“Only a couple of complaints” 2 of 5 stars

Hilton Nashville Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HHonors Weekend Save Now!
Ranked #23 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Halifax, England
“Only a couple of complaints”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

Having stayed at this hotel recently, I have to agree with the reviews posted regarding the establishment.

Yes, it is a beautiful hotel, in a marvelous downtown convenient setting, rooms OK, spacious and have everything you require.
Now for the bad news, the food in the Sportsgrille is awful, staff are unable to carry out simple instructions regarding items from the menu, and when it comes, well, I've had better.

The staff in the Breakfast dining area are slow and imcomprehensible, not their fault, just the hotel hiring as cheap as possible. It was so bad, on one morning we walked out, having wateched a group of multi-nationals chatting, and ignoring guests for over 10 mins.

Staff at the check-in desk were polite and competent, as were the valet parking staff, who do have a [--] job, wish I could say the about the concierge.
Although it is nothing to do with the Hilton, the Palm restaurant which is situated within the site, is superb.

Probably try somewhere else if I visit Nashville again

• Liked — Situation
  • Disliked — Poor service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Milton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

My wife and I stayed three nights on vacation. This was our first time to Nashville and this hotel was perfect as usual for a Hilton property. It is located right across the street from the County Music Hall of Fame and within walking distance to all the downtown sights and the river, a great location for seeing the downtown Broadway area. The hotel valet was very courteous and all the staff was great. Received lots of information and assistance from the Concierge.

Our room was large, clean and comfortable on the Hilton Honors Floor. They have no HHonors Executive lounge. The bed was wonderful and the linens were very nice. No problems at all with any of the room fixtures or amenities. The breakfast was standard fare with excellent. We like to walk around and see the city sights, this hotel is in a great location. Easy drive to the Grand Ole Opery, get directions from the Concierge. Will stay here again if we get back to Nashville

• Liked — The room was great
  • Disliked — No Hilton Honors Executive Lounge
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

The rating on this hotel is far the worst I have ever seen.
I travel a lot. been too some of the finest hotels in the world.
Stayed at some of the worst, That was to be rated the best.
And by far this hotel is the worst service rating ever.
From check in, when you get out of your vehicle there is some snob nose kid in a uniform just wanting to park my car, no bell service, had to carry in my bags and equipment to a so called check in desk that is 500 feet on the other side of the hotel. Staff in this hotel is really poor. I get to this way out of the way desk and there is no one around. Waited 15 minutes before someone came over to check me in. When asked why it took so long, they replied, I just got on and came over, sounds like a really in need of staffing in the hotel.
Room was nice, but trying to ask for directions I could only find a driver of a limousine outside to give me directions. I told him he should be employed by the hotel and help them.
He told me that even drivers where not allowed inside the hotel.
This kind of poor service in the Hilton which is, you would think should be really great, In my view sucks.
Bad manners, bad service, no one around to help except a very nice driver who was really helpful, which he got the tip and no one else did.
I changed hotels the next day to the Lowes and was a great time and great service from the time I pulled up to the time I left.
I will never stay in the Hilton again.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — Service, staff, check in, waist of money
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

This is a great hotel in an excellent location. The staff was friendly and helpful, and my room was large, clean and comfortable. The bed was wonderful, the shower great and the A/C worked very well. Everything looked new, but a note in the room promised upcoming changes including flat panel TV's.

My only complaint is that the lobby/atrium was uncomfortably hot. I'm guessing near 80 degrees.

Valet service is $20, and internet service is $10.

HHonors members: note that there is not an executive lounge at this hotel. I was told that one is being planned.

Highly recommended!

• Liked — Huge rooms
  • Disliked — Hot lobby
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

I was hoping for good things upon reading several of the reviews here for the Hilton Nashville Downtown, and not only was I pleased with my experience, I was pleasantly surprised!

Yes, as with any nice hotel there will be certain expenses involved and that cannot be helped if you want something better than a Motel 6. But what we got for the money made the costs much more tolerable.

We checked in on a Friday and this went very smoothly. We opted to valet park our car for the convenience, but others in our group self-parked and found it very accessible as well. It wasn't that much more to valet, and I don't mind slipping a couple of bucks to the guys for having my car running with the A/C on for me as soon as I walked out the door. There were adequate people manning the check-in counter when we arrived, so we were in our room and relaxing within 15 minutes of pulling into the Hilton's property.

And the room was a big part of the pleasant surprise. All the rooms are suites, with doors that close between the sitting area and the bedroom. The sitting area had chairs, a pull-out couch, a desk with internet connection, a refrigerator, a microwave, a TV - everything you could want! The bedroom was a decent size considering we had two double beds. Our friends with one king bed had even more room. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. The bathroom was wonderfully large, with plenty of room to maneuver around your significant other. There was access to the bathroom from doors in both the suite and the bedroom. Our view wasn't fantastic - we could see the air conditioners for the building next to us - but you could see the beautiful skyline, the unique visitors center, and Ryman Auditorium.

The indoor pool was nice and never crowded. I prefer indoor as I don't like to bake in the sun, so it was great for those of us who prefer privacy. This is not the hotel for a hoppin' pool scene. The adjoining workout room was small but functional and also never crowded.

We hit the sportsbar in the lobby and very much enjoyed the burgers we got with our drinks.

We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. They not only suggested a good nearby pizza joint to order some dinner for the kids, they even had coupons for the place to give us! All in all, the Hilton Nashville Downtown was a wonderful experience that I would gladly repeat or recommend.

• Liked — The room's size and quality, location of hotel to Nashville attractions
  • Disliked — Nothing - it was all good!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Villa Hills, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

Chose this hotel, based on recommendations from this site, for a one night stay and were not disappointed. We got the best rate of $232, which included a buffet breakfast, by calling the hotel direct. The 1-800 number quoted us more than $50 higher without the breakfast. The lobby was beautiful and check-in was quick with a helpful and courteous staff.
The all-suite rooms were spacious, decorated with modern decor and were spotless. It was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator included. The bed was plush and very comfortable. Special touches included bathrobes for our use and turn down service with pralines on the pillow. What surprised us most was how quiet the room was. We barely heard any street noise and noticed none of the usual doors slamming or loud voices that can be an issue in many hotels.
The breakfast buffet that was included in our room price normally costs $15 per person. The buffet was wonderful and included something for everyone from cooked-to-order omelets, to numerous fresh fruits, pastries and hot dishes.
The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to many restaurants, bars and tourist attractions such as the Country Music Hall of Fame. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone visiting the Nashville downtown area.

• Liked — Each room was a suite
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Spartanburg, S.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

If you are planning a trip to Nashville, this is the place to stay. The rooms are elegant, the hotel is comfortable and attractive and you are within close walking distance to all the downtown attractions. My husband and I have stayed many places in Nashville, including the Grand Ol Opry Hotel. Nothing comes close to this. If you want some of the best food you have ever layed on your tastebuds, try the Sprorts Bar located at the hotel. Amazing!!!

Stayed July 2007

Been to Hilton Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!