“Service above and beyond expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Nashville Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hhonors Weekend Save Now!
Ranked #26 of 150 hotels in Nashville
San Francisco
“Service above and beyond expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I work for a different hotel, and am constantly shipping packages around the country for my managers and the various trade-shows/events they attend. These packages are essential to the success of their trade-show and directly affect the amount of business they can secure while on the road (ie: their bonus).

A Manager was staying at the Hilton Nashville Downtown last night, and her package was to arrive yesterday. It didn't. Then it was to arrive this morning, but didn't. She couldn't wait any longer as the trade-show was to begin at noon. I received a frantic call from her, desperately looking for a solution. I called the operator and asked if there was a courier service, or any way to re-route the package and bill our company for the extra shipping cost. I was put into contact with Terry, in the security department.

I explained the situation to him... AND HE HANDLED IT!!

I mean he gave me a cell phone number, contacted my manager at the trade show, notified me the moment the package arrived at the hotel (actually called me when he was already in the car driving 30 minutes away to deliver it !!!!!!), met her in the lobby, and he did it all for free. Never once acknowledged my attempts to compensate his effort. He was polite, charming and professional. To work in the hospitality field, and be WOWED like this is not easy. The service was above and beyond what I could have ever imagined. Thank you Terry, you saved my A** and were the reason the trade-show was a success!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel was fair- the room we stayed in had not been properly cleaned. They did send someone up to fix the room after we complained. I was warned that the hotel was not great and I should have listened to the advice. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
rwvw415, General Manager at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Nashville Downtown. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. I assure you that we take great measures to insure that our rooms are spotless for our guests. In fact, we were recently recognized by Hilton Corporate for our consecutive stellar inspection scores. We also consistently receive high marks on guest surveys regarding the cleanliness of our rooms. I am not sure what your specific issues were but would welcome an opportunity to hear what they were so I can address them with my staff. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Ray
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We love staying at the Hilton in Nashville TN. It is within walking distance of the tourist area Broadway where all the honky tonks and live music plays in every bar. The sports bar is also very good to watch games in and have some decent food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Whether you are in Nashville for a hockey game, a football game, or just to visit the honkey tonks, this is the perfect location! We have stays in a queen room with a view of the Country Music Hall of Fame and once in an indoor king suite and both are nice. Reminds me of an Embassy Suites. Again, you are paying for location!

• Stayed November 2012
Duluth, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This property is maitained to high Hiltn stnadrds. The cavernous lobby is very appealing; there is a nice sports bar restaurant on location. The service is very good. It is conveneiently located one block off broad street which has numerous restaurants, bars, and music clubs. It is across the street from the symphony hall building. It has easy access to the highway. This is a very good location when in Nashville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

From the moment that I arrived at the front of the hotel and the valet meet my family at our car our trip to Nashville was wonderful. I was very happy to find out that the hotel was right in the middle of everything! Gabrielle at the front desk was very kind and helpful answering our questions and suggested that we speak with Joe Mack Tres the concierge. He suggested that several restaurants and even called to make reservations for us and made other suggestions for things us to do during our stay and we did them all! Each time we came in the hotel he called us by our names and acted like he had known us for years. He told us about the big New Year's bash that is going to be held on Broadway and my husband and I have decided to come back without our children to celebrate and stay at the Hilton downtown Nashville again! GREAT TRIP!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Location is perfect for walking to all the downtown attractions including LP Field to watch the Titans play. The bar and restaurant inside the hotel were decent and not too pricey. The "free" breakfast for Hilton Honors Diamond members is just the cold side of the buffet, you may upgrade to include the hot side for $6 more per person. Rooms were fine and the staff was nice as usual with a Hilton Hotel. We flew in and did not need a rental car since we could walk everywhere and the cab ride to the hotel was quite cheap (around $25). I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!