“Beautiful Hotel, Great Staff, Bang for our Buck Deal” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1808 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Princeton, New Jersey
“Beautiful Hotel, Great Staff, Bang for our Buck Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We went to Nashville for a wedding and a few other friends decided to stay at the Hutton instead of the Holiday Inn where there were blocked rooms. We paid an extra $10-15 per night to stay at this hotel which was very beautiful and just as convenient to the wedding location (on Vanderbilt University campus) as the Holiday Inn. We aren't hotel snobs, but it was very nice and similar to staying at a W hotel or fancy Hyatt. The beds were huge, the rooms were very clean and the showers were my favorite part - the shower stream was out of the ceiling and felt like you were bathing in a waterfall - sublime! Like most things in Nashville, it is very convenient to a lot of things by car. You could walk to the trendy Belcourt Theater area and back, in about 3 miles round trip. There is parking at the hotel, but it's quite expensive so we found free street parking behind the hotel which was very convenient and safe. The direct neighborhood isn't anything special, but it was a great place to come back to lay your head after sightseeing, shopping and partying. The staff were almost overly cheerful and helpful, and the girl at the Starbucks stand even gave me free refills on my fountain soda when i came down for breakfast. That, my friends, is service! :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

I have stayed in many upscale hotels in USA and foreign countries. This hotel rates with the most luxurious. This hotel is superior due to extreme cleanliness and freshness, staff, room and food. The air is circulated throughout the hallways and rooms consistently, the drinking water is purifed 3 times, and the beds are very comfortable. I have allergies and often times become asthmatic in hotels since the carpets are old and moldy. The food is exceptional. The staff are very helpful, from the valet, to the conceirge. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, particulary the picky travelers like me.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

The hotel staff was friendly and professional. I had a King suite that was smaller than expected but was so well appointed that the size was a non-issue. The hotel was exceptionally clean and beautifully decorated. I have always stayed at Hyatt Hotels but I am glad I tried the Hutton for a change. The only negitive was the lack of a pool and the parking was a little expensive but those were minor issues. This is the first time I have written a review for a hotel and I would give it a 10 out of 10.... a great place to stay!

Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed at the Hutton in Feb 2010 as part a three week holiday (one of six hotels).

This was are first hotel and was the best one we stayed in for value for money (3rd night free via Hotel.com). The staff were friendly from the outset (bear in mind our 15 hour journey car-plane-plane-car) without any real break and I was both spaced out and grumpy - yet within 5 mins our hire car had been parked by the concierge ($20 for 4 days) and we were checked in!! We stayed on the 6th floor the room was not massive but ,hey, we didn’t visit Nashville to stay in our room. The room was very modern and in excellent condition (almost new) and room service did an excellent job.

Other reviews have already gone through the facilities so I won't repeat them but beside no pool (not that I brought swimwear) the hotel had everything we needed for our stay. The hotel is located about a $7 cab ride from downtown but the was perfect to get away from the hustle of town.

The hotel itself has a very nice restaurant but should that not be your thing there was a nearby Mexican and several other chain venues.

All in all this was a very pleasant stay which I would recommend if heading to Nashville - I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

This is a boutique hotel in every sense of the word: breath-taking, trendy, opulent, service-oriented. It is hands-down the best hotel I've ever stayed at; it was worth every penny. As soon as we arrived at the location, I could tell thst the hotel was modern, unique, and perfect for young travelers looking for a fun, upscale place to stay. The customer service was impeccable. Everyone from the valet to the cleaning staff were polite, professional, and made you feel almost like a celebrity. The rooms can be pricey, but reflect their cost and then some with the modern bathroom fixtures, comfortable bed, and beautiful decor. The room was immaculate. Since our visit last year, I have compared every hotel I've stayed at to the Hutton. Simply put, I am always a bit disappointed because "it just isn't the Hutton."

• Stayed October 2009
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Whereas we had stayed in Memphis Westin,which has a great location but is an uninspiring hotel, we loved the Hutton.
Location is fine but you need to use courtesy car or taxi to Downtown ( 7 dollars).
No big deal.
Hotel itself ticks every box apart from Pool.
Great room,good concierge service,free wine at 5pm.
Our only criticism is that the a/c is too noisy.It has pretty much 'state of the art' system individual to each room and is very effective but quite difficult to sleep through.
Everything else is top class

Twickenham, London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Very modern with minimalist design features. Rooms are comfortable and well apppointed and staff are helpful and efficient.
We met a fairly well known musician who was in town to record an album, so that added spice to the visit, but I would go back to the Hutton anytime. If you're visiting Nashville just bear in mind that this hotel is near Vanderbilt and way out of downtown. Walking is not an option here so be prepared to drive/taxi if you want to visit the bars and clubs. The valet parking is $24 a day and they are very quick.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!