“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is my favorite Hotel in Nashville! The customer service is exceptional! Everything from valet to check-in to room service is first rate! Room Service is prompt and delicious! The rooms are very clean and well maintained. I always love coming to The Hutton and know my stay will be wonderful!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback. I will pass your uplifting comments along to the Hutton team especially the in room dining staff and the housekeeping department. I’m glad we were able to provide you with another memorable experience.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I spend over 150 nights a year in hotels because of my job, so I have a fairly good idea about hotels across the US. The Hutton was one of the worst experiences I've had in a long, long time. My room smelt like human urine and I woke up to the noise of bulldozers outside my window. Terrible.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Steve H
GTNashville, Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I would like to apologize for the issue you encountered while our guest. We pride ourselves in having a great hotel with wonderful amenities and it is very disappointing when we have fallen so short of these goals. Please be assured we are taking appropriate action to address the issue you mentioned.

I would appreciate an opportunity to further discuss your stay. We would like the opportunity to make this right with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at carmistead@huttonhotel.com or (615) 712.2313

Chad Armistead
Director of Operations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The service at this hotel is impeccable. There's a Nespresso machine in each hall, they turn down your sheets and leave a local candy each night, and provide a wine and cheese night in the lobby on weeknights. One of the best perks is the free shuttle to downtown. We had a car, but found the shuttle to be more convenient. We never had to wait long for it. The beds are also extremely comfortable. We found it hard to return to our bed at home. The rain shower is also wonderful. Wish there was a Hutton hotel were ever I travel. Only con is that they charge $22 for parking, so I suggest either not getting a car or finding street parking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for the review and glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We do pride ourselves at having a great friendly team at the Hutton and I will certainly share your comments with them. They greatly appreciate hearing from guests who enjoyed their stay. I’m glad you were able to enjoy some of our amenities including the Nespresso machines, local turn down chocolates, and our shuttle.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hutton. Close to Vanderbilt campus but also pretty close to downtown - we took a cab for less than $10 but they have a hotel shuttle if you aren't in a hurry. It is obviously designed with the environment in mind but also the guests' comfort. The staff is wonderful, friendly and helpful. The bar/restaurant is nice but also the grab and go breakfast bar is delicious (almond milk lattes were fabulous) and has lots of options. I highly recommend for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Robin D
Thank you for taking the time to share your review! Our central location is great for visiting Vanderbilt among other great areas of Nashville. I’m glad you had a great experience dining in the 1808 Grille as well as the almond milk lattes from the Java Bar. I will pass your comments along to our chef!

Thank you for visiting Music City and we hope you will come back soon!

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We live in Nashville but chose to stay at the Hutton for the night as we were attending on Saturday, July 12. We were placed in a double by mistake and our bellman was spectacular! (sorry that I can't recall his name) He immediately called downstairs from the room, waited with us, then moved all of our luggage to our new king room on the 10th floor and retrieved our ice. He was very personable and very professional! All of the staff were wonderful, friendly and professional!
After returning from the wedding Saturday night we decided to have room service deliver us breakfast the following morning by placing the request on our door knob. The next morning breakfast was delivered right on time. Unfortunately, while we were eating the pastries I noticed that the center of the danish was molded!!! I'm quite the foodie so this did not sit well with me. We called room service and reported the problem and my husband requested that the breakfast be taken off of our bill.
While in the shower after breakfast I noticed that there was quite a lot of mold all along the top trim and that the light fixtures rounds above the sink was also very rusty. (The shower heads are amazing as is the spacious shower! ) Seemed that these could be easily fixed as well. Upon our departure the new bellman was wonderful and the front desk clerk apologized as did the manager for the molded Danish. We didn't have a chance to mention the other things we noticed. Overall wonderful experience and great service!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank Lovesgreatfood_9
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. We love having locals stay with us for a nice get away. I’m glad our bellman was able to take such great care of you in your room change. We do pride ourselves at having a friendly yet professional team at the Hutton and are very proud they provided you with great service. I would like to apologize for the issues with your room service and shower. We have addressed these issues with our Food and Beverage as well as our Housekeeping team. We appreciate taking time to let us know about your stay.

ATL, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I recently attended a wedding reception held on 6th floor. As we arrived at the hotel, the valet parkers provided wonderful service and the ballroom was beautiful. With more than 250 guests, the servers did the best they could - not sure who designed the layout of where to place buffet line (staff or the wedding coordinator) but it was awkward and took more than two hrs for everyone to manuever through tables to get a plate. Impressed with hotel but not the menu/food.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am thrilled that you received wonderful service from our valet team upon your arrived to the hotel. I would like to apologize for the delay in being served while attending the wedding reception. I have passed this information along to our Director of Events. This is certainly not acceptable and we are taking the appropriate actions to ensure this does not occur in the future.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you stay with us in the future!

Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

It is a great hotel. From the moment you step into the lobby, you get a sense that it is a very nice hotel. The lobby is very modern and beautiful. You receive personable attention from the time of check-in. We were surprised to be given a lovely penthouse room.

Room Tip: Request a penthouse room.