“Clean and inexpensive option near the airport” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Nashville Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   510 Claridge Drive, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #60 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Clean and inexpensive option near the airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

Trying to find a decent hotel near the airport for under $100/night was no easy task. However, this Red Roof Inn fit the bill quite nicely, and actually came in well under budget! The small lobby was bright and modern, and the rooms were tastefully and recently renovated. Beds were on the firm side, but not uncomfortable to me. Everything was very clean. We didn't hear much outside noise from airplanes or anything else. Every employee I encountered (3 front desk staff and 1 housekeeper) were friendly and helpful.

This hotel is located near several other airport hotels, and is next door to a Shoney's. You will only receive the basics here... only coffee in the lobby in the mornings, shampoo and soap, wi-fi is available for an extra charge. However, if all you need is a clean place to crash at night, and you don't want to spend a lot of money, you will probably be quite satisfied at this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Horn Lake, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

I read where it was recently renovated so we decided to try it, the outside looked like the older Red Roof's often do. However, I had a business style room which I was pleasently surprised. A work area for my laptop (as we were on a pleasure trip but I still bring my laptop to download pictures...), not a table but a counter top that facilitated a good work environment... Furnishings were very nice, the TV very functional with pay per view movies and a variety of channels. We only had only a little noise from the airport, nothing that was bothsome. The wireless internet worked fine.

Stayed February 2009
Johnstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

We spent our second night in Nashville at the Red Roof Inn, after spending $175 the previous night at the Radisson across the street. Our first hotel was seriously overpriced, and the Red Roof was the way to go, only regret was that we didn't book our stay there originally. We could have saved a ton of money for the same room. Our room was very clean, the desk staff was wonderful. We needed an iron and ironing board, and they were ready to help out by sending one to the room. Anything we needed, they did. Couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. Cleaning staff is 5-star, too. NO COMPLAINTS!!! GREAT VALUE, GREAT PRICE!!!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Price, and friendly staff. Also great location, close to everything!
  • Disliked — No complaints about any thing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Smoky Mountain, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

I made reservations to stay at this hotel back in October of 2007. My mom and I were to take a cruise in January 2008 and were flying out of the Nashville airport. We live almost 4 hours away and when we were trying to decided on if we just should just drive the day of our flight or drive down the night before and get a good nights sleep. When I contacted the hotel, I was quoted very reasonable rates with their park and fly program, which included 5 days of free parking and then $3.00 for each additional day. It was just about $20.00 more than if we had just driven down and paid to park at the airport in the economy lot. So, we decided it was worth it. I held my reservation by credit card on a 6 p.m. hold. A week before we were to arrive, I called and confirmed my reservation and they said they had me in the system. The day we were to drive down there, I called to let them know we would be a late arrival. They said it would not be a problem. After driving over 4 hours to get there, we were notified that they had temporarily suspended the park and fly program due to remodeling and they didn't have that extra space. The front desk clerk told me you're welcome to stay here, you just can't leave your car here. However, the price was the same and now we would have to pay to park on top of that. After checking around, we decided on staying down the street at the LaQuinta, which was nicer and had a hot breakfast but was double the price. After our cruise, I contacted General Manager and the Assistant General Manager to tell them my story. The Assistant General Manger called me back and all she said was "I'm sorry if it caused you any inconvenience". Well, of course it did and cost me double the money. I also told her that if we would have known it was discontinued we would have never driven down the night before our flight. But she didn't care. I ask her when they discontinued the Park and Fly and she told me in November. I ask why I wasn't notified, even when I called in the week before or the day of. She said their computer doesn't show if it's park and fly. Well, you would think they would know by the rate the quote for it. Needless to say, I will never stay there or attempt to stay there again! I also went online to www.redroof.com tried to file a complaint against management and no one would contact me from the website either.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

My mom, my dog and I traveled from Durham, NC to Springfield, MO. We stopped in Nashville because it was roughly 1/2 way. I usually try to stay at Red Roof Inns when I take my dog because they are pet friendly. I picked this particular motel (near the airport) because it was just off I-40, which is the route we were traveling. The motel was fine; they'd refurbished the rooms so they were fairly modern. We took a double room, non-smoking. Actually, we stayed there twice, on the way to Springfield and then a few day later on the way home.
I am a Redi Card member so that is how I booked the rooms; directly with the Redi Card folks. We got decent rates (around $47/night + taxes). The room(s) were fine, comfortable, clean, etc. However, I'd definitely suggest asking for a room behind the office (on that side of the building); a lot less noise (we stayed on the office side the first time, on the other side the 2nd time).
We really like their coffee machine in the office! It makes lattes, mochas, etc. Yum.
Having said all of this, I doubt I'd stay at this particular motel again. NOT that there was anything wrong with it (other than the walking area for dogs wasn't the best; sort of sloping landscape which was a bit difficult to manage) but mostly because of the airport noise. The motel seems to be located directly under the flight patterns.
But, there were a lot of restaurants, gas stations, etc., nearby, so, it's convenient from that regard.

• Liked — Pet friendly, convenient to the interstate, lots of restaurants, etc., near by
  • Disliked — The only thing we didn't like was we could hear airplanes all of the time; very loud
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

Recently renovated and surprisingly nice considering brand, location, etc. Probably the nicest RRI I have stayed at. Friendly staff and free airport shuttle.

• Liked — Convenience to BNA
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

I chose this hotel because it was very near the airport and I had an early morning flight to catch. The hotel was very basic and typical of old Red Roof locations. The area nearby was ok but not great. The hotel is old and worn and not very well kept. The room was barely clean and the HVAC functional but very worn as well. The wireless internet access was an additional charge but the nightly room rate was reasonable. If you're on a very tight budget this may work for you but if you are very concerned about safety or want a nice and clean room then look elsewhere.

• Liked — Very near the airport
  • Disliked — Old and not well cared for
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)