“Downtown's best” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madison, Alabama
“Downtown's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

WE love the Hilton Downtown Nashville and we always stay here if it is not booked when we travel to Nashville for concerts or sporting events. The location in downtown right on Broadway is just impossible to beat. Perfect for events at Bridgestone Arena. They recently did a remodel and it is even better than it was before.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Melanie F, Area Director/Marketing & PR at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jeff H,

Thank you for your loyalty by choosing to stay at the Hilton Nashville Downtown when in Nashville for concerts and sporting events. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our renovation and look forward to your return.

Melanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mt Pleasant, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you are planning a trip to Music City, USA this is not only convenient to all the sites and sounds of Nashville, but a great hotel and staff! I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Nashville!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hi Cody C, we appreciate your choosing the Hilton for your recent stay in Nashville and so pleased that you found our location, staff and hotel to be great. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for your loyalty.

Sandy Springs, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've stayed at the Nashville Hilton downtown for years. It has been my choice for business stays. Our recent visit was with the family for a college visit to Vanderbilt. We were also seeing a Preds game next door at the Bridgestone Arena.

First the good: there's no better location in Nashville. It is next door to the Bridgestone Arena and across the street from Tootsies, the Ryman and dozens of Nashville's honkey tonks on Broadway. The hotel has a great, spacious lobby and an adequate but not great gym. The bar is too small for this hotel but well located. The rooms are well designed and the beds are comfortable.

The bad: service was awful. We could not check in at 4pm because rooms weren't ready. Check in was supposed to be guaranteed at 3pm. We had five in one room so it was inconvenient to say the least. We were eventually put in a room facing Broadway on the fifth floor. We were told it was high enough to avoid the late night noise. It wasn't. Get a room on the non-Broadway side of the hotel. The room itself was nice and as I have experienced in past years. But after waiting several hours to check in, our room had spare sheets with a giant stain. See picture. We needed it for the kids on the fold out bed. When we called to get clean sheets, management was less than helpful and we had three visits from housekeeping before they could deliver what we hope were actual clean sheets. Overall, we got lousy service from the hotel staff over the two days. The rates are too high for that kind of treatment. The valet parking is overpriced and it took 20 minutes to get our car. After things had already been so mediocre or bad, having to wait with three kids for 20 minutes for your car (after calling ahead for it) was the last straw.

I don't recommend the Hilton until they turn things around. I did not mention that they killed the sports bar restaurant next to the Bridgestone Arena and turned it into an Italian restaurant that I can't imagine anyone visits Nashville to see. The sports bar was family friendly and the perfect place to gather before heading to the Arena. Next visit we will choose the Renaissance or Indigo or Hilton Garden. Courtyard is also a good choice. Also good choices on west side near Vanderbilt although not close to downtown such as an Embassy Suites and Lowes, all of which I have stayed in in Nashville.

Stayed March 2015
Melanie F, Area Director/Marketing at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear GoStreaking,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Rartian, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The lobby is a large atrium with lots of clusters of seating for groups. We stayed in a suite with two double beds. Very nice accommodations, large tv's, spacious bath, comfy beds. Room service was excellent. You are right across from the Bridgestone arena and the Country Music Hall of Fame, a couple of blocks from Broadway music clubs and the Ryman Auditorium. The down side to being in the middle of the action is the noise factor. We went on the 4th Ave side on the 7th floor and you could hear music all night. It might be better on the other side or on one of the inside rooms. All in all, a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Melanie F, Area Director/Marketing & PR at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear nancynj, we are very pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and you found the accommodations and location to fit all your needs. We do apologize for the music/noise levels due to our close location to the entertainment district and are are reviewing for possible sound quality improvements. We hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great staff, rooms are quiet and well appointed. Separation between room make for great privacy. Near all the activities downtown bars, music, river...would recommend if you are planning a visit to the Nashville area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear NolaBlackMurphy, we appreciate your choosing the Hilton Nashville Downtown for your recent stay and pleased that you liked the accommodations and our location. We certainly appreciate your recommendation and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Bellmore, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was my first time in Nashville and our travel agent chose this hotel for us. She did a great job. My first reaction was how beautiful it is. Our room was lovely. The bed comfortable, the bathroom spacious, the shower was amazing and the sitting room was very comfortable. Our room was on the first floor and we had some construction going on out our window. I never was bothered by it. My room and floor was very quiet. Everyone we dealt with at the hotel were wonderful. I do have to say that everyday we would end our day at the lounge and what a great group of people work there. A very special thank you to Harold and Laura who just made our stay there that much more special!! I also want to say try the turkey club. It really is delicious!!!!! Thanks again Hilton it was a great trip!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Melanie F, Area Marketing Director at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Diane K, thank you comments and we are so pleased that your first trip to Nashville was enjoyable and fun and that you stayed with us! Your comments about Harold and Laura will be shared as I know they take great pride in assisting our guests.

We hope your travels will bring you back to Nashville and the Hilton Nashville Downtown soon.

Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I am in Nashville for work. I wanted a nice hotel with a chain I am a "member," so I chose the Hilton. I saw the headlines - "great hotel" and "perfect stay" . . . I should have paid more attention to the "can be noisy." Holy cow is that an understatement! I have been in my room (still here) in a room facing 4th Avenue North,, only to be listening to the loudest drumming and music I can ever imagine, and I am on the highest floor that was available (8)! It is absolutely outrageous, such that I will NEVER stay here again - EVER.

That being said, it is a nice room. suite with two double-beds. There are a decent number of electrical outlets, but not anything too extraordinary. The products in the bathroom are not as advertised, but they are relatively high end (but geared for men). The air-conditioner works (wish it could drown out the noise from below).

My room service dinner - chop/chop salad - was delicious. I am a big fan of their huge convenience store on the first floor. And, the valet was nice. Of course, their directions to self-parking could be a lot more instructive than they are so if you wanted to self-park you didn't have to launch yourself back into 4th Avenue North traffic to do it.

So, I have complained about the noise, but there is nothing the hotel can do a bout it. The card on my desk says "If you're not satisfied with your stay, let us know and we'll make it right." We'll see. I rather doubt it. This is a HUGE property, and I am just one traveler. If I get any sleep and make it to the fitness center in the morning, I'll try to submit a second and updated review. But for now, count me out.

Room Tip: I don't think it is possible. The rooms facing into the atrium are bombarded by horrible piano...