“loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 150 hotels in Nashville
nashville
“loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

We stayed Sat nite, got to check in early. Front desk staff was great, the layout was amazing and the decor is plush! Our room was clean and stocked. We loved it and would definitely return!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

764 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Monroe, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I was on a weekend trip with a friend attending a concert at the Sommet Center. We checked in on a Friday night but the room didn't have the size beds we had asked for. My friend went back to the front desk and they immediately got us another room which actually had a better view! The room which was a suite was very spacious. We had great service the whole time we were there. There was an air conditioning problem on the second day but the repair man was up to our room almost immediately.

If you are attending any function downtown, I highly recommend this hotel. It's in the absolute center of everything. The Sommet Center is next door, the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum is across the street and the clubs on Broadway are on the block behind the hotel. It is a short walking distance to the walking bridge over the river to LP Field. It was the most perfect location for downtown Nashville. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Liverpool, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of September 09. Location was perfect and the overall standard of the hotel/rooms were very good although I did not need to use the parking which is somewhat expensive.

Breakfast was good value with lots of choices and the Sports Grille was good for late night drinks although I would avoid football nights if you prefer somewhere quiet - we were there for the opening NFL game which featured the Titans and the crowd was noisy.

Overall a good base for exploring downtown Nashville.

TomC

AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Hotel was clean and nice. Dined at the Palm- very good, dined and watched football in the Sportsgrille- great food and fun! The self parking was $15-17 everytime we left. The lot was relatively vacant then our last night (Sat.) upon return it was full. So I had paid over $30 to park and then had to pay $22 to valet. Upon check out I had to wait 30 minutes for valet to retrieve my car. It was awful! All machines in fitness room in use both days!!

Jackson Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Can't beat this hotel if you are attending an event in downtown Nashville. Was there for a concert on the river and walked there in less than 5 minutes.

Hotel is nice but wouldn't pay over 200 bucks to stay here. Lucky to have Govt discount.
Rooms are nice, a little tight, bathroom is excellent. Did not use room service, too expensive and there are plenty of eaterys in the area.

Parked acrossed from the Renaissance and walked to the Hilton. 6 bucks a day compared to 14 bucks at the Hilton. Would only stay here for downtown events.

Huntsville, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Got reservations through priceline. The hotel is convenient to downtown party spots in nashville. Hotel is nice looking on inside. The room was nice but we came in to find the bathroom had been used. water on the floor, towels damp, used washcloth thrown in corner. The cup by sink had the top off and was half full with water.

Upon learning this at checkout, the lady at the front desk offered us a coupon for a free breakfast. We declined. Expected more for a $250/night room

MD Suburbs, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I stayed at this property overnight on 8/7/09. I was speaking at a convention that was being held in the hotel the following morning. Looking at their website before my trip, I had high expectations . . .

My room had been booked months prior. When I arrived at around 6:30p., I was informed by the front desk person that they " . . . had very few rooms left, and she'd have to check with her manager to see what room she could give me." She asked if I could wait three minutes for her to find out. I'm glad I sat down on one of the couches in the lobby, because three minutes turned into more like 10 or 15. Then, when she finally got back with me, she said I had the last room in the hotel -- a smoking room. That didn't bother me, but I'm sure it would have bothered someone else. While she was somewhat apologetic, I think the least they could have done was done something small -- wave the WiFi charge, perhaps? -- to show that they were indeed sorry. Yet, nothing was offered. Poor customer service, plain and simple.

When I finally got in my room, the first thing I noticed was how freezing cold it was. But, even after turning the temperature gauge up, my room never warmed up. Then, I was expecting a king bed, but the room had two double beds. This aggravated me far worse than getting a smoking room, especially considering my room had been booked months in advance.

The main atrium was always warm, while my room, and the conference rooms were freezing cold. Apparently, they got a lousy contractor to install the HVAC system in this place.

The staff, overall, was polite enough, but somewhat indifferent. I think some refresher customer service training by Hilton corporate might benefit them tremendously. And, some operations refresher courses -- especially in how you manage bookings -- is definitely in order.

This isn't the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, but it certainly isn't a 4-Diamond property in it's current state and operation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!