review, "Bad First Impression." (Bad on arrival. Bad on Check in)
The room is a suite with not much room to move around because of the design, however, it is appointed well and the bed is comfortable.
The location is good if you want to do things downtown. It is an easy walk to Broadway where the clubs, etc. are. Convention center and Country Music Hall of Fame across the street. There was some road construction near the hotel coming off of 40 West from the airport to the hotel, which made it a bit difficult to navigate to the hotel.
I will stay elsewhere next time I am in Nashville on business. In the meantime, the management of this hotel could certainly work on its welcome!! Apparently they have not heard the expression, "You only get one chance to make a good first impression." This Hilton fails miserably.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
rwvw415, General Manager at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for any challenges you experienced. I understand that you have spoken to Chad, our Director of Rooms, and based on the email you sent to him, it appears that you are satisfied with our resolution to your issues. I wish we had had a chance to rectify your concerns prior to posting your comments on the Internet, but am happy that we could restore your faith in our property. We hope for the opportunity to host you on your next visit to Nashville.

Based on your overall rating of our property I do hope to see you again at the Hilton Nashville Downtown.

Ray Waters
General Manager.
Hilton Head
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Nashville Downtown for two nights during my son's short fall college break. He didn't have enough time to drive/fly home and we didn't want him staying alone in the dorm. We really enjoyed our stay here. The suite set-up was great. Our son took over the living room, watched TV and worked on projects while my husband and I walked to the Country Music Hall of Fame, Frist Art Museum, Ryman Auditiorium and the famous honky tonks on Broadway. When my husband had enough walking around, he watched football in the bedroom. We all enjoyed eating at Demo's, Pie in the Sky and Blackstone's as well as a trip to the Parthenon and the NashTrash tour. The valets and restaurant service were great...very helpful and friendly. The hotel manager even helped me with a computer problem. I would definitely stay here again when the Predators are in town or the Symphony is performing, both are within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Ann Arbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

You can count on the Hilton Downtown Nashville for a comfortable stay. The rooms are very clean and well-appointed. The location is perfect. The staff are well-trained and service-oriented. All-in-all, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Prospect, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

Easy access to 2nd Ave an the pedestrian bridge over to the Titans game. Nice large rooms. Breakfast buffet was great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

This hotel holds a special place in my heart because this is where my husband and I stayed after he proposed to me :)

Paul booked the room and let them know he was asking me to marry him, he also worked with the concierge to have a beautiful flower arrangement waiting for me in our room (of my favorite, Stargazer Lillies).

The hotels location to downtown Nashville is perfect for walking to all that Broadway/2nd Ave/Printers Alley has to offer... so if you're planning on exploring all the honky tonks, karaoke bars and great dining Nashville has to offer, this IS the hotel to stay at!

To our surprise, upon check in, they had upgraded us, complimentary, to the Penthouse Suite and it was nothing short of spectacular! An enormous bedroom, full luxurious spa bathroom, wet bar, full dining table, ridiculously comfy sofa and another full bathroom... it was the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in... on a night that I'll never forget!

The flower arrangement the hotel procured for my fiance was over the top... and made our room incredibly fragrant. The concierge also arranged champagne, bubble bath and chocolate strawberries to help us celebrate (and all for the standard room rate.... around $190).

The hotels lobby is grand and a piano player truly added to it's elegance. We didn't try out the hotel bar, nor did we visit The Palm (which is attached to the hotel)... but the service, the room, the location, the upgrades were fabulous and over and above anything we had expected.

We truly recommend the Hilton Nashville Downtown... for romance, for a night on the town, for anything... this hotel is the best!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!