We have stayed at this hotel since it opened. It was great then and for the next several years. We stay for 7-8 days and have more than often eaten most meals in the hotel grille (formerly Eddie George's)
Times have changed. The last 2-3 years the hotel has lost its' glamor and sparkle, only this year they finally changed the chair and sofa bed in the suites. The staff is not as friendly, nor is the hotel guest friendly.The hotel gives nothing in the way of competitive perks or amenities. They charge twice the price for parking oversized vehicles in someone else's facility. There are no more complimentary breakfasts and what they offer has been scaled down this year to what you would expect from a lesser motel chain, but at a four star price.I was checked out of my room in mid-stay unbeknownst to me.
When I asked to have my room made up I was told it is vacant,that I ahd checked out. They then proceeded to treat me as a trespasser, sending security to verify my identity...it was me. The experience was not pleasant and there were no apologies forthcoming. Last year (or so) when a friends toilet didn't work they got free nights. The only nicety came from the second shift maid, she said I'm sorry we goofed. Well I could go on about the cost cutting, like the welcoming candy bowl has disappeared, the courtesy evening drink is long gone, the friendly hospitable atmosphere gone as well. The food is terrible(except the burgers) and the drinks are skimpy. Location is excellent, but there are better hotels just as close to the convention center offering more value for the dollar. Like free internet, free real breakfast, etc.
There should be fewer stars on this one.When conveying my thoughts to the general manager in an e-mail he answered by claiming all was right and wonderful and the feeling that I must be out of step. I am just a customer who has traveled all my life and do know the difference between what they should offer and what this hotel delivers. The management refuses to recognize the fact that most of the dealers who stayed here, no longer honor this hotel with their business. We are just the customer, our opinions do not count.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Nashville Downtown, a AAA Four Diamond hotel nestled in the heart of Music City emerges from a multi-million dollar re-invention. The only all-suites full service luxury hotel in downtown Nashville unveils chic and modern upgrades to all 330 suites, fitness center, grand ballroom, meeting rooms, atrium lobby and introduces a landmark executive lounge. Find yourself within steps of the Music City Center, Country Music Hall of Fame, Bridgestone Arena and the world famous entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Nashville Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nashville Downtown Hotel Nashville
- Downtown Nashville Hilton
- Nashville Hilton