“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Caeur D Alene
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I've been in many hotels. I travel to 3 or 4 cities per week. Things happen and while staying at the Hutton Hotel in Nashville there was an issue with my bathroom. I heard a leak. Called the front desk and the person on the other side seemed truly concerned about my situation. It as 1130 pm. I hung up and thought I would wait long. It was not more than 2 minutes when the maintenance gentleman was there. He assessed the situation. It could not be fixed. Within 5 minutes I had a new room and even the night manager came up to offer assistance to move my things.
I was impressed by the friendliness, the prompt response and the attention I received.

Excellent place to stay in Nashville. Close to the party scene. Great service. Very nice modern rooms. Restaurant service was excellent. Great menu and great mood.

I recommend the Hutton and would want to stay here every time that I'm in town.

Jaime Upegui MD

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Hutton is definitely a class act. Service, rooms, etc. are top notch.The 1808 Grille food is FABULOUS! The only negatives, slight as they may be, is that for this type of price and hotel, you would think there would be some sort of service elevator. You kind of have to 'fight' for room with roll away beds, food service carts, staff, etc. Also, the lack of business center was interesting. Two computers with no chairs in the lobby is all they have. I just expected more in that regard from such a high-class hotel. The showers are awesome and love that they provide you will full-size toiletries! Would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lakeland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We live in Memphis and traveled to Nashville to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We had a suite with a connecting bedroom attached to it and we were very happy with the space. The service was really on point, and there was a lot of attention to detail. It was great not to have to leave Tennessee to find a great hotel, and we will certainly be back. We did bring our daughter who is only a toddler and despite it not being a kid-oriented hotel, they were very friendly and helpful with her particular needs, making it an enjoyable weekend for us all.

I only wish they had a pool! Since that is my only complaint, you can be sure we enjoyed our time immensely!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed our suite, which was on a corner, and we had a single guest room adjoined to it so...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Hutton five separate times in the last 8 months, and we wouldn't book anywhere else in Nashville. The rooms are spotless, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location fantastic. Plus they leave you the yummiest chocolate treats each night, offer free bottles of water in the lobby and gym and have a great restaurant and bar. For those looking to be walkable to downtown, the hotel is a bit far (maybe a mile or a mile and a half), but it makes up for it with its convenience to 12 South, Hillsboro and the Vandy and Belmont campuses. It's also walking distance to hotspots like Patterson House.

(Caveat to this review: If you like really giant hotel rooms, you might find the rooms here a bit tight. We've never felt crowded, but we also live in New York City so might have a different frame of reference.)

Room Tip: If you ask, the cleaning staff will leave you a few extra chocolate treats to take home with you. Y...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marion, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the moment I pulled in to the hotel, I was treated with first class service. The valet/parking was a tremndous help. I was horribly sick with a sinus infection, as soon as I arrived I needed hot tea. They brought it up to my room immediately with no charge. The entire staff was professional and kind. My room was absolutely gorgeous and the staff came back in later that evening to service my room. Leaving chocolates, drinks and making sure I was comfortable. The best experience at a hotel by far. 100% Class & Service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We can't say enough good things about the Hutton. We had our wedding there this past weekend, and the staff was terrific. They knew exactly what was happening and when, and very accommodating to all of our needs.

We were married in one of the meeting rooms on the 6th floor which they transformed into a beautiful ceremony room for us. We decided not to get covers for the chairs, but you may want too because they do have that business conference look to them, but that was a minor detail. They had all the equipment for lighting, tables, and every little detail. The AV people set everything up great and it all worked perfectly. The food in the 1808 Grille, that is were we had our reception, was terrific. I wish they would have closed the bar section because hotel guests were allowed in there, but we didn't notice them at all the room divider blocked the noise off so we couldn't hear or see them - again another minor detail. If we asked them too they would have, but we just didn't think to ask.

All of our guests loved their rooms, the room are terrific. Guest services were very quick and polite with room service. The rooms were clean, smelt great, and very cozy. The valet staff was polite and professional. The bell man service was speedy and polite...again the staff were on their game. They were polite, personable, and treated everyone great. The shuttle service took care of our guests just fine, and were very helpful in terms of recommending places to eat and things to do with our out of town guests. Each floor has its own expresso machine in addition to coffee and tea makers in the room. The hotel has a very nice fitness room, but no pool. That would be the only other draw back was no pool. Since it was our wedding weekend sort of a non factoring because swimming wasn't on our list of things we needed to do, but for others it may be. No hot tubs either, and rooms are showers only. However, the showers have steamers/sauna set up (in the penthouse) and the fixture is centered in the ceiling for a waterfall type shower...very relaxing and nice.

We had our dogs in the ceremony, and they are terrific about animals. The one negative feedback when it comes to pets is there really isn't a lot of places to take the dogs potty. However, keep in mind we are in downtown Nashville so not a lot of places wherever you go. We did find a large grassy area across the street that worked just fine, but nothing good on the hotel grounds.

Overall the Hutton was a great place to stay, eat, and enjoy. The staff really blew us away and did such a terrific job, and they knew us all by name...all of this at affordable prices and a hotel that is one of the most "green" hotels in Tennessee.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the outside of the hotel fool you. I was very skeptical as we pulled up to valet our car, but the service in this boutique hotel is wonderful. From the bellman to the maid service, we were very impressed with the attention to detail. Patrick and Thomas, the concierge, lined up fabulous dinners for us! We had 2 rooms, a king suite and a deluxe queen room. The rooms were simple, clean and comfortable. Our favorite part was the heavenly rain shower head! The only downside for us was the distance to downtown. We would have preferred to be within walking distance, but many of those hotels were booked. Overall, very pleased with Hutton Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!