“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Did you say complementary wine hour? Sold.

Loved the Hutton. Staff was excellent- valet, bellhops, check in receptionist, housekeeping, and the lovely gentleman serving me my complementary wine. This is a green hotel and I loved the effort. I even noticed that all the wood throughout the hotel is bamboo. (Hey, I just put bamboo floors in my home!)

Rooms were nicely appointed. Cozy bathrobes and slippers were waiting for us, enjoyed the turndown service, and I loved the rain shower head in the bathroom (thank you Hutton, my husband would like to remodel our newly remodeled bathroom so he can install one.) I slept pretty comfortably here as well.

My only gripe- at $300/night the room is on the small side. We stayed in a King Deluxe room.

They have a spa which I didn't utilize, but I did work out in the fitness center once. It's pretty small, but it does the trick. Just go when it's empty. I took advantage of the Nespresso machines for a quick pick me up before our night on the town. Oh! They also have complementary shuttle service within a 3 mile (I think) radius.

Thanks Hutton, I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Kudos to the Hutton Hotel for providing beautiful rooms and fantastic service. I stayed in a King Suite and found it to be a perfect combination of style and comfort. I loved the decor and especially the double glass sinktop in the spacious bathroom. It gave so much more room for all our toiletries. I am usually a bathtub person but the shower was so relaxing, I didn't even miss the tub.
The location is great, close to the freeway, downtown and lots of great restaurants.
I didn't get a chance to dine at the in house 1808 Grillle but did have a couple of drinks at the bar. The bartender's service was very friendly and attentive.
This hotel is well worth the money and I would definitely return on my next visit to Nashville.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cold Spring, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I checked into the Hutton hotel on 10/22 to attend a tradeshow that I have attended for the past 3 years. On Sunday, I received a call that my mother had passed away. I told the front desk that I would have to depart earlier and get home to take care of business. They sent a beautiful card up to my room along with a bottle of wine and a tray prepared by the chef. I had already got to know
Greg in the bar/restaurant area and he actually hugged me before I left and wished me well. Kevin was also wonderful at the front desk. I have been in the hospitality business for 38 years and I know exceptional service when I see it.
As far as I am concerned, no one is even close to matching the staff and service of the Hutton Hotel. This hotel and their staff will always have a place in my heart. It's a shame they I can't give them a 10 star rating. Whenever I am in Nashville - even though I could stay free at one of our hotels, I will stay at the Hutton. Thanks for all of your kindness when I needed it the most.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The Hutton is easily one of the most beautiful hotels we have ever stayed at... GORGEOUS lobby/entrance with one-of-a-kind sculpture and modern furniture. Rooms are gorgeous, with floor to ceiling windows, over looking the city. But the BEST part? The rain-head shower... UNBELIEVABLE!! There is a very well appointed bar/restaurant and one of my favorite parts is the local artwork on display in the huge, open lobby. Gorgeous property. The only drawback is the cost of parking. Valet and self-parking were both pricey ($25 and $17+ per day, respectively). You will either need a rental car or cabs if you stay here; it's not very close to anything BUT still worth the stay!
TIP: Take the short 2 hr drive to Memphis, to dine on Beall Street, and to see Graceland. Totally worth it! LOVED The Hutton!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We chose this hotel for location, quality reputation and reasonable price (260.00 nightly- not bad for location and quality). Another nice touch was the hotel's extensive recycling and 'green' programs. We rented a king suite to accomodate my wife and myself and our teenage son.

Unfortunately neither service nor the green aspects of the hotel were as expected or promoted. We arrived well after the time for check-in but our room was not ready. A promised compensation of some udnefined type never materialized. Bedding had been requested for the sofa bed in the living area as part of teh reservation. It was not there, and was not delivered even after a request at the desk. it was ultimately delivered at 10:00 PM. An error was made on the bill charging us for two nights of aprking rather than one.

The green programs were one of the bigger disappointments. There is indeed extensive use of recycled materials in the lobby and restaurant area. There are also low flow toilets and showers, and recycled flooring materials. On the other hand, the cost of all this equipment was staggering- the toilet and shower system used, based on pricing at a retail elvel, was about 5,000.00 per bath. Beautiful details in sinks and cabinets were lost in limited functionality- splash problems and staining. The elevators, designed to accomodate the blind with a voice announcing each floor and what the doors were doing (opening, closing) was annoying to the point of repeated joking by guests and staff alike.

The restaurant served a very competent breakfast at typical hotel prices. Nothing seemed very ecological. There is no farm-to-table participation.

All in all, a nice hotel that is of a quality expected at the price, but not the unusual or special experience suggested by its web site.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at the Hutton because it was the venue for a Mollydooker wine tasting and dinner. We read online reviews and had high expectations.
The moment we arrived, we were greeted by the valet and bellhop who treated us like royalty. We checked in and chatted with the staff and found the service very friendly and efficient (we loved the check in with a seating/desk vs. the impersonal counter you experience at so many places and appreciated the personal walk to the elevator!). After arriving in our room, our luggage came immediately and the bellhop gave us a “tour” of the room amenities.
The room was nice; modern décor, unique finishes. I personally loved the rain can showerhead and volume control for the TV in the bath. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean (although rooms can always be cleaner!). The linens were fine although the towels could be a little softer. We loved the espresso bar just down the hall. Also, the room doorbell was a nice touch and the do not disturb switch.
The event space/ballroom was very well done and the service was excellent as were the facilities. We also really enjoyed the 1808 grill, especially the Cava, crab cakes and flat bread.
The hotel philosophy is “it’s the details that matter” and they definitely do a great job with service without all of the pomp and circumstance arrogance. One such service is a courtesy car (3 mile radius) which we utilized to drop us downtown. Jacob drove us downtown and gave us a quick tour of the sites, a restaurant recommendation and really impressed us with his friendliness and knowledge (cab fare would be at least $10 downtown so don’t forget to tip).
The only true amenity lacking here is a full service spa/indoor pool and I would expect that for the normal rate of $249+. For our wine event rate of $179 (+$24/day valet), we definitely felt we had a great value for the services received.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Third visit to The Hutton. Very attractive property- rooms and public areas. The room decor is inviting, bright, modern and the bathrooms are a treat! The rain showers with bench are fabulous and I love the Molton Brown bath amenities. As a female traveler- I must commend the hotel on their bathroom lighting. I can actually put make-up on and know what I really look like! This is surprisingly rare! Grab 'N Go breakfast is a great amenity in the lobby if you want to grab a coffee and something light in a hurry. The group was I was travelling with all took advantage of the espresso machines on each floor- love this feature! Fitness center is cleaned and well-stocked with towels and bottled water. Some good restaurants and shops in walking distance, but you do need to grab a taxi to find most of the city's activity. The hotel has a courtesy shuttle for short distance which is another great feature. Bell/valet staff are extremely friendly. Love this hotel. See you next year.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hutton Hotel? Share your experiences!