“Perfect location, that is why you stay here” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Georgia
“Perfect location, that is why you stay here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Picked hotel for closeness to Bridgestone Arena & walkable to Broadway. It's nice, good service, it's not a ritz Carlton but it's perfectly fine. Very spacious & comfortable rooms. One odd observation: in the lobby breakfast restaurant where the buffet is, the yellow chairs are DISGUSTINGLy FILTHY. Completely skeeved me out and chose to order room service next morning bc there was no way I'd sit in those yucky chairs again.
Lobby atrium is open & beautiful...but those chairs...blech!

• Stayed December 2012

808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What an inappropriate wedding vendor! Everything was all smiles and collaboration when we first signed up to have our wedding at the Hilton Hotel in downtown Nashville. But once they got our deposit, things took a turn for the worst!

First let me note that I am not even fully explaining my experience since the Hilton had their lawyer call me about my original post on this site.

To start, they screwed up a ton of stuff, the biggest mistake being serving the wrong entree at dinner! They showed us this delicious almond and panko encrusted chicken breast with a fantastic sauce, served with a cute arrangement of carrots and asparagus wrapped together in spinach leaf. We had never tasted anything so good in our lives! Even our planner was raving about it. We bragged about this amazing chicken dish to all of our friends. What was served at dinner? a bone-in quarter of a very bland chicken with some kind of glaze and pecans on it and a miscellaneous assortment of vegetables without any arrangement. Nothing like the description on the menus. So embarrassing! When we complained about it the manager of the hotel told us (I kid you not!) that the bland chicken served at dinner was correct and they just accidentally served us the wrong entree at the tasting. He then informed me that I should have known that the chicken they showed us at the tasting was not what they were planning on serving. They couldn't even admit to their mistake!

What's worse is that the catering staff continually tried to trick us into paying more for things. They increased the price for everything from the drinks to the entrees, to even doubling the price of dessert. Then the catering manager demanded we prove they had promised us different prices. We had to show them their own contract and individually point out the pricing before the catering manager agreed to use the correct prices. The next round of bills we received only had some items changed, as if we wouldn't notice that they didn’t touch half of the pricing, and we had to go through the hoops all over again at least TWO more times before they finally got the bills straight. They tried to charge us for things that were specifically included as free in the contract. They offered us freebees and then changed their mind (e.g. free gift bag delivery). It was like trying to negotiate with a used car dealer. And just wait until you see the final bills. In addition to charging us for 10.5 alcoholic drinks per person, they charged us for things like bartenders when the contract specifically included these services.

The whole experience was just horrific. We couldn't believe what was happening. Luckily we made the best of it and the rest of our vendors were so awesome that we still had a good wedding, but with so many hotel choices downtown, there is just no reason to put yourself through the trauma of trying to have an event at the Hilton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
rwvw415, General Manager at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Caitlyn D–

Based on the mutually agreed upon settlement that we made with you and your husband, we felt that this matter was resolved so I’m surprised that you have decided to criticize us so harshly on a public forum. The Hilton Nashville Downtown has hosted high-end weddings and events for 10+ years, and we consistently receive accolades from brides, families and attendees regarding our venue and our professional staff. Our events are usually flawless, but I admit that a mistake was made with your entrée during the taste testing and was different than what a portion of your guests received at the dinner. We reduced your bill based on a mutual agreement that was proposed by your husband .You and your husband seemed satisfied with that resolution based on your correspondence.

Although we acknowledge that your entrée was not as expected, this did not happen intentionally. We take offense to the other inaccurate assertions, Your recollection of the billing/negotiation process differs greatly from ours. We upheld every pricing assurance that was made to you. Our professional and experienced staff cares about our guests and works tirelessly to ensure their events are executed perfectly. Our stellar reputation is important to us and we have never padded our guests’ bar bills or added hidden fees to our guest bills. If you would like to continue this discussion further I would be happy to speak with you and your husband again.

Thanks Ray
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The hotel offered a great location to the downtown area of restaurants and bars. The breakfast was very nice in the morning, but about $18 per person. My only warning is that you may need to consider a room away from the main street, as the bars and music go late into the night and you can hear the music and banter extremely well. Overall, I would stay here again with no hesitations.

Room Tip: Tip noted above...you will be awake with the late night bar patrons if you choose a room on the main...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I work for a different hotel, and am constantly shipping packages around the country for my managers and the various trade-shows/events they attend. These packages are essential to the success of their trade-show and directly affect the amount of business they can secure while on the road (ie: their bonus).

A Manager was staying at the Hilton Nashville Downtown last night, and her package was to arrive yesterday. It didn't. Then it was to arrive this morning, but didn't. She couldn't wait any longer as the trade-show was to begin at noon. I received a frantic call from her, desperately looking for a solution. I called the operator and asked if there was a courier service, or any way to re-route the package and bill our company for the extra shipping cost. I was put into contact with Terry, in the security department.

I explained the situation to him... AND HE HANDLED IT!!

I mean he gave me a cell phone number, contacted my manager at the trade show, notified me the moment the package arrived at the hotel (actually called me when he was already in the car driving 30 minutes away to deliver it !!!!!!), met her in the lobby, and he did it all for free. Never once acknowledged my attempts to compensate his effort. He was polite, charming and professional. To work in the hospitality field, and be WOWED like this is not easy. The service was above and beyond what I could have ever imagined. Thank you Terry, you saved my A** and were the reason the trade-show was a success!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel was fair- the room we stayed in had not been properly cleaned. They did send someone up to fix the room after we complained. I was warned that the hotel was not great and I should have listened to the advice. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
rwvw415, General Manager at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Nashville Downtown. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. I assure you that we take great measures to insure that our rooms are spotless for our guests. In fact, we were recently recognized by Hilton Corporate for our consecutive stellar inspection scores. We also consistently receive high marks on guest surveys regarding the cleanliness of our rooms. I am not sure what your specific issues were but would welcome an opportunity to hear what they were so I can address them with my staff. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Ray
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We love staying at the Hilton in Nashville TN. It is within walking distance of the tourist area Broadway where all the honky tonks and live music plays in every bar. The sports bar is also very good to watch games in and have some decent food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Whether you are in Nashville for a hockey game, a football game, or just to visit the honkey tonks, this is the perfect location! We have stays in a queen room with a view of the Country Music Hall of Fame and once in an indoor king suite and both are nice. Reminds me of an Embassy Suites. Again, you are paying for location!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hilton Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!