“fancy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Spottsville, Kentucky, United States
“fancy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This stay was for our anniverary and it was nice.Parking cost money,but it sure was nice I loved the shower it was a rain shower didnt care for the see threw glass.The bed was nice but room was small and it had a snack bar and that was expensive.They had a restaurant on site,but we went to a steakhouse.the service was good but they was very busy.We didnt stay long due to a doctor appt.The staff did print out a map of different attraction.

Room Tip: parking was crazy and back-up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed 2 nights at the Hutton Hotel in April 2013 for the St. Jude Country Music Marathon. We picked it mostly because of it’s location to the starting line and high reviews / ranking on Trip Advisor.

The outside of the hotel is nothing to write home about – in fact it is pretty non-descript. Actually it does not fit the image of the hotel at all (once inside it is like a boutique hotel vibe). But, the cool thing is you can see the hotel when driving down Broadway / West End Avenue from Downtown Nashville – HUTTON is lit up on the tallest building in the immediate area. The location of the hotel I thought was awesome. I did not want to say downtown or on Music Row, I wanted to be near the starting line of the marathon and in a less ‘crazy’ area. Some people complain about the location, but I think that is still very close to downtown (like 13 blocks) and there are lots of good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (Hattie B’s, The Tavern Midtown, Amerigo, and more). In fact, except for one meal, we walked to each restaurant from our hotel. Plenty of good eats in the immediate area! If you are concerned about going downtown - there is a shuttle which will take you downtown. We did not use this service as we had our own car and just drove as it was not far and we could find cheap parking.

From check in to check out – the service at this hotel was excellent. I have not once single complaint in that department and thank everyone at the hotel for providing such great customer service. As the marathon is a big draw in the area, the hotel even operated special hours for their room service, restaurant, and market place. Very much appreciated – especially when I am tired at 5 in the morning and need something on the go! The room itself was nice. Clean modern design, well-kept and cared for. The bathroom was pretty cool and modern – we loved the large walk in shower and the fact that there were speakers in the bathroom so you can hear what is on TV playing in the main room. Nice touch.

I did see the construction people are complaining about from our room, but I guess as it was the weekend, I did not hear it. Based on my experience, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone considering staying in the area. If you want to stumble to and from bars on Music row – this might not be the spot for you as it would be too far walk. But if you want to be close to action but a bit removed – I could not recommend this hotel enough. Nicely appointed, clean rooms, surrounded by YUMMY restaurants, and a super friendly staff – what is not to like? Give the Hutton Hotel a chance!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing downtown - some complain of construction noise but I did not have that p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Hutton Hotel was a great location for my first visit to Nashville. Location is a short cab ride or good walk (roughly 2 miles, up hill on the return) from Downtown and all its country music fun. Very convenient to hipper, more chilled-out midtown scene, including several bars and some great local favorites for food - Hattie B's being a must visit for Hot Chicken. Room was pleasant, reasonable size with good amenities and a great bed. Technology a little underwhelming, particularly music device connectivity. Service was outstanding, friendly and attentive. An expensive place in all, but probably worth the price. Visited for CMA Music Fest 2013 with my wife.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This small hotel was nicely appointed with a very helpful and friendly staff. It was clean and modern and I didn't even mind the all the "green" hype. Our room was cleaned every morning and tidied every evening with turn down service. The room service breakfast was tasty and the bar and restaurant were very good with interesting field to table foods. One of my favorite things was the shuttle that would bring you any where you wanted to go and pick you up. The only complaint I would have is the business service area. It is not private or comfortable. Outside of that, the 4 days we stayed were a wonderful experience, and I would love to go back any time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My daughter and I were there for the CMA fan fest and the hotel was sold out. Nonetheless the staff was super. Each staff member was engaging , friendly and helpful. We own hotels as well and we strive to have our staff do as well as these folks.. Great job! We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2013
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at The Hutton 3 nights. The service was terrible, we arrived by car and decided to self park, and had no help at all offered with our bags. We struggled for a time, until I decided "no more" and went to the front desk to ask for assistance. Eventually Bell staff arrived to assist, apologising and explained that the Bell and Valet service is operated by a separate company. So it appears that the hotel outsources this service, and the men providing the service clearly decided that the fee for valet parking, was more attractive than a bag handling tip. The Hotel did recognise the error and offered an apology. I would not stay at this hotel again, I suspect that the housekeeping was also outsourced. The amenities were very good, modern tasteful decor and an excellent restaurant, but the hotel is a considerable distance from anything interesting and the service problems are significant. I suggest looking at the Hilton as it is close to restaurants and music, but down a side street, giving distance from the noise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We spent three nights in this wonderful hotel. It's off the beaten track of downtown, but convenient to lots of good eats. We walked to breakfast at Noshville and Hattie B's is a block away. We had breakfast at the hotel, too, which was great.
The staff of the Hutton is truly excellent. Everyone we encountered made us feel like we were the most important guests there. I had reserved two rooms, as we were travelling with another couple. They got there before we did, and when we arrived, we were upgraded to a suite without even asking for it! Loved the beautiful glass sinks in the bathroom, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!