“At Home In Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Biloxi, Mississippi
“At Home In Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

If there is one thing I know, it's service. I own a business that is in the service industry, and I always strive to deliver the best to my clients. I booked the Hutton because it was close to the Ryman and other attractions downtown. However, it ended up being one of the best experiences we have ever had with a hotel or business, ever! From the moment my daughter and I arrived, we were treated really well. My daughter rated the hotel as her favorite part of the trip! I was a little apprehensive after reading the comments about the construction noises, but they were not a problem at all. Our room was immaculate, as was all other areas of the hotel. The restaurant was delicious, and the food was very fresh. I pride myself as being somewhat of a scallop snob, as I grew up going to Cape Cod in the summers, and loved eating the fresh scallops prepared by my grandmother. Order the scallops! They were perfect! However, even if the restaurant has no availabilities, the staff will point you in the right direction of other great restaurants nearby. ALL of the staff that I encountered, were helpful, friendly and quick to accommodate. It was a pleasure to meet you all! We will definitely stay here again when in Nashville, and have recommended the Hutton to other friends who will be traveling to the city. After all, it seems to be the place to stay, and you never know who you might see there too. For instance, a former U.S. President, who just happened to make the day for my daughter by stopping to chat with her!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GTNashville, Rooms Director-GT at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
We were pleased to hear that you and your daughter had a memorable experience at the Hutton hotel. Your comments regarding the scallops will be shared with the 1808 Grille and the rest of the Hutton staff.

We look forward to your return visit.

1,002 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed at the Hutton for a girls' trip. Rooms were not ready for check in for hours after the official check in time. Manager was not helpful or particularly pleasant to deal with. Rooms are small and dated. Staff was peppy but not really helpful. Hutton needs a tutorial in customer service!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I apologize for the delay in the check in process. We were trying to assign several groups of people together so it did limit the availability. This is not a normal occurrence and we can assure you that it will not happen again.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our daughter goes to school in Nashville, and so we have been frequenting this hotel for years. It has been a favorite of ours. We have noticed some comments about the frosted glass in the shower…which we have come to know well. This time, however, we had a room on the sixth floor which did not have the frosted glass, but had a tiled shower with a regular wall on the other side by the bed. Alas, I have to say, this was a huge problem for me because the shower was moldy, smelled moldy, and had what looked to be mold stains on the lightish colored tile. I would have preferred the former. It was really gross, and I had trouble showering in there. The rest of the room was fine. I don't know what the difference is, but that shower definitely needs to be retiled. For the money, I do expect an updated shower. The rest of the hotel is nice, and the service very good. I just have to downgrade it a bit because of the shower. I am going to begin my search for newer hotels in the area…

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Please except out sincerest apologizes. We have addressed the issue with our Housekeeping Department. Rooms are available without the frosted glass and can be requested at the point of reservation.

Thank you for your feedback with it we will improve your experience.

Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

The Hutton was a nice hotel, but definitely had some flaws. We didn't hear any noise from the street, but inside the hotel was another story. You can literally hear people talking in their rooms at a normal volume. We heard a couple above us the first night and on the second night,security came to our room twice because of a noise complaint and we were not being loud at all. It was disappointing and frustrating, "loud guests" are not the problem, it's the hotel.

Also, I saw it mentioned in other reviews, but we also had a suite and found it to be very small and also had issues with the room keys. I would say you had to try the key at least 5 times before accessing your room.

Overall, a nice hotel, and the staff was wonderful, welcoming and helpful, but there were just too many flaws for the price.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
We are extremely sorry that you were disturbed due to noise from other guests. This is a highly unusual comment as the Hotel was built with extensive soundproofing. If you wouldn't mind emailing us your room number, I will check personally to see if there is an aberration.

reservations@huttonhotel.com
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were there for one night so do not have extensive experience with this hotel. Check-in was fast and early (noonish) and there are plenty of uniformed staff both inside and outside to help with luggage, parking, and pretty much anything. Bring some bills for tips!

There's a courtesy van that acts like a taxi - tell them where you want to go and then call for a pickup (within 3 miles, which covers most tourist areas). That's free but tips expected.

The room was small and narrow but the bathroom was decent size. Shower stall but no tub, and no individual bottles of shampoo. As in European hotels, there was liquid soap and shampoo and conditioner in wall-mounted plastic bottles. The sink had hand soap in a bottle but two small round pucks of soap (and one small lotion bottle). The sink was unusual - clear Lucite that gives you a nice view of the plumbing underneath. Towels were large and soft.

The mattress was soft and I thought the bedding was a little thick and heavy. TV was large and worked well (with a TV speaker mounted in the bathroom so you can hear but not see the program).

Flaws? Yes. There was a woman's dress shoe in our room left over that we carried downstairs and gave to the desk staff (with a look of surprise - guess they don't get that too often!). In the morning we tried to make coffee and all the materials were there except cups or mugs. We had to call down and it took a long time for someone to bring up some paper cups. The keycard did not work after a few times. There's a pane of frosted glass between the shower and bed so that if one person has the light on, the bed is also illuminated. So if you're sensitive to bright light while sleeping, maybe tell your partner to shower in the dark? I was in a Vegas hotel once that featured a window between the bathroom/shower and room - kind of a silly design. Also, the bathroom door was a sliding pocket-type and the latch to lock it was very tiny. People with large fingers or arthritis might not be able to grasp the small latch to turn it.

Parking is either valet or self- with a short walkway on the 2nd floor. Meeting space on the 6th floor was fine.

This could have been a 5-star review but the service flaws (room not cleaned thoroughly, no cups) knock it down a notch.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We were pleased to see that there were several positives during your stay. On the other hand, please accept our apologies for missing the shoe left in the closet. As you noted by our staff's reaction, I don't think this has previously occurred and certainly will not again. Not stocking the coffee cups is also totally unacceptable and I will review both items with housekeeping team.
We look forward to your return visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

From the moment we arrived, we knew we were in a special place. Instead of the traditional bank-tellerish check in counter, the Hutton provides seats for the travellers and a check in staff at low desks. We were fortunate to arrive right in the middle of the daily wine hour, where guests are treated to complimentary generous pours of wine.

Staff is really upbeat and friendly.

Every floor has its own Nespresso machine.

Bed super comfortable, bathroom well appointed.

Only have three quibbles, neither of which is enough to lower my rating of "excellent." One is that there is very little storage pace. In a room with a queen bed, there are only two useable drawers and a little bit of cabinet space on top of that. The dresser is large enough to accommodate more guest storage, but too much that space is taken up by a honor bar and a safe. The closet is also small, so we are having trouble juggling our stuff for a three day stay (and we only brought three small suitcases).

A second is that sound travels much too well from the corridor. Noisy guests returning at 2:30 a.m. woke me up, and I'm a sound sleeper.

Finally, there is a frosty glass divider from the shower/bathroom to the sleeping area. When someone turns on the lights in the bathroom at night, it is quite bright in the sleeping area--again, enough to wake up someone sleeping right next to it. If you're staying here, encourage your partner to let the nightlight in the bathroom to be sufficient lighting.

In a hotel with other issues, the quibbles would lower my rating. But this place is otherwise extraordinary and well worth you choosing it.

Room Tip: Ask for room as far from elevator as possible, to minimize late-night noise from loud returning gues...