“Staff is great, General Manager and Accounting Department NOT SO MUCH!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hutton Hotel

You added Hutton Hotel to your Saves list
Hutton Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1808 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Atlanta, GA
“Staff is great, General Manager and Accounting Department NOT SO MUCH!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for three days and I have to say first and foremost, that the entire staff; valet, front desk, bellhops, and coffee shop are the most courteous and professional individuals. The rooms are spacious and clean; housekeeping does a great job. The rooms are eco-friendly meaning you need to keep the room key in a slot by the door in order to turn on lights. In my opinion, this can be annoying at times unless you requested two keys at check in.

A red flag arose the day before I was to check in from the Accounting Department called and indicated that the online reservation system does not always retain the full credit card number and since I was staying marathon weekend, the hotel will charge one night's stay. The employee requested I give her my credit card number over the phone and reluctantly I did so.

I requested a copy of bill at check out and thought everything was fine. Unfortunately, I checked my credit card statement a few days later and found that two charges were imposed and an extra $300 charge was assessed. After speaking to the Accounting Department, I was told that my credit card was charged for one night's stay OF ANOTHER GUEST! I requested to speak to the General Manager (Steven) and he certainly did not display the, shall we say, Southern hospitality in our conversation. He advised me that the person that called me the day before and requested my credit card number was disclipined. Huh? Management 101 would say the buck stops with you as GM and to not throw your employees under the bus. Secondly, he was at a loss to explain why someone else's room charges were put on my card. Lastly, I requested a receipt reflecting the credit card reversal emailed to me. Nice to see that they emailed me the bill of the person who my card was charged so now I have his name and address information!

I will say that the back office personnel, including the GM should probably allow his front line staff to train them on what true customer service is all about.

For those that do book here, check your credit card statements a few days after you check out!

Unfortunately I will not stay here again. Too many options in Nashville to deal with this nonsense again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
houston, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here a couple times recently, and it has become our favorite hotel in Nashville. On one visit our suite was complimentary upgraded to a fabo penthouse suite at no extra charge. The staff are very accommodating, the restaurant is really good, room service breakfasrt is delicious, and while I rarely eat potatoes, the breakfast potatoes are worth the calories, brown, crispy, yumm. So far each of our rooms has been quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the staff is great. The rooms are a little tight but still OK. The bed was comfortable and the large TV offered lots of channels. The desk had lots of space to work. The bathroom was very nice and fairly spacious. The shower was excellent with a large rain head and a large frosted glass window. The air conditioner worked great and kept the room comfortable. The hotel is located a bit of a ways away from the bars on Broadway in downtown Nashville, but there are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area of the hotel too. The hotel does offer shuttle rides to the downtown area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First stay with Hutton Hotel in Nashville, was there for my first Rock and Roll Marathon and was very happy with our stay. The room was ready ahead of time, great bed/shower was amazing.
Bar/restaurant was fun and food and drink very good. I'd say the best part about this stay was the staff, so friendly and were willing to go out of there way, to make sure we were happy. Would stay again, and will recommend as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at the Hutton for a weekend getaway from Southern California. We stayed at the hotel for three nights. The hotel was having their nightly wine hour when we arrived (complimentary wine Monday through Friday). The hotel is centrally located, but if you were to go out of walking distance, there is a nice house car that will take you to your location. The house car was available for us every time we called. The concierge, Laura, was amazing. She took so much time with us to recommend restaurants, activities, etc. The rooms are nice, but on the smaller side. Although the rooms are smaller, the bathrooms are a great size and very well done, including a great rain shower. I would not hesitate to stay at the Hutton again. Great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The shower leaked at 3am- It took me 20 minutes to solve it. CBS was not available on TV-all other stations were ok. The shower controls are outside the shower and behind the door to the shower. This is very inconvenient.Not granted it is a cool and fancy shower with an overhead Kohler square head.

I had to wait 5 minutes to check in while the check in person was on the phone. I had a 3 hour layover and hated to wait while she was helping a guest with something that seemed trivial vs my arrival.

Glass shards on the 12 floor landing by elevator. I was greeted as welcome back but it was my first stay. I was not informed of my Leaders club free dining. When i brought this up i had to ask for them to comp my in room dining lunch--which they did.

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms luxurious. There is a construction project right next door whihc di dnot disturb us but we were there on a weekend so be forewarned.

Self park is $22/day i think and valet is $26.

The room service was good and food excellent.

Most all of the staff were very nice and hellpful

Room Tip: Room on south side will avoid construction