“Lovely Central hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Nashville Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HHonors Weekend Save Now!
Ranked #22 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
“Lovely Central hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in March/April 2013. Found the main hotels staff to be very pleasant and accommodating. Buffet breakfast was very nice, with a good variety. Rooms very clean. Only gripe was that our room was inwards facing so our view was of the lobby and as such it didn't feel very private if,the curtains were open and there wasn't much natural light. Not a huge issue for us as we wanted to be out and about anyway. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Awful! We were trying to take nap (had children with us) and all of a sudden it sounded like a jackhammer was coming through our ceiling. We completely understand if there is construction going on, but when you are paying $350 per night for a room, we expect certain parts of the hotel to be construction free. Yes we were "warned" when we checked in but they downplayed the issue. I personally checked the room above us and they were having the exact same issue. When we tried to call the front desk they were extremely unhelpful (particularly the manager on duty, Jeff). The only option they gave us was to check out.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent downtown location within a block of all the major attractions…safe area of town…rooms were mini-suites…comfortable accommodations (eg, bed, couch, room in general) with two TV’s, mini-fridge, and microwave…roomy bathroom but with tub shower…friendly employees….good meeting rooms and experience…great lobby seating but also small park across street for outdoor sitting

My only complaint was my room windows faced into the hotel atrium and had to keep drapes clothes due to people could easily see inside my room (close to glass elevator and walk-way). Room wi-fi was not free and had to pay a daily parking fee (but garage was on property and underground).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
rwvw415, General Manager at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mgkendra,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and friendly staff. I’m also happy to know that you were pleased with your room setup. When our upgrade is complete, there will be even more to enjoy about our suites. I do agree that the atrium rooms present some challenges. We are addressing plans to correct that issue in the future. Thank you again for the kind comments.

Thanks Ray
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Even though they are going thru a renovation, this place is likely the only place I'll stay in Nashville going forward. Great service, good breakfast, comfortable and spacious rooms. I had a bad cold and ordered hot water/lemon/honey from room service and they did NOT charge me which I thought was fabulous--they probably felt bad for me as I was sniffling/red eyes, etc. I appreciated the kindness. I had a room that faced the lobby/inside of the hotel and it was quiet.

Dear bookersclub,
Sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather during your stay! I hope you were able to get out and see all that our great city has to offer. Your comments regarding our service, food & beverage and rooms are sincerely appreciated. We value your understanding as we renovate and are thrilled to hear that it did not affect your stay. Thanks for saying that the Hilton Nashville Downtown will be the only place you’ll stay in Nashville from now on. We look forward to having you!

Ray
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hilton which is the same as I remember it from a decade earlier. Convenient if you're attending functions at the Arena across the street or the new Music City Center This is right in the middle of all the downtown restaurant scene and there are tons of options within walking distance.

If you're not up for exploring the town as I was not the sports bar in the hotel is open late and serves great food late. A true life saver when working on business. If you're up for a great steak the Palm is a 60 second walk.

August 2013 undergoing some construction so not totally quiet during the day but a great value overall.

NOTE. If you haven't been to Nashville the taxis charge a flat $25 between the airport and downtown, downtown and Opryland, Opryland and the airport. It's their triangle. I only mention this as I forgot and did a lot of commuting between these spots. I should have rented a car.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Okay if you happen to get a room on the perimeter-interior rooms (living room and bedroom) both look out over the lobby and for privacy, you have to keep curtains closed. Nice magnification mirror in the bathroom, plenty of soft, clean towels. Comfortable furniture and desk for working.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Beckley, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Pros= close to all the action, great for working out or running on the river. Rooms are very clean, staff especially Kellie at the front desk were very freindlly and had a top notch can do attitude. Parking staff was fast and efficient.

Cons= $150 charge on credit card if you are staying more than 3 days, even if its a corperate blocked room? (Company paid for all the rooms) my credit card was for incidentals only, did not understand the $150 deposit. First time ever that charge has ever been applied to my card for staying more than 3 days? Renovation on top 3 floors, sleeping late is not possible, and if you have a room off the back of the building the trash truck comes at 0630 am every morning, get a front room. Rooms are in need of updating, tub so old it is bowed and dosnt drain, and without a strategically placed towel at the front edge it would flood the whole bathroom. They also allow pets so be prepared for dog issues. parking is on the higher end at $28 a day.

All in all would I stay there again? Only if the need arises.

Room Tip: get a room in the front of the hotel and below floor 5
Dear daveandgloria,
I am thrilled to hear that Kellie provided such great service to you. She represents our hotel and front desk well and I appreciate your kind comments. I apologize that the $150 hold was not explained to you in more detail. It is not actually a “charge” but a hold ($50 per night) to guarantee any incidental charges you may incur. This is an industry standard and allows you to have “credit” in the hotel for restaurants , room service and the gift shop.

We agree that our rooms would benefit from an upgrade, hence our current renovation project, which includes new bathtubs or walk-in showers in all of our suites.

Today’s traveler likes the option of travelling with their pet. We do allow this but restrictions and standards are in place to ensure the comfort of our other guests. Even those guests travelling without animals have expressed their enjoyment of our pet policy. Yours is the first negative comment I’ve heard. I apologize that you did not have a positive experience. I’m not sure what you encountered but if you’d like to discuss it further, I would welcome an opportunity to do so.

Thanks Ray

Been to Hilton Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!