“Great Food and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Nashville Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HHonors Weekend Save Now!
Ranked #22 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Food and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I am a Diamond member with Hilton so I have lots of experience with the hotels. This is a nice hotel in a great location, but it is the staff that makes it excellent. Usually the continental breakfast is functional but not interesting. The food here is worth returning to the hotel as often as possible. I can't believe hashbrowns can be a food you LOVE but my husband and I both said "this is the best thing I have ever put in my mouth". We spoke to the chef who explained the recipe and then brought out snacks for our road trip. This is one example of several of the staff going way out of their way to make our stay special instead of ordinary.

Room Tip: the hotel has a large atrium. You don't want to say
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Jeffersonville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We just got back from a two day trip to Nashville. We didn't have a room when we left Louisville and picked the Hilton Downtown based on its location. All in all it was a good decision. The hotel is a block from Broadway so it was easy to get to the main drag by foot and enjoy the great night clubs and dinning in the downtown area. The room was spacious and well equipped. We had a first floor king overlooking the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Bridgestone Arena. The cost was what you'd expect for a great location and a suite, so no complaints from us! The staff was helpful and everyone made an effort to help out.... One note, the young man working the hotel store was sharp, well versed on everything in the store and a delight! The exercise room was a disappointment... the only one of the stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I am a Lieutenant colonel in the US Army and just got back from Iraq and needed to stay in Nashville on my way driving to DC. Because of a conference in town, rooms were hard to come by and so I had to book a room here. I just checked in today (June 15th) and it was the worst experience. First, I tried to get a government rate (my regular room rate, the only one available was 360.00!) and they basically said, "go take a hike, we don't give military rates and have non available." Then when I went to check in, I tried to get complimentary internet access since I have to work from the room. (they usually charge a ridiculous 11.95 a day for what is usually free elsewhere.) The lady finally agreed after talking with the manager and then coming out and grabbing a coupon that was right in front of her the whole time! You would think paying 360.00 a night and active federal service would get you free internet. They were unpleasant, rude, and I would recommend avoid this hotel entirely. Especially if you are US government, do NOT go here!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel entirely.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
RayNashvilleTN, General Manager at Hilton Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay last night. I spoke with my front desk agent and researched your complaint. We set our rates based on the business that we have in the hotel. When we are full our rates are at a high level . Due to the business in Nashville this month our rates are at or close to the highest levels
Because of our close proximity to Ft. Campbell, we have military members stay with us often and, when availability allows, are always happy to offer the government rates to them. Our system shows that you made your reservation at 5pm yesterday and you reserved the last room we had available to sell. Government rates are based on availability and could not be utilized last night due to a sell-out. Complimentary internet is provided for HHonors members at the Gold level or above but our agent gave you free internet access after you requested it. I regret that you did not consider this a sufficient accommodation.
In speaking with my Adminstrative Assistant she told me she allowed you to use her computer to book for your flight. I wish you would have told her of your concern with our rate structure at that time.
We strive to provide great customer service and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Ray Waters
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We had an Amazing experience with this Hilton & plan on making a trip back. The service we recieved was AMAZING. Rooms were clean. THe location was PERFECT. We walked everywhere & had no need to rent a car.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I loved my stay in Nashville and plan to return again soon. Would definitely stay in the Downtown Nashville Hilton. Beds are very comfortable and staff are friendly. Food also great! You can walk and be in the center of everything...lots to do!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Portsmouth, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

one can't get any closer than the Hilton, half a block from the strip, same from the hall of fame.
Stayed here twice, both times without issue. Super property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

stayed at the hilton while visiting family and friends. the hotel was nice and clean, the pool and spa was super nice, trey was always in there checking chemicals and cleaning it, was super nice to talk to and was super funny, my kids loved him. the rooms are super nice and clean, did have one problem one morning woke up to take a shower and the handle broke off, called down to the front desk and figured its 6am they probably dont have anyone here who can fix this till 8 or so. it seemed like i just hung up the phone and i heard a nock at the door and i answer it and there is trey was so happy to see him, he came in and knew exactly what was wrong, went to get some parts and came back super quick and started right away, he was very quick and professional had it done and working in 10 minutes. could not have asked for a friendlier person. will be staying here everytime i am in nashville.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!