“Service & music” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
coral gables
“Service & music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Music industry hangout with excellent service, from check in to check out. Room & bed comfortable. Wifi OK (need to log in after no use and not fast, but free). Restaurant is very good. Neighborhood is not great and there is quite a bit of construction going on, but good to get to/from airport by car and in and out of meetings. Valet parking is efficient. Only thought, feels like pretty much everybody can walk in and go up. On the positive side, tiny Starbucks in the lobby until 10:30 am with absolutely sweetest girl behind the counter - she must score high in tips and makes for a happy start of the day.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m pleased to hear the Hutton team provided you with excellent service from check-in to check-out! I would like to apologize for any inconveniences our neighbor’s construction may have caused you while our guest. All areas of Nashville, especially the midtown area, are booming with new restaurants and businesses popping up everywhere! We hope that our neighbors will complete their projects soon. I’m glad you utilized the Java bar! I will certainly pass along your positive comments regarding our barista employee!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Hutton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I visit Nashville often for business and pleasure ( sometimes both) and have stayed at the Union Station, The Hermitage , and Loew's in addition to the Hutton . While all are good , the Hutton seems less formal and the staff seems more helpful than the hotels I mentioned on those rare occasions I ask for directions or dining recommendations. I work as a lawyer in the film and music businesses in LA and am used to a bit less of a " traditional" or conservatively attired look than the guests at the other hotels ( especially the Hermitage) seem to have. The staff at the Hutton is helpful and friendly but not too overbearing . When I have stayed at the other top hotels in Nashville I always gelt out of place in jeans -- even on weekends ( khaki pants rule ).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are very pleased to know you enjoy staying with us for business and for pleasure. We try out best to make all guests feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

The Hutton is conveniently located with contemporary decor and well appointed rooms.
It is, however, absolutely devoid of any charm. Extensive and very noisy construction was underway while we were there. We tried to get a late lunch in the bar, but the noise was so loud that we couldn't even carry on a conversation. Check to see that it is finished before booking a room. I think this is a hotel more suited to a business traveler than a tourist or vacationer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and our contemporary décor. Everywhere throughout the midtown and downtown area is booming with up new businesses and restaurants. While we cannot control the progress within the city limits of Nashville we are sincerely apologetic for any inconvenience our neighbor’s construction may have caused you while our guest. We hope that our neighbors will complete their projects soon.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you have you back as our guest!

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Truly such a great escape and first class. Stayed here several times - and each time, stellar. But, the surprise champagne after we got back that night - on ice - just underscored their attention to detail, and outstanding hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind review and for spending your 17th wedding anniversary with us. That is such a special time and I’m glad we were able to make it memorable. I’m pleased that our concierge was able to set up a special amenity for you and your wife.

Thank you again and we look forward to your stay with us at the Hutton!

General Manger
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Rooms are modern, with good internet and big screen support (including hook ups to link your computer to the flat screen to practice a presentations).

Had breakfast and lunch in the hotel, today. Both food and service were excellent. Well-crafted menu.

From the greeting at checking, to restaurant waiters, and maintenance workers (just in the course of going from task to task), EVERYONE was engaging, friendly, and helpful.

Can't speak highly enough about this property. I have a third night tomorrow, and would like to just stay for a while... :)

Room Tip: I don't think there are bad room choices here. Everything appears to be up to date. Please know...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Andy-I am pleased to hear that our staff provided you with engaging, friendly, and helpful service while our guest. We appreciate getting our guests feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed our fresh modern design of the hotel as well as the 1808 Grille. Our 1808 chefs are committed to fresh seasonal farm-to-table cooking. I will pass your encouraging comments along to our staff at our weekly meeting.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to have you back with us soon!

General Manger
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I had a overnight business trip to Nashville. Arrived early and called to see if I could get early check in. Lindsay said we couldn't check in early. I had a meeting at 11am so I went to the hotel to see if I could drop my luggage. When we arrived Lindsay was EXTREMELY rude. She was unwilling to assit us with any of our needs. If I didn't have a meeting so early I would have changed the reservation to another hotel. She was so rude that two of the other desk agents came over to assit us and let us check in early. There are a lot of hotels in Nashville and at these prices the first impression shouldn't be so unwelcoming. After the encounter with Lindsay the rest of the staff was excellent.

GTNashville, Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Michelle-Thank you for talking the time to speak with me directly regarding your experience at the Hutton. As I said on phone we pride ourselves at having an outstanding facility in addition to a great team. It is very disappointing when we fall short of these goals. Please be assured we have looked at the issue you described and have taken appropriate actions to ensure this does not have again.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City.

Chad Armistead
Director of Operations
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

It was Vanderbilt move-in weekend, so very crowded. Due to this we didn't take advantage of the shuttle bus to downtown. It looked like it was going to take quite a while, so we just took a cab down and back, which was fine.

There is some construction going on in the area right now, but on a Friday evening and Saturday morning, noise was not an issue, which we wouldn't have expected. Not sure that would be the case during the week however.

The hotel itself was quite lovely. Modern decor, comfortable bed, huge shower, and really nice Molton Brown hand soap and shampoo offerings in the room. (We even bought some downstairs on the way out.) Excellent large flat screen. We didn't have time to check out any other hotel services. Self park was $22 a day I believe.

The bathroom sink is a one piece glass affair that at first glance seems really cool. However, it became the one gripe I have about the Hutton. The faucet spout ends too close to the edge of the sink. When you wash your hands, a lot of water splashes up onto top edge of the sink, or onto the backsplash (there for a reason in this case) and anything that you might have sitting there ends up soaked. It is so tight that a toothbrush placed under the water flow, unless you are really careful, frequently touches either the sink or the spout, neither of which is appealing. The spout simply needs to be about 2 inches longer.

The hotel was quiet and we enjoyed it a lot. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even considering what must have been a sold out weekend.

Room Tip: We were on a very high floor and had a nice view of the downtown area. View from lower floors will b...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Hutton. We appreciate getting our guests feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed the fresh modern design of the hotel as well as our comfortable beds. The Molton Brown bath products and our rainfall shower heads are always some of guest’s favorite amenities. We appreciate your for sharing your feedback regarding your bathroom. I will certainly bring this issue to our engineering department. I’m proud that the Hutton team was still able to provide you with friendly and helpful service even during the high volume time period as Vanderbilt Move-In weekend.

Thank you for visiting Nashville and we hope you come back soon!

Hutton Hotel

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!