“Surprisingly Modern” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Portland, Oregon
“Surprisingly Modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Hutton Hotel for 4 days this past July and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms were stylish and comfortable. I booked a Deluxe 2 Queen room and was impressed by the size and layout. The bathroom was modern and clean and I loved the toiletries. I booked this hotel in part because they considered sustainability and conservation in the design and operation of the property. In their effort to be "green" they have installed low-energy EcoDisc elevators use biodegradable cleaning products and bamboo flooring and furnishings. They even used reclaimed wood in the design of their wonderful restaurant 1808 Grill. The one down side of sustainability is you don't get a pool area which would have been quite welcome since it was 100 degrees everyday I was there. All in all I highly recommend the Hutton for eco-concious stylish travelers who enjoy good design and functional elegance. The property is situated just outside the main downtown area but they have a courtesy vehicle that will drop you off anywhere within a 5 mile radius and will arrange your prompt pick-up as well. A+

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown Nashville for stunning views and try to book a higher floor for a muc...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My future husband chose this hotel for our first weekend trip together. This was a dream come true for me. I told him I would like a view just like the one we shared during our stay. Service at reservation was excellent with the exception that I wasn't told this was a handicapped access room. But, regardless the room was perfect and beautiful. Thank you

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Came across Hutton Hotel through a flash sale on jetsetter, and I'm glad we did. (Value rating below is based on the full rate, not what we paid, which was definitely a 5+ value.) The hotel staff is exceptionally friendly, accommodating and professional. Our room was comfortable and chic - a rare blend of warmth and modern style, and included Molton Brown bath products. Although the hotel is about 1 mile from downtown, there aren't many better options. Plus, the hotel provides free shuttle service that makes getting downtown easy, even if you need to take a $6 cab ride back late night. Overall, a lot of little luxuries and an attentive staff made our stay top notch. I would definitely stay here again.

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here last weekend and had a wonderful time. The staff was always very helpful and friendly. They had great suggestions of what to do and where to eat. 1808 (in the hotel) was a wonderful place to eat. Loved the coffee bars on each floor and the breakfast sandwichs each morning.
The room did get hot at night no matter what temp we set it to. Also loved the courtesy car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our stay was an excellent experience. The staff was friendly and attentive, and the facilities are first rate. Nice views of downtown Nashville skyline and close to Vanderbilt University Campus. Unfortunately a bit far to walk to downtown Nashville.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

From the moment of checking in to leaving 3 days later the hotel teams work hard to make your stay easy, flexible,comfortable and welcoming. The hotel is about 12 blocks from Downtown and first impressions of the area can be a little off putting. However once we pulled in our car the valet team and bell boys let you know you have chosen the correct hotel. The hotel is bustling but the valet team move efficiently to relieve you of the car passing you to the equally efficient reception team. We had a corner suite and although not large it is very comfortable. One small downside is that hanging and cupboards for clothing is limited. We are not light travellers and this can often be a problem. A complimentary bottle of cava was sent to our room acknowledging my wife's birthday. Other points worth noting are - fabulous electronic shower, restaurant 1808 is very good( see my review). Other than one of the concierge team ( he was more interested in chatting to a mate lounging at the desk) all staff first class. The gym is not well sited - no windows and poor air con - and equipment limited. If you want to star spot quite a few musicians obviously stay at the hotel - Katherine Jenkins was there for example.

Adger, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Hutton Hotel numerous times, and each time is better than the last! Service is wonderful, everyone is all about assisting you with your needs. We arrived with ALOT of luggage,and the bellman was terrific, giving us all the time in the world to grab everything. They were never hurried, always polite, and so friendly. A couple of years ago I was in an accident and broke my arm and foot, and I had to stay a couple of days longer than expected. The staff found me a wheelchair, made sure I was comfortable, even calling the room numerous times to check on me. The room service is lovely, with lovely settings, and never too long! Coffee in the AM is important! Hot, delicious, and plenty of it. I love the eco friendly approach to the rooms, and the only wish is that the air could be a bit cooler, but it would not distract me from staying there again. I highly recommend the Hutton Hotel if you have a chance to visit Nashville's West End.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floored room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!