“Plush, cool and seriously good service. Stay here.” 5 of 5 stars

Hutton Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1808 West End, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
UK
“Plush, cool and seriously good service. Stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Last time I stayed in Nashville, I stayed at the Hilton Downtown which, for the downtown/convention center area at the closest possible qaurter, remains an excellent hotel.
But this time, the Hilton price was way high, so I looked around and came across the Hutton. Newly refurbished, the deal was good and the hotel looked great and close enough, so we took a chance.
It paid off.

Service was nothing short of outstanding from start to end - pleasant, helpful and not overly intrusive. Our luggage got lost and not only were the staff sympathetic and helpful, the barman, Greg, bought us a drink (great cocktails!) to help sooth our frazzled nerves thanks to United Airlines.
The rooms were clean, modern and comfortable - great bathrooms and fabulous rain-shower and instead of the normal (poor) in-room coffee being the only option, each floor has a free NEspresso machine for a cheeky espresso (winner!).
Location wise it's about a mile from Broadway and the convention center, and the bit of Nashville it's in is undergoing some serious redevelopment at the moment, but it's well-located for downtown and the bars and restaurants on Division when the day's work is done. Oh, and the hotel has a hybrid Lexus SUV shuttle that will take you anywhere within 3 miles (and pick you up again). Which is kind of nice.

This is a very cool hotel. A little too big to be boutique, but certainly with boutique-hotel service and plenty of comfortable touches and conveniences to make a stay very pleasant. And, as with any great hotel, it's the staff that make it.
The Hutton rocks.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
St. Petersburg, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

The Hutton is an elegant hotel with a casual feel. I love the fact that they emphasize being green. I stayed in a king room with an incredibly comfortable bed and a shower with a great WOW factor. I felt totally pampered by my surroundings as well as the staff. Eating in the 1808 Grille was a fabulous experience with outstanding cuisine and great attention to detail. The lobby is beautiful- don't miss the local artwork. The location is perfect. I will always stay at the Hutton when I am in Nashville!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I have the "luxury" of traveling quite frequently for my job. This requirement has allowed me to spend many nights in different hotels. Given my experience, I think I am in a good position to write a fair review.

This was my first trip to Nashville and the Hutton. My wife and I were there to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in a deluxe king room (14th floor- nice view). Everything about it was great- very, very, very comfortable bed. The room was very clean in general. The shower was great as well (as others have commented on). Not the largest room I have stayed in, but the quality of it made up for the lack of square footage (keep in mind that there was plenty of room for the two of us...).

The staff was fantastic as well. From helping me chase down my lost cell phone (thanks, Clay- you were too kind! Good luck with your music career!), to the very attentive concierges (Laura and Rob- many thanks for all of your help), they consistently went above and beyond. The courtesy vehicle was a nice touch (Lexus SUV) as well!

I have stayed at many hotels, but from a value perspective, none have come even close to the Hutton. I have had friends stay in other hotels while in Nashville, but I will steer them all to the direction of the Hutton for future trips!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

This was the first time I stayed at the Hutton, got a great deal from a discount site for $89 a night. Typically I think it's over $150 per night. Upon arriving, the valet service was helpful and I wasn't even using them. I self parked with in/out privileges for $20 a day. Check in seemed a little long, but I'm used to the Chain hotels like HI & Marriott, so this type of Boutique hotel tends to give a lot more info to you and help you with every aspect of your stay. But when the 2 check in associates were busy, one of the front office managers helped the next person in line to speed the process up. It's a "Green" hotel, so you need to put your room key in a slot next to the door to turn the lights on. First place in the States I've seen this. Room was great, very well appointed, and the Bathroom was really neat. Glass Vanity & Sink combo. They don't have a tub, which doesn't bother me, it was a Stall Shower, with a great Rain Style shower fixture. They had a wine tasting around 6, so it was nice to get a complimentary glass. During which time the front office managers Miguel & Holly gave me suggestions on places to eat.
I was there for 2 nights, and by all means would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

After seeing the photos online I couldn't belive the deal I received. Less than $100 dollars a night...I was wonder what the catch was. When we arrived the picture didn't even tell half the story. The staff was friendly, attentive and willing to go above and beyond. Many hotels have staff that seem to disappear at 10pm, when we returned after a night out, the staff was available and present. I enjoyed the check in, which took place at a desk instead of some sort of counter. The room...where do I begin? Sustainably appointed, modernly styled, and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. Not sure if this hotel is very kid friendly as the shower features a frosted glass opening to the guest room that shows everything in shadow if the light is just right. Loved this hotel, Loved the experience. Thanks for making our vaction unforgettable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Terre Haute, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hutton for a couple of nights and it was fantastic! Great location and great service - we had a great time!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We booked the Hutton on a whim after staying at a terrible roadside motel the night before. The Hutton exceeded our expectations. Because we had stayed in such a crummy place the night before we arrived at the Hutton at about 9am with our fingers crossed that they would let us check in early. Which they did, with no hassle at all.
The staff were all very friendly, pleasant and helpful. We found that from the valet staff (who we weren't even using), maintennance staff, to the managers and front desk people that everyone had a smile and went out of their way to be helpful and pleasant.
We were really pleased with the first room they checked us into, which was a room with a single King bed in it. Unfortunately, we ended up with some noisy neighbours. I called down to the front desk and they said that they would deal with the problem right away and if it was still noisy afterwards to call back. We did end up calling back because even though the people were trying to be quiet there were about 4 people in the room so the noise was coming through the shared door regardless. When I told the front desk this they were very apologetic and immediately asked if we were alright to be moved or if there was something else they could do for us instead. I said we were okay to be moved and she upgraded us free of charge to a king suite with a view that was just gorgeous.
The rooms are a little small but they are well appointed with nice linens, comfy beds, desk, and extra chair. The bathrooms are also really nice. They are sizable and have rain-showers with L'Occitane bath products. The wireless was free and we found it to be really fast for all of the basic internet uses (checking email, facebook, and looking up things to do in Nashville).
We also had a credit for food (from booking with expedia) and we used it to order room-service which was fast and yummy!
While this hotel may not be right next to the attractions in Nashville it is located in mid-town which has a lot of liveliness with restaurants and bars close-by.
The only negative was that parking is 20$ per day which we thought was really steep. If we had stayed more than one night we would have definitely parked elsewhere for less money.
Otherwise, we were thoroughly satisfied with our stay at the Hutton and the price we got on expedia was really good as well so left very happy.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!