“A great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Calgary, Alberta
“A great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was attending a convention at the Opryland Convention Centre and was booked into this hotel. After staying there, I would certainly recommend it to anyone else! The whole place was very clean, the rooms standard but adequate. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic, and the great staff only added to my enjoyment of a great meal. They have a shuttle that runs between the hotel and the Opryland for ease of access. All of the hotel staff were very approachable and helpful. I had a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had two nights at this hotel. Good rates, and nice, clean hotel. Family vacation was great! A bit far from downtown activities, but close to Opryland.

The server at breakfast was a gem. "Miss Sunshine" definately started our days off right!

Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I can't say enough about this hotel. It was cozy, friendly and very clean. The staff was very helpful and took care of any requests immediately. I have to say I appreciate the fact that the bed linens to linclude the duvet covers are washed in between guests. I booked this hotel without knowing about the Nashville area. I am so glad I didn't book downtown with the party crowd and had to pay for parking. This hotel is across the street from the Gaylord, Opry Land and Opry Mills whic has a great mall with lots of restaurants. Traveling with two teenagers I was greatful I ended up in Opryland vs downtown where I felt safer and it was quieter. Breakfast was great, the only con is an outdoor pool that was unheated and no hot tub. Thank you for a great stay Hampton Inn, this was my first visit to a Hampton and you have me sold!

Room Tip: Prepare for no swim days on rainy days or cooler weather. The pool stays pretty empty because of th...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was another great experience at a Hampton Inn. We stayed here for two nights while visiting Opryland and other Nashville attractions. When we checked in, it was quick and the front desk representative was friendly and a huge help. She gave us suggestions on places to check out while in the city and also gave us a menu for a late night pizza place that delivered right to our room. Our room was very clean and comfortable and we loved that we had a microwave and mini fridge. Breakfast buffet was delicious and varied both days. The bathroom was nice-my only complaint was the low water pressure in the shower. Otherwise, a very pleasant stay and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Comfortable bed is always important, and Hampton hasn't yet disappointed. This was also close to Gaylord Opryland, where my convention was happening. Hampton has a shuttle going hourly to Gaylord Opryland. However, my particular convention had arranged continuous shuttles, which was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wyandotte, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here over night on August 13, 2012 while waiting for our flight to leave Nashville the next day. We checked in about 1:30 p.m. and we had our pick of floors. We were put on the 5th floor looking out to the front of the hotel. The room was nice and clean and the beds very comfortable. We didn't try the microwave, but the frig worked just fine. Everyone we delt with during our stay was very nice and seemed to be happy about their jobs. The only problem we ran into was the shuttle. We went over to Opry Hotel and when we called back to the hotel to be picked up we were told that the shuttle was out to the airport but they would call them and have them come by to pick us up, that it would be about 10 minutes. We waited for about 1/2 hour and no one showed so I contacted the hotel back, Dave at the front desk answed the phone and stated that he had forgotten to tell the driver and he would let them know now. You could tell he was truly sorry that he had forgotten and so we told him no problem we could wait a few minutes longer. We waited another 1/2 hour and still no shuttle, I called back and this time a lady answered the phone and when I told her that we had been waiting for an hour she was shocked, she knew nothing about it and she was the one who drives the shuttle. She said she would speak with Dave and someone would be there soon to get us. By this time there were others waiting for the shuttle as well so I told her that's fine. We waited still another 1/2 hour before it finally showed. So in all it took 1 1/2 hours for the shuttle to get to us. When they arrived I didn't really say anything just got into the van, the driver looked at me and said "your the one that has been waiting for so long right" I said yes, she said she was so sorry that this is not how they do things, and some how things got mixed up with them going out to the airport and then lunch breaks somehow it just all fell thru the cracks. I told her that if I had been told that it would be that long then at least we could have gone back inside and then came out when it was time, but we kept being told that it would just be a few minutes longer. She said that because of the mix up that our room would be comped for the night. I was very suprized by this. I know they say if you are not 100 percent satisified that they will make it good, but I never expected this. When we got to the hotel Dave was at the front desk waiting for us and couldn't say he was sorry enough. I told him all was good, and I was greatfull for what he was willing to do. We said good nite and went on our way. The next morning when we came down for breakfast we seen nothing but smiles from the employees and the food was great. When it came time to check out they were true to their word and there was no charge to me. If all the Hamption Inn's are like this I would stay again in a minute. They proved to me that they stand by their word.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We will often stay at a Hampton Inn, just because you often know what you get, and this place is no exception. The location is excellent - just across from Opryland, so you don't get hit with their prices. Staff is awesome, breakfast options are solid, if not outstanding.

The shuttle is great, because it will take you to Opryland (or just about anywhere close by, and even to the airport). But Opryland is the winner here, since even half an hour in that parking lot will set you back significantly.

Only downside is you can get a bit of noise - there were some nightly storms coming through while we stayed and the wind would whistle down the halls. Add that to some heavy doors slamming most nights and it could be difficult to get a good nights sleep if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland? Share your experiences!