“Tops My List” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Tops My List”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I travel a fair amount and stay in nice hotels and I must say that this Hutton Hotel offer some pretty special touches. The first pleasant surprise was the check in desk--not the usual formidable barricade, but rather an actual desk where you sat down and spoke with the staff member! This is really a symbol of what they are doing here. I was in town with a fairly large convention and bus loads of is would arrive and depart at the same time. One night we were greeted in the lobby with cupcakes; another night by wine poured on request by the staff. and I have not enjoyed turn down service in a long time. Nor can I remember the last time towels in the bathroom surpassed my personal threshold for being considered fluffy and luxurious. The rest of the bathroom was very thoughtfully designed, from the perfect wattage night light, to the way you were generously supplied with soap, shampoo and conditioner without the wasteful little plastic bottles, to the wow-factor shower 'stall'. I will certainly recommend this place to anyone who says they are heading to Nashville.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed the design of the property especially our inviting check in desks. I am pleased you enjoyed some of our special touches such as the turndown service, the Molton Brown bath products as well as the bath towels. We appreciate your feedback and will pass your positive comments along.

I hope you enjoyed visiting Nashville for the ASAE city wide conference and we hope you have you back to Music City soon!

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have traveled all over the world and have never had service like this before. They are so accommodating, pleasant, and eager to please. They don't have a pool but would build one if we asked. Such a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed August 2014
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Jessie- thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. I am thrilled to hear we were able to provide you with service unlike any before! We are very proud of our Hutton team and I’m pleased to hear that were able to accommodate all of your needs as well as always eager to help. I will certainly pass along your comments to them at our next all staff meeting.
We look forward to your next visit with us!!

Gulf of Papagayo, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We arrived last week on our first visit to Nashville, I would agree with a previous review it is a little bit away from Downtown ,but we did enjoy, Division bar scene only three blocks away. We thought the property was great very swank, and fresh from a remodel a few years back.
The issue we had with the Hutton was staff and either the complete lack of training or a lack of management. We arrived and the bell men watch as we exited our Uber car with 5 bags. They continued their discussion amongst themselves until my wife wheeled her bag all the way to the entry steps( a flight of 10 steps) at which time one said did you want some help. the other bellman jumped on his cell phone and headed over to talk to another staff smoking by the garage entrance. I waited a bit with the other three bags and watch the bell man take my wifes bags to check in and then take off to help another customer.
We checked in and where given a pet treat package and briefed on the pet friendly policy at the Hutton, we both looked at the desk person and said we have no pet.
Housekeeping typically cleaned our room between 4-6pm we had to track them down twice at 5 and ask if they could do the room after we had been out sight seeing all day.
We did drinks and apps at the bar one night 30 mins to get a crab cake and flat bread. Bar staff were engaged in a football football debate. We requested they check on our food which they promptly brought out cold. We told the bar tender who blamed it on the kitchen.
We took the lift twice with housekeeping group heading to or from break and listened to the challenges with work load and conditions. They were very negative and very chatty.
Conclusion is great Property with no management and staff that are running the Hotel and doing it poorly. I would head to the Omni and not let the Hutton put a bad taste in your Nashville experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My home is one hour east of Nashville. I was returning from a tri to Europe on the night that I planned to attend a concert in Nashville. The logical thing to do was stay in Nashville that night and return home the following day. My quest began to find a hotel near downtown and the Hutton came up in the search. Aware of the property but have never stayed there, I made the reservation.
From the initial contact with reservations, to check-in then breakfast and check out, the experience was over the top remarkable. The personality and gereral overall friendliness of the hotel staff was refreshing. The hotel was well appointed and I was offered an upgrade upon check-in. My room was 712 and it was wonderful. Located on the northwest corner of the hotel it was void of any street noise. Wonderful night of rest after a long travel day and night of music.
The restaurant located in the lobby floor was your best stop for the Sunday Breakfast. You will have trouble making a food decision and the prices were not excessive. I will stay again! Thanks Hutton Hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hutton. I hope you had a wonderful trip in Europe and I am pleased to hear we were able to continue your wonderful trip. We do pride ourselves at having a great friendly team and I’m glad to hear they provided you with remarkable service. I will certainly share your comments with them. I’m thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy breakfast in the 1808 Grille before heading home.

Thank you again and we hope to have you back as our guest soon!

Linlithgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The Hutton is a modern boutique hotel which sits in an area of Nashville currently undergoing a lot of building work. The hotel is perhaps a little far from the hub of the city, albeit there are courtesy buses which run into the club area. We walked one evening but it probably took around 40 mins and was across some pretty busy roads.

The service in the hotel was excellent until we locked our keys in our hire car and nobody seemed able to help. In fact, it was actually a waiter at breakfast who helped us the following day by mentioning that General Motors have a central system called On Star, which unlocks cars remotely. He got a big tip.

I would recommend the hotel but only if you are prepared to travel to eat or rely on buses and taxis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton hotel. I would like to apologize for the construction from our neighbors. All areas of Nashville are up and coming with new restaurants and businesses popping up everywhere! I’m happy to hear that an 1808 Grille serve was able to assist you with unlocking your car. I will bring it to the attention of our valet staff be more attentive to guests in needs in our next staff meeting.

Thank you for your feedback and we have you come back to Music City soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is an excellent choice for a stay in Nashville.
. The location is very convenient to all the local attractions. Rooms were clean and well maintained, the showers we're great. The entire staff we came in contact with was very professional and friendly. The only minor negative was they were remodeling the restaurant and we would have like to have tried a meal there. Overall though we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Hi Tim, Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton. Our central location is great for visiting countless of the local attractions. We do pride ourselves at having a great professional friendly team and I’m glad to hear our staff provided you with just that! I would like to apologize that we were installing the new refurbished hardwood floors in the 1808 Grille while you were our guest. We had originally planned for the new flooring instillation to occur on July 2nd-4th however due to renovation hick ups we had to push it back to the following issue. We apologize for this deeply and I would love talk to you personally speak with regarding this. Below you will find my contact information. (615.712.2300 or dvandersall@huttonhotel.com)

Thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived and we were given a complimentary drink in the bar. The room was very nice and clean. I loved the electronic shower controls and the glass vanity in the bathroom. Our room had a good view, don't know for how long, there was construction next door. The on site restaurant, 1808 Grille was very good also. We dined there for dinner and then brunch the next day. The check-in/check-out process went very quickly and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance to the Bridgestone Arena (about a mile away). I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. I would like to apologize for the delay in your check in process but I am glad that you were able to enjoy a complimentary drink on us. The digital thermostat is a special relaxing touch in all of our King Suites. The 1808 Grille has delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I will pass your positive comments along to our team of chefs.

Thank you again and we hope you have stay with us again soon!
Hutton Hotel

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!