“Very nice one night stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay More, Pay Less!
Ranked #10 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very nice one night stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

It was Vanderbilt move-in weekend, so very crowded. Due to this we didn't take advantage of the shuttle bus to downtown. It looked like it was going to take quite a while, so we just took a cab down and back, which was fine.

There is some construction going on in the area right now, but on a Friday evening and Saturday morning, noise was not an issue, which we wouldn't have expected. Not sure that would be the case during the week however.

The hotel itself was quite lovely. Modern decor, comfortable bed, huge shower, and really nice Molton Brown hand soap and shampoo offerings in the room. (We even bought some downstairs on the way out.) Excellent large flat screen. We didn't have time to check out any other hotel services. Self park was $22 a day I believe.

The bathroom sink is a one piece glass affair that at first glance seems really cool. However, it became the one gripe I have about the Hutton. The faucet spout ends too close to the edge of the sink. When you wash your hands, a lot of water splashes up onto top edge of the sink, or onto the backsplash (there for a reason in this case) and anything that you might have sitting there ends up soaked. It is so tight that a toothbrush placed under the water flow, unless you are really careful, frequently touches either the sink or the spout, neither of which is appealing. The spout simply needs to be about 2 inches longer.

The hotel was quiet and we enjoyed it a lot. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even considering what must have been a sold out weekend.

Room Tip: We were on a very high floor and had a nice view of the downtown area. View from lower floors will b...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Hutton. We appreciate getting our guests feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed the fresh modern design of the hotel as well as our comfortable beds. The Molton Brown bath products and our rainfall shower heads are always some of guest’s favorite amenities. We appreciate your for sharing your feedback regarding your bathroom. I will certainly bring this issue to our engineering department. I’m proud that the Hutton team was still able to provide you with friendly and helpful service even during the high volume time period as Vanderbilt Move-In weekend.

Thank you for visiting Nashville and we hope you come back soon!

Hutton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotel is a little bit out of the way from the downtown area. They do provide a free shuttle to get you where you need to go. But sometimes you have to wait a half hour or longer for a shuttle. There were times also where the wait was 5 minutes. Overall the hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and informative. Would not recommend this for families with kids. Only because there is no pool and my kids like to swim in hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you, Mary, for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. I’m thrilled to hear you utilized our complimentary shuttle service. I apologize for the delay as it in getting picked up as the shuttle service is on a first come first service basis. We appreciate your positive remarks regarding our rooms as well as out pleasant staff. I will share your comments with the Hutton team, who will I’m sure will be motivated.

Thank you for visiting Music City and for choosing the Hutton Hotel!

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Nice hotel, but it is a little bit out of the way from downtown. But they do have a free shuttle and the drivers are very nice and informative. Rooms are clean and spacious. Very modern. More of a boutique hotel experience. Not really for kids. Staff was very pleasant and accomadting.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. The complimentary first come first serve shuttle is a great amenity of the hotel. I’m glad you had a great experience with our shuttle driver and that he was very informative. We are very proud of our Hutton team and I’m pleased to hear they provided you with pleasant and accommodating service while our guest. I’m also glad you were able to enjoy our modern design and the spacious clean rooms.

We hope you will come back to stay with us in the future!

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Come for the terrific service and unique hotel experience! We were treated wonderfully by everyone. Exceptional free wine 5-6pm daily happy hour completes the stay. Only drawback was the excessive street noise. We put our fan on for the night to block the sound. One front desk employee even gave us her Emergency C packets for our daughter (since there is no gift shop). Great location. Great staff. Excellent bar, restaurant and wine selection. Prices are not excessive. We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton. I am thrilled the entire Hutton team provided you with terrific service! I’m glad to see that you enjoyed our complimentary wine hour! It’s always one of guest’s favorite amenities! I would like to apologize for the street noise you encountered while trying to sleep. Your positive comments regarding the 1808 Grille bar, restaurant, and wine selection will shared with our team.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you back with up on your next visit!

Denise Vandersall Hutton Hotel General Manager
Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Just a one night stay to party in Nashvegas. $10 can ride to the strip. Was pleased to see complimentary newspaper and Nesspresso. Staff goes out of their way to accommodate. Only criticism is the air unit is a bit noisy.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. I’m glad you enjoyed the complimentary newspapers as well as the Nesspresso machines on each floor. I would like apologize that your air unit was a bit noisy. Please feel free to personally contact my assistant, Bailey Magee, upon your next visit to make sure that you do not have any AC issues.
She can be contacted at: bmagee@huttonhotel.com

Thank you again and we look forward to having you back with us on your next trip Nashvegas!

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Spent a week for vacation to Nashville. Booked this hotel based on reviews alone. They were spot-on. This hotel did not disappoint. One additional item id like to note is that while making my reservation I must have mentioned it was my boyfriends birthday - Wouldn't you know they sent cupcakes to our room. That is amazing service. Wow. What fun. From the valet to the bartenders and service staff you will not be disappointed.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Allison-It sounds like you had a wonderful experience at the Hutton. Thank you for sharing that experience and I’m pleased our staff provided you with amazing service! I’m glad we were able to send your boyfriend cupcakes to celebrate his birthday. I hope you both enjoyed them and your stay with us! I will pass all of your positive comments along to the Hutton team.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Macungie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great hotel in Nashville., stayed while attending the ASAE show. I recommend highly if traveling to the area. Clean, upscale and the staff are A ++++. The restaurant I recommend as we'll. Breakfast was good and again the service was spot on!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. I’m glad to hear our staff provided you with exceptional spot on service! We are very proud of the Hutton team and the 1808 Grille. I will share your comments with them at our next staff meeting.

I hope you enjoyed visiting Nashville for the ASAE city wide conference and we hope you have you back to Music City soon!

General Manger

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!