“Nice for Our Needs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road

You added Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road
Ranked #45 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Brutus
“Nice for Our Needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while attending Tin Pan South. We wanted to stay downtown but the rates were outrageous so we stayed here with a still pretty steep price but hey, there was a big event in town. All was fine in the room except 1st, the room was a little smaller than a typical 2 bed Holiday Inn Express room. Not awful, just smaller. And 2nd, there was a terrible periodic vibration against one of the bed's headboard. My husband figured out it was a single unit heater in the hallway by the exit door which butted up to our room. Beware if booking room 142 that it is by an exit door and this noise may be an issue for you.

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, breakfast, service and WIFI were all good. I have spent a lot of time in Nashville and although this is not the ritzy neighborhood of Downtown or Vandy, it is really not too bad and close to dining options and a pretty quick drive down Charlotte to Downtown. Locking your car and not having valuables exposed is always a good idea anywhere, including here. The pool is outdoors and not open at our visit. Overall I would stay here again if the price was right and I wanted to be relatively close to downtown.

Room Tip: Skip room 142 in the colder months due to hall heater that causes bed headboard to vibrate.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Kcalmole,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West,we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to accomdate you despite the issue you had with the heating unit. Also, we thank you for informing us about the unit and because your opinion matters greatly to us, we ensure you that we will resolve this issue for future guests. Thank you again for choosing us, we look foward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was a pretty standard stay for a Holiday Inn Express. Regular buffet style breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, breads, sausage gravy (which I was told wasn't very good), juices, and a pancake maker. The room layout was a little strange as you walk through the bathroom to get to your room. Also, if the 'upgrade' you to a suite, don't expect much. You get a couch and a bigger closet. The standard room has a microwave, coffee maker, and fridge. Bed was comfortable enough and room was clean enough for my needs. Even though it's close to the 40/155, I didn't hear any noise from it in my room facing them. There is a Mexican place across the street called Cinco do Mayo that has a bar, and if you like food that kills you, please try the two tacos for .99 at the Jack in the Box right off the parking lot. They are my secret crush, along with McRib's. There is also a Fat Mo's next door, which has pretty decent burgers. If you have a choice of hotels, you might consider the Holiday Inn on Elm Hill Pike that I stayed at a few weeks ago (cheaper, bar/restaurant on site, indoor pool, and an omelette station for breakfast). I only stayed at this hotel because mgmt picked it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Eric W,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to accomodate you, and that you found the attractions surrounding us accomodating as well. Have a great day, and thank you for staying with us.
Elizabethtown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Got there 7:30 pm no reservation and told only room available was executive suite best room at $199 a night. With aarp discount $179. I took it. Room was not cleaned sheets not changed. They had bodily fluids on them. I called for them to be changed and the girl brought 1 sheet and asked me if I was ok with JUST the bottom sheet being changed. She sat on the bed playing with her phone waiting for the other employee to bring a second sheet.. no pillow cases just a sheet no blanket. I was too tired to wait another 15 minutes so she leaves. In morning we go to take a shower and the mat had a large foot print on it. I went down to front desk and the man who was the house keeping manager said oh so sorry I can offer you 30% off your bill. Wow I was shocked and after a few more words gave 50% off. I left paying $101 for the worst room I've ever had with holiday Inn express. Would they be ok with this? I had 2 more hotels to stay in on our trip and did not use their respective company again

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mishelle L,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your candid review of our property. Again, we do apologize about the experience you had with our hotel and ensure you that this will not be a reoccurence. Although, you mentioned that you will not return, we ask that you give us another oppurtunity to show you why we are a great hotel that guests love. We hope to see you again, have a great day.
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Excellent hotel. Cares about their guest. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, New and up to-date furniture. Full breakfast buffet available. Staff has great appearance and is very professional. Quiet, no background noise.

Room Tip: Great location near interstate
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear DomoniqueT,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-west, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that our staff was able to deliver you a exceptional experience and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We thank you for making us a great hotel that our guests love, see you again soon. Have a great day.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel has everything you'd expect in a Holiday Inn Express. I should have written this review last June. I had eye surgery scheduled for early morning June 11 at Centennial Medical Center and then had to be back early a.m. on June 12 for follow up -- yet they couldn't admit me. Gotta love insurance running the medical show. But that's another story. June 10, 11, 12 -- Fanfair was in town. Country Music fans from all over the country and the world flock to Nashville that week. I called other hotels, other Holiday Inn Expresses within a couple of miles of this one. Rate was around $300 a night regardless of why I needed the room. This hotel is a very quick, short drive to Centennial -- it is a drive, not a walk -- and I think my medical rate was $89 for each of two nights, plus tax of course. But I still ended up with a room for 2 nights for only 2/3 of what one night would have cost me at any other decent hotel I could find in Nashville. If would recommend this hotel for anyone, and particularly if you are having to stay in Nashville for medical reasons. It's the only Holiday Inn Express I found that offered a medical rate.

And to those who might think about abusing this medical rate thing, please don't. Some of us need it. And they may require proof. With me the proof was pretty obvious as half my head was professionally bandaged. For those who need the service though, here is where to find it. And the staff and everyone was top notch as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Greenbuck97,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to meet your personal and financial needs. We are also glad that you have chosen to stay with us in the future. Thank you for making us a great hotel that our guests love, have a great day.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am a platinum member and tend to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels exclusively

Pros:
newer looking rooms
comfortable bed
good breakfast spread
friendly staff
fast internet
typical price compared other HI Express hotels
good tv channel selections
typical fitness center with basic cardio equipment

Cons:
Smaller than average TV size
TV didnt work the night I was there, but worked in the morning

I would stay at this hotel again when in the area

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Encore02,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to accomodate you through our facility and what we have to offer.We are also glad that we were able to resolve the issues that you experienced with your television. We look forward to seeing you again soon, have a great day.
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We stay at this hotel everytime we visit Nashville and up to today we've had great experiences. Staff is great and courteous, the gentleman who works the front desk evenings/nights is very pleasant to speak with and helpful. I also like the fact that there is security at night, I ran into their security staff a couple of times and was acknowledged and greeted. The hostess is very friendly and the rooms are as clean as can be. Overall this hotel is great. Kuddos to a great manager who has an excellent staff from houskeeping to front desk.

• Stayed December 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear _d_crystal,
We would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that throughout your many experiences, we are able to deliver great service each time. We look forward to your continued business and to seeing you again soon. Thank you for making us a great hotel that guests love. See you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road? Share your experiences!