“Chic, Reasonably Priced, Quiet & Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1808 West End, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Richmond, VA
“Chic, Reasonably Priced, Quiet & Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

I had originally made a reservation on the Hutton Hotel website for a king deluxe ($159 p/night) but called the day before arrival b/c I noticed I had the wrong check-out date. When I called the hotel directly to correct my error, the reservations desk let me know about a 3-night Fall special they were having which was $40 cheaper. That was a very welcome surpise and I'm grateful for that. I certainly got more than I expected for $112 a night at a very beautiful, modern, perfectly located hotel. There are great restaurants within short walking distance (Mambu, Lime & 1808 Grille - the hotel's restaurant were all fantastic). The parking was plentiful and only $20 a night. Though we didn't make use of it, the hotel offers a Lexus hybrid SUV as a shuttle but only within a 3 mile radius. I'm not sure how that all works out in the end - especially on a Friday or Saturday night when a lot of guests might want to head 1 mile up the street where all of the bars on on Broadway. I will definitely stay here again when I make it to Nashville in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

I got an excellent deal on Expedia and paid an amazing rate per night for this hotel. The hotel could not have been nicer. we did have to pay for parking but with all that we received it was so worth it. The room was a bit on the small side but very suitable for the two of us. The bed was comfortable, there was two wonderfully comfy robes in the closet, which also contained an iron/ironing board, extra blanket and pillow..very nice.
TV great, nice view of Nashville from the 10th floor especially at sunrise.
The bathroom was clean and gorgeous. The shower had a rain shower head and there was ample room to move, with a clear glass door, a ledge for sitting or ledge for shaving legs. The toiletries smelled like a spa. The back part of the shower was a frosted glass, the other side was the room. This I thought was a bit of a downfall, although beautiful...the light from the shower woke my husband, who was still trying to sleep.
The internet service was excellent, tv beautiful. There was a gourmet coffee brew in the room. We chose not to access the mini bar so can't comment.
Across from our room 1015 was the espresso bar...after figuring it out...it was delish! A newspaper at our door each morning.
The staff could not have been of more help to us. The bar area was fantastic, great wine selections and spirts. The bartenders were funny and entertaining and very attentive. Greg was a riot!
I would totally stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.
Apparently there was a nosh bar for bkfast and coffee in the morning and wine tasting at 5pm, sadly we missed them due to our schedules.

We ate at Noshville Diner a few blocks over in the mornings, tons of food..and very good.

Excellent in every way!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

I had a very unpleasant experience in trying to coordinate a reservation with the Hutton Hotel. I spoke with their in house reservations department, and the entire experience was lackluster to say the least. The young woman I spoke with, Stephanie, seemed more concerned with things other than making my reservation. She was very short, and monotonous throughout the entire process. Her level of interest in customer service was poor, and her level of interest in my reservation was worse. I don't expect to be pampered, but you would expect a hotel such as the Hutton to provide excellent customer service throughout the enitre process. It just felt entirely too impersonal, and it seemed as though my reservation was not important at all. As far as the staff at the hotel goes, I can not say one way or another, I decided to make a reservation at The Hermitage, where my reservation seemed to matter.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
I would like to express my sincere apologies for the service you received from our Reservations Agent. While Stephanie has done an excellent job for us on the past it is obvious she was woefully lacking during your interaction. As you have mentioned their is never a second chance to make a great first impression. Our staff prides itself on it's high level of service and know we will be addressing this issue with Stephanie so it is not repeated. Your business is very important to us and I hope you will allow us an opportunity to earn your business back and experience the Hutton and it's services as it should be.

Regards,
Steven Andre
new market
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

This hotel is beautiful and has the friendliest and most accomodating staff I have seen in a while. The only negative I have is that while I think it is wonderful that it is a pet friendly hotel, I think they need to make sure that the guests are aware that they are staying on one of the pet friendly floors. We were not told that we were assigned to a pet friendly floor when we got there and while it did not present a problem to us it could have been bad for someone with allergies to animals. Overall though it was a great experience.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

We recently traveled to Nashville from NYC to tour Vanderbilt University with our college bound teenagers. This hotel was beautifully modern with spacious rooms. The hotel car took us free of charge all over within a 5 mile radius. It was terrific.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
seattle, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

Overall this is great hotel in a good location. Within walking distance to everything at Vanderbilt and a few blocks from Noshville (great deli!). The downfall is the $20 to park in their garage overnight and the room didn't have a clearly marked recycle bin which is odd for a green hotel. The shower is awesome and the bed comfy. They have large flat screen TVs but not high def picture so that was really bad. A great place to stay if you book it online and get a deal, might be a little pricey otherwise

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Curbside appeal cannot detract from the inside of this hotel. I was greeted promptly by Guest Services opening my taxi door. When my luggage hit the main entrance it was handed over to another courteous bellman, who lead me to check-in. My guest room was so nice, new, and clean. The perfect mirror and lighting for the bathroom, very nice spacious shower, comfortable beds, and big flat screen TVs. Room service was prompt and very friendly.

The only downside, would be the restaurant - I ate there for dinner one of the nights, and service was incredibly slow.

I would highly recommend this hotel. The hotel service is top-notch.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!