“Cleanliness” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
chattanooga, United States
“Cleanliness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Services were satisfactory. Area of improvement is needed in the daily room cleaning/housekeeping. Receptionist during checkin/out was professional and courteous. Provided a tasteful complimentary breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just stayed here on a short work trip and had a nice stay. It's a convenient location for events at the Grand Ole Opry and Opryland Hotel. My room was clean and modern-looking. The breakfast was your typical free buffet breakfast, but kept up nicely. And the check-in staff was very helpful and helped me navigate and find out where to park for free at the Grand Ole Opry.

It's just a 20 minute drive from downtown Nashville, and I found that Christmastime was especially fun, because everything was decorated.

Tullahoma, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The woman "Andrea" that checked us in was so rude. There was another blond woman there and did not say or do anything either. We arrived after check in time and our room was not available and she had an attitude when we told her we had a meeting to get to and needed to check in and freshen up. The meeting was directly beside the Hampton at the Hyatt. We stayed at the Hampton because we are Hilton honor members but now I am starting to rethink staying at any Hampton. The Hampton was $169 a night and the Hyatt was $119 for the same night. I dropped off a co-worker at the Hampton by the airport not too far away from this one and the rate there was $129. There was nothing special about this hotel to justify the price at all. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The Hyatt was very nice that was directly beside the Hampton and it was cheaper and the hospitality was an entire different experience. I came very close to cancelling my reservation and moving over to the Hyatt just because of the woman Andrea being so rude. If I am paying more than any hotel in the area then you need to at least act like you want my business.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Bruce N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Buttercup ts,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the unfriendly greeting you received at check-in and can assure you this is not typical. We are working with our staff to review our processes and ensure that we're providing our warm, friendly Hamptonality with each and every guest interaction. Our check in time is 4:00pm and we always do our best to meet our commitment to our guests by having all of our rooms ready by 4:00pm for their convenience. We hope we can invite you back for a much more enjoyable stay.

Kind regards,
Bruce Neal
Nashville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The lady woking in the breakfast area is a great asset to the company. She went out of her way to meet with each person dining and even sang for several of those present. Shuttle driver even though he was relatively new, was very helpful and friendly. I would stay agin.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

L.A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The location of this Hampton Inn is central to almost everything in Nashville. The room was very large BUT the bathroom (both tub and toilet) were tiny. It almost seemed like an afterthought. If the common space was a little smaller and the bathroom area made larger our room would have been perfect. As with all Hampton Inns the amenities will very. My recall of the breakfast, which is free, was that it was good but missed having some items that other Hampton's offer. I think it was whole fruits e.g. bananas and apples v. cut fruit. The location is walking distance from Opryland and also next to a very large mall with plenty of dining options. It also is next to the highway (though not so close as to be noisy) for easy access to other sites in Nashville.

Room Tip: We generally request being aware from the elevator and the ice machine.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hernando, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am very picky when it comes to staying in hotels. This hotel exceeded my expectations. This is where I will stay every time I come to Nashville. What originally drew me to this hotel were the comments about the comfortable beds. Those comments were correct. Comfortable beds are a big deal for me. I have stayed at some other near by hotels that felt like I was sleeping on boards so I was very excited to have a much comfortable place to sleep. Room was also clean and spacious. The staff was super nice and let me check in early since they had a room ready. Great rooms and great customer service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here on a road trip on the night of October 22, 2014. I looked for a hotel 30 miles north of Nashville and 30 miles south - and this was the only decent hotel available. I was there only for the night.

Hotel: It was probably built in the last 5 years and is a typical prototype Hampton Inn & Suites. Facilities all looked clean and inviting. No noise from the outside and the area was well lit.

Room: It was clean and free of anything from previous guests. There was a lot of wear and tear that was prevalent. The carpet in between the room and bathroom tile was really frayed. The furniture had lots of nicks, dents and scratches. The sofa was really worn and really didn't look clean. The bed was comfortable and the linens smelled fresh. The bathroom door was in need of attention because it was damaged from use. The HVAC unit in our needed cleaning, because the AC compressor ran all night; but the room didn't cool down.

Staff: We checked in late around 11:45 pm and 12:15am. The two ladies working the night we checked in were very friendly and recognized my diamond status. She even upgraded us into a suite, even though we were only there for 8 hours. They gave us a welcome bag for the each of us (not normal at most hampton inn hotels). The lady working the morning of checkout was the complete opposite. I don't know if she had a slammed morning or just a bad day. We couldn't get any recommendations for breakfast or decent local places to eat. All other staff were friendly except for her.

Overall: If you pay more than $150 for this place, its a rip off. The hotel really isn't worth that much for a night. I had no choice, because everything was sold out, and staff mentioned that most hotels in the Nashville area have been sold out everyday since March. Place is decent for a night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side. If you get front side, its a view of the parking lot and the Hyatt...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland? Share your experiences!