“So clean. Great Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Military
“So clean. Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

This hotel was fabulous. The Decor was modern. Everything was new and clean. Great location near the Gaylord Convention Center, and the Oprymills mall. Not exactly walking distance with two little kids, but a short 3 minute drive. The breakfast was the best breaksfast I've had at a Hampton Inn (and I've been to plenty). They had western omelets and bagels topped with eggs, waffle maker. and plenty of room in the breakfast area so you are not fighting for a table. Would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Although check-in started a little rough (misunderstanding caused our reservation to be canceled), the situation was quickly remedied and we were not charged for the one night we had to spend in a smoking room (yuck!). The bed is so soft and comfy...I wanted to pack it up in my suitcase and take it home with me. I enjoyed the flat screen TV with tons of channels to surf and the bathroom was great - vanity with shelves for your toiletries and a hairdryer that actually dries your hair! I do agree with a previous reviewer who said that the fluorescent-like light bulbs in the room were a bit annoying, but that is about the only negative I could find. Breakfast is awesome and I thought the coffee was delish! Would definintely stay here again for future trips.

• Stayed March 2010
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

A coworker booked a studio king suite for me for two nights in this new hotel, complete with wet bar, mini-fridge, and microwave....very nice. In fact this is definitely the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever stayed at.

PROS:
- Extremely comfy bed and pillows...I had no trouble sleeping, and usually the first night in a new location I always have difficulty sleeping. In fact, I just placed an order for a couple of the same
pillows for home from the Hampton web site.
- 31" flat screen TV with numerous HD channels.
- Hot breakfast with a variety of items that changes from day to day.
- USA Today delivered daily outside room doors.
- Lots of great restaurants close by and only a 3-minute drive to Gaylord Opryland.

CONS:
- Pod-style in-room coffee maker makes a tiny cup of poor-quality coffee. I went down to the lobby for coffee every morning I was there. Plus the only refills in my room were decaff. Hampton really needs to replace these with a standard coffee maker, but I've seen the same setup in other Hampton Inns too.
- Glaring white compact fluorescent bulbs in all the lamps. I would prefer to see a warmer color compact fluorescent bulb.
- Rather thin towels and wash cloths (at least as compared to Residence Inns, my personal favorite in hotels).

All-in-all though, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Notre Dame
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

Spent a girls weekend here and loved it! Free shuttle pick up and drop off at airport, Opryland hotel and other locations. Nice breakfast with hot and cold items. Really liked the decorating motif. Service staff exceptional from front desk staff to housekeeping. 24 hour brewed coffee and tea bar. Bedding extremely comfortable. Terrific value, especially as compared to gigantic Opryland complex across the street. Only probllem with room was cold draft coming from under the heating unit under window, which was remedied, oddly enough, by closing the bathroom door at night (as recommended by staff). Would not have been an issue, except that we were using the sofa sleeper, which was next to the heating unit. Very comfortable lobby and breakfast area with fireplace.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Springboro, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

A clean a new hotel and mostly friendly staff. However, a scheduling mix-up led to a manager telling me she could refund 100% of the mis-scheduled bill, but she chooses only to refund 50%. She was taking out on me a comment my elderly father apparently made (I wasn't there at the time).

Her level of unprofessionalism ruined my stay. I would have enjoyed the hotel more if the manager hadn't been vindictive and ruined my stay.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Dayton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We arrived in Nashville for a few days of leisure, and were greeted by a lovely young man at the front desk who was very friendly, had lots of recommendations on what to do and where to eat! The King Suite we reserved is lovely. Clean, quiet, and just what we had in mind!! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
SOUTHEAST US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

Booked two rooms here because of fair rates and great TA reviews and we were not disappointed! We came to Nashville to see the Rockettes and spent two nights at this hotel. Convenient location directly across from a main entrance to Opryland Hotel/Opry Mills shopping. Signage makes it easy to know where to turn in to hotel. Staff at check in did not go out of their way to be friendly but they were not rude either. We had rooms with two double beds and the bedding was wonderfully soft and comfortable. Bathroom had ample space and a nice, clean shower with adjustable spray (though the adjustments may be a bit of a reach for shorter people). All carpets and linens were fresh and clean looking. Entire hotel done in a pleasant brown and turquoise color scheme which I quite liked. Never a long wait for elevators. Lots of nods to the country music industry in lobby sitting area...guitar shaped chair and lamps. Some music industry related art as well. Nothing off putting if you're not a country fan though. Breakfast was just as I have come to expect at a Hampton. Much nicer than the old continental offerings. One day we had biscuits, gravy and eggs/cheese on an English muffin type roll. They also offer muffins, yogurt, toast, cereal and assorted juices and teas. Coffee is available in the lobby all day. We when returned from an outing in the cold evening air they still had hot water and tea packets but no hot chocolate packets. We requested hot chocolate and it was kindly delivered. Housekeeping did a great job on the rooms. Nearby food options include: Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, McDonalds and some type of fish/seafood place. This will be my choice next time I need a place to stay in Nashville. I personally do not think you get your money's worth at the Opryland Hotel and this is so close to all the attractions there is no need to overspend for a great night's stay.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland? Share your experiences!