“Best hotel experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Detroit, Michigan
“Best hotel experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Absolutely love this hotel. The staff is amazing so incredibly nice. The rain shower is by far one of the best features. The 1808 grille is fantastic also! They make it so easy to get around with the Lexus that will taken you within a three mile radius! Love love love the Hutton!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Chicago IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed at the beautiful Zen like Hutton Hotel for three days during the Christmas holidays.We wanted a place of our own to be near the family and the Hutton was remarkable. Dining at the 1808 Grille for breakfasts and a dinner was a treat--staffed by helpful, friendly, knowledgeable people---and wonderful cuisine--inventive and delicious!
The fitness center on the fourth floor was a perfect spot to work out.
Loved our spacious room, beautiful linens.
Can't wait to go back at Easter!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a great night at the Hutton! From the moment the valet opened our door, we knew we were in great hands! Dinner was fantastic, the room was just the right size for the two of us, and the view couldn't be beat. Thanks to all the staff for a great stay!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I have been traveling for a long time both for work and pleasure and stayed at almost every kind of hotel there is to stay in, the best and the worst all over the world.

After leaving the Indigo Hotel after a one-night stay in the worst hotel ever we trekked over to the Hutton to see if we could get 4 rooms. We told them about our story of the one night stay and they proceeded to hook us up with 4 rooms. Not only did we get 4 rooms but they upgraded to of our rooms to a one bedroom suite or and executive as they call it. We got a good overview of the rooms, as the other two rooms were standard.

I have seen some of the bad reviews on this hotel and to be honest are completely blown away. This is one the best hotels in America and is even better then some of the Four Seasons that I stay in.

The staff is just unreal, total southern hospitality. They are there for you at ever min of the day to help with whatever you need. The rooms service staff and the chambermaids are even better. The overall vibe is that it’s a real team effort there and everyone is playing on the same side of the field. People seem to really love their jobs and take pride in what they do.

I was shocked when I got back to my rooms at 3am and the A/C seemed to come on at a high tempature in the midst of winter. I called down to the front desk and no less then 4 min later there was maintenance person in my room and had the problem fixed within min.

My pre-ordered rooms service was super prompt ever day for the 5 night stay, always on time and always hot though I will say its not the best room service breakfast I have ever had but who cares as it filled me up and got my work day going.

The overall vibe of the rooms are killer with all the right amenities in all the right places including plugs right next to your bed to plug your laptop and cell phone in at night. This makes those early morning work calls and emails easy to access while still lying in bed. I might add that the high speed wireless is super fast and free. The beds are some of the best ever and the bedding is super soft, a total 5 star sleep in this thing. Bathrooms are amazing, spacious in the regular room and super spacious in the one bedroom suite; you could have a party in there. Also the stand up shower has an amazing waterfall head with a super high pressure to really give you a nice massage while standing under a waterfall, not to mention great hot water. I really feel the overall rooms is one of the best yet, the pictures on the website don’t do it justice. Whoever designed the rooms and hotel was really thinking about ever step of what a consumer wants in life to make them not want to leave. If I was to have one complaint about the rooms is that they don’t have dimmers on the lights, which would really spruce the whole vibe up. I like it dark though so that might just be me as the lighting was super cool overall.

The lobby and its staff are great though I will say we did have an issue with one of the concierge, it also might have been our own fault.

The elevators are very quick and I just loved the lighting and décor in the hallways.
The shuttle service is a super plus, nothing like being driven around town in a Lexus SUV vs. a Taxi. We found it was easy to book it; the drivers were great as they took us around town to our daily meetings and picked us up though we called them in advance for pick-up. We also tipped them on ever drive, which I’m sure was helping both us and them out. They always seemed to want to drive us somewhere ☺

Overall location for me is great as I work in the music business and all my clients are within a five to ten min drive from the hotel though I can see why people don’t love the location as its not right downtown in party land. Though I will say that this is one of the hippest parts of town if you get directed to the right spots to eat and drink by locals. I spent all my time in this part of town and don’t really go downtown to often.
We had a huge dinner with a client in the hotel restaurant and though the food was good we thought it was slightly overrated for the price. We spent around $650 for 4 people and 2 bottles of fine wine. That was a full course meal including appetizers. Now please don’t think it was an awful restaurant as its not but just not the best I have ate in. The staff however was amazing and again!

The only bad thing to say is that the Hutton needs to fix their front steps into the hotel. Though they look amazing, as they are bamboo they are super dangerous, as they get really slippery in both the dry and cold and rainy weather. Take caution when walking up them and hold onto the rail. And note to hotel… put some grip tape like the ones on a skateboard in these steps.

If you’re looking for a sheik boutique hotel with the service of a Four Seasons or Ritz then this is your spot. I can’t wait to go back and really want to purchase one of their beds including the bedding for my home.

Pictures to follow later as I have not had a chance to upload them yet.

PS: I did not bring my 90lbs dog but this hotel is pet friendly and they have a floor deadicated to animals. They showed me a room as I asked and they even have doggie beds in the rooms with a night time turn down service and treats of your choice, wow !

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Stayed here for 11 nights and had a great time. Lovely rooms, great bed, amazing shower, staff generally nice but fairly inexperienced, good location.

Problems with aircon in the room, once the room had dropped below or above a certain temperature, there was a big blast and noise from the aircon unit which woke us up a couple of times every night without fail.

The other problem was breakfast. Most mornings we were in a bit of a rush as we had to go to work. Unfortunately it's a sit down affair, like an evening meal. We ordered cereal only and regularly had to wait 15 / 20 minutes or so to get it! And there was no-one else in the restaurant. We had heard other people complain about the apathetic service too, although they were all nice enough staff. The restaurant was totally overstaffed, about 6 or 7 waiters for a handful of tables, yet none had any sense of urgency. We wouldn't go back for this reason alone. Surely they could have a little side table set up with continental breakfast / cereal for people to grab if they are in a rush? Painful.

Free wifi though was a plus, and free water from the gym was also good.

Not sure this is really worthy of being a member of the Leading Hotels Of The World, but still a great place to stay in Nashville.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Just spent a weekend in Nashville and one of the highlights of our trip was the Hutton. Great hotel with an amazing staff. Everyone from the valet to room service runners were so nice to be around and seemed to really enjoy interacting with their guests. The courtesy vehicle drivers were a blast as well. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. Great shower and amazing views all around. Breakfast at 1808 (the onsite eating establishment) was amazing and just what we needed to get our days going. Great food and again wonderful service.

Whoever is managing this new hotel is doing a knockout job, we need more like you! I have zero complaints about this hotel and have been in many the past few years all over the country. Can't wait to stay here again.

Lincolnwood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

This is a very nice, well-appointed hotel. Great rooms, particularly great shower, well equipped fitness room. It's located about one mile from the District and downtown Nashville, on the edge of a somewhat seedy part of town. However, it is very convenient to Vanderbilt University and some really good restaurants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!