“A Honky Tonk and Church in one!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robert's Western World

Robert's Western World
416 B Broadway, Nashville, TN (Downtown Nashville)
615 244 9552
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 87 Nightlife in Nashville
Type: Country Western Bars, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: A traditional Nashville dive with cheap beer and live country music.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
“A Honky Tonk and Church in one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

The best seats (in my humble opinion) in the house are on the balcony of the upper bar, from here you can enjoy the band, watch the crowd and you're a step away from ordering beer. The music and atmosphere were excellant, and at the end of the night, we could order food to combat the beer. They offer a veggie burger, which was amongst the best I've had, my wife thoroughly enjoyed her regular burger. On Sunday morning we came back here to ask for forgiveness for the many sins we committed the night before. There is a family that holds a gospel rival at Roberts on Sunday mornings, very good music, and it is free. You can donate to there cause however, a horse farm for rescued horses. Great music, great food, great times.

Visited January 2012

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
14 attraction reviews
“Best burger in Nashville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Roberts has a non smoking policy. We liked that. They are all ages till 9 PM. We liked that, too. But we kept coming back for the hamburgers! The music was really great. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at Roberts.

Visited January 2012
New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Blew This Non-Country Fan Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

While visiting family in Louisville, took the opportunity to have someone watch the kids and go down to Nashville. I'm not a huge country fan and only own a few albums here and there.

My wife and I wandered into Robert's and ended up spending about 4 hours there. I was just completely blown away and had just a fantastic time. They had two bands there. One was named The Don Kelley Band and featured a guitarist named JD Simo. Maybe I'm naive but I've seen some to the best guitar players but watching this guy up close was incredible, like watching a young guitar legend in his prime. The whole band was great though.

The other band was Eileen Rose & The Silver Threads. Eileen was the singer and had a great voice and the whole band rocked (sorry country fans).

I don't have a real grounding in country, but those hours were probably the best hours I've had being out in a long, long time. I'd go back to Nashville just to go to Robert's.

I only left Robert's because I felt I should sample some of the other bars and music but nothing held a candle to Robert's.

They had a good selection of beer, burgers were great.

Visited December 2011
RALEIGH
“Divey bar with great live music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

This is one of those long, narrow bars wedged in among a number of music joints along Broadway. They had a great band playing covers the likes of Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, and Elvis. The staff was friendly. They also serve up typical bar fare. You can also get yourself a t-shirt sporting the bar's name and supporting Pabst Blue Ribbon beer :)

Visited December 2011
Chicago, IL
“Great time with great friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Roberts always has great music and is one of the few honky tonks that also serves food. Although they're known for their great burgers, I also enjoy the turkey sandwich... but I ask for it grilled!
My favorite band is John England and the Western Swingers -- they play every Monday night from 6 til 10. Other favorites are Sarah Gayle Meech and Harry Fontana... but there's always someone good playing at Roberts!

Visited September 2011