“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 19 Nashville B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

My co-worker and I had a really nice stay at the Daisy Hill B&B in November. Our flights were delayed and we arrived quite late at night but the owners were lovely about it - were there to meet us, take our breakfast orders and get us settled in. The rooms are very nicely decorated, the beds were very comfortable, and the house was large, quiet, spotlessly clean, and beautifully decorated. It's within very easy walking distance of Vandy's campus. I would absolutely stay there again next time I go to nashville!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
St Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

Two female friends visiting Vanderbilt arrived and were put in a room that was not the one we were promised. There was no help from anyone in carring our luggage up a steep stairway of 15 steps to our room. Also the breakfast was the same both mornings. The fresh fruit was good but we were only offered scrambled eggs and toast both days....no jam, either. Did not even ask if we would prefer our eggs to be done differently. Would not reccommend this B&B to others.

• Liked — proximity to Vanderbilt University
  • Disliked — owners were not very helpful
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
daisyhil, Owner, Innkeeper at Daisy Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 23, 2007
We always want your experience here at Daisy Hill Bed and Breakfast to be very positive and enjoyable. We promise to treat you with respect and to make every attempt to meet and exceed your expectations. When making your plans to visit Nashville, please feel free to share with us any special needs you may have to ensure the success of your visit. We love our guests and look forward to your next visit.
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

My husband and I traveled to the Daisy Hill B & B for a weekend getaway. We stayed in the Scottish room for 3 nights.

The property is in a residential section of Nashville near Vanderbilt University. Its maybe 8 minutes to downtown, 15 to the airport and 20 out to Opryland/Opry Mills. The house is beautiful and our room was great. It has a whirlpool tub and shower in the room and a separate room for the toilet and sink. The bed was very comfortable (and I am picky due to a bad back) and the linens were very nice.

The food was great and best of all, they were very happy to make me what I wanted to eat! I do not like eggs and they went of their way to make sure that breakfast was something I would enjoy. Great french toast, fruit, raisin bread....

They also provide a little area with a fridge containing water and sodas, granola bars and nuts. They had wine glasses and coffee mugs available as well.

The last night I was there, I was actually alone as I had to stay in town for a conference and my husband had to return home. They were so friendly and even invited me to share a glass of wine - very nice touch!

I would absolutely recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a romantic place to stay in Nashville.

• Liked — Linda and Darrel are friendly hosts, the property is in a great location and the rooms were comfortable!
  • Disliked — No complaints here!
  • Tips/Secrets — Be sure to ask if there is something special you would like to eat - they are happy to accomodate you!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2004

Linda and Darrell are the best. They greeted us at arrival and made us feel right at home. Daisy Hill is a beautifull bed and breakfast with a very large public guest area. Breakfast has a treat and Darrell takes pride in making a great pot of hot tea for breakfast. Linda is the Chef and our breakfast each morning was five star. We look forward to our next visit and will recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed July 2004

Been to Daisy Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!