“Clean Scenic Camp Ground” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Two Rivers Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Two Rivers Campground
You added Two Rivers Campground to your Saves list
2616 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Shorewood, Minnesota, United States
“Clean Scenic Camp Ground”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

There were some pros and cons to this park, but the pros definitely outweighed the cons. On the lower level of this campground is where you will find the most scenic sites, with most sites being right on one of the two rivers. You can camp next to one and see the other across the road (where there are also campsites). I did not feel crammed into a site either, they very relatively spacious. The sites are also clean and grassy, not dirt. The upper level seemed more crowded and not much to look at. Bring bikes, because it is a little bit of a haul to the pool, mini golf, store and other features.... including the shower house. I wish they would have showers located on the lower level. They do have a nice bathroom area that is kept very clean. In fact the whole park is clean!
this park is great because you can have the nature feel from the river, where there is a great swimming area and easy fishing right from your campsite. You also can have more of the resort feel by heading up the hill to the main building with lots of amenities, including the clean and large swimming pool!
We decided to do some tubing down the river as well. Signed up, picked out which tube to use, got on a bus. We were driving to some unmaked location and the driver just opened the door and pointed to a path. My kids and I have never gone tubing and were expecting some instruction or safety talk, but we were literally just dropped off without any talk of what to expect. Would have been nice to know what the condition of the river was like... anything! Well, to make things shorter, the current took me right into a fallen tree, where I was swept under and barely managed to get back out. The current was so strong that I used every bit of strength to hold on to that limb before another tuber and my son were able to help me back on my tube that went down the river without me. I did report the incident to the office and they knew exactly which tree I was talking about. What was frustrating to me is how we did not receive any warning about this danger that they knew about. And no information about what to do if there was an emergency or something as simple as losing a tube. Just seemed like they got there money so thats it! I seriously almost drowned! I would warn against going tubing!
The staff were OK. They were just there to do their job, nothing more or less. Not very friendly, just aloof.
My other con is that they did not in force curfew. I had a big group camped across the street who did not even try to be concerned for other campers who might be trying to sleep. I am alright with people having fun, but they were VERY loud until about 2 A.M. on a Thursday night. Curfew is 11.
I will go back to this park because it was clean and I like both the river fun (minus the terrifying tubing) and the great pool area. It is a great place to go for 2 night, anymore would be to much. I grew up in the area, so have other draws to the area. But the towns themselves do not offer much. If you do camp here, be sure to check out the Creamery in Rice Mn. about 5 minutes way. Good down-home cooking!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Nice clean sites, bathrooms, laundry and pool are always clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. I asked if the grocery stores would be open on a holiday and the owner herself, called Kroger to see if they would be open. Stayed there Labor day 2013 and they had a pizza party by the pool and fed us all. Very nice place. We can get the shuttle to downtown and not have to drive in Nashville traffic. The sites are level and roomy. Don't have to worry about trees-because they are always trimmed. They have music at the campground on certain evenings, there is a Walmart 2 exits down or grocery stores a few blocks away. Very convenient, very easy to get to, very reasonably priced. We visit there every year and Two Rivers is our Favorite campground.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed for two nights and it was very pleasant. Site had full hook up and was level. It was located next to Camping World which we wanted to visit. Also there were motorhome sales near so we could check out newer motorhomes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is an easy to find campground very near to Opryland. We made our reservations by phone the morning of and they provided for our late arrival. Very clean and well maintained. We will definitely stay there next time we pass through Nashville, TN. We will take advantage of the down town shuttle next time.

Room Tip: This is a campground with very easy pull throughs
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Had an excellent 5 day stay here during the CMA Festival, checked in with no problem. Great location if you aren't wanting to stay in the middle of downtown Nashville, the campground is located around several places to eat including Opryland Mall only about a 15 min drive to downtown. Very clean campground and bathhouses, I did not swim in the pool but it looked nice and clean.The campsites aren't huge and really close togehter but worked for us. I would definitely stay here again will most likely be back for CMA 2015:-) The staff was super friendly and helpful, they were willing to help if needed but didn't come around telling you couldn't do this or that. All and all was a great experience. Thanks Tabitha

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Let me begin by saying that we could not have experienced this campground at a more stressful time for the folks that work here. We were there for the country music festival in June/14 and there was no "room at the inn" for anyone else. The staff handled the "full house" with ease and dignity. They were present but never in your face. You needed anything... They were there!
The nightly country bands were a welcomed surprise and enjoyable, especially after being in huge crowds at the festival.
A special thank you goes out to Rusty, Cathy and Tabitha! Thanks again folks we will be back next year!

Room Tip: Shuttle service comes right to the campground... Such a plus while drives an RV!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Awesome Folks to Deal with True Southern Hospitality

We arrived at the campground after 3.5 days of driving from Massachusetts. We were promptly greeted by two office personnel and the owner himself. Due to the country music festival being in full swing, the campground was full. WE may have “screwed” up our reservation but they found a way to get us situated. Thank you so much… They went WAY OUT OF THEIR way to accommodate us!
Additionally, we encountered a medical emergency while there and had assistance in every way possible to get us the help we needed and made allowances to extend our reservation.
One of the girls even offered transportation assistance and made certain we were OK. True southern hospitality here!

Room Tip: Get a bus pass to take you in and out of Nashville
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Two Rivers Campground? Share your experiences!