“Great value - great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Offer
Ranked #7 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Jackson, Tennessee
“Great value - great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Looking for a change in the traditional Thanksgiving belly stuffing activities, we (my wife, son & I) stayed at this hotel. I booked it online via Priceline and got a great price for a 2 King size bed studio with easy access to the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (they will shuttle you there !!) . The room was big and nicely decorated (standard Hampton Inn theme). Everything was clean, looked very upgraded and organized at our arrival. Microwave, mini-fridge and wet bar. The LCD TV was a little tricky to figure out at first, but after 10 minutes, I was able to do the parental block, etc. I wonder why don’t the hotels have it already blocked and let you do the unblocking, especially if you have younger children. Similar to the internet access… Have a code? Then surf …

My only complaint is my standard one regarding the inability to control the A/C or heater to where you can leave the fan running to act as white noise. These were the type that shuts on/off continuously. It really disturbs our sleep every time it starts.

Other than that this was a great stay, great price, nice hotel and staff. The morning breakfast was great also. All kinds of cereal, pastries, canned fruit, juice, coffee, bread, muffins ……. And a hot mini-omelet, potatoes and sausage.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

While the property is clean and the rooms are adequate, my stay at this Hampton Inn was ruined because of a theft. A piece of jewelry was stolen from my room during my stay at this hotel. It happened the day before I left, and I didn't discover it was missing until I was packing to leave. The manager on duty was absolutely no help at all and didn't even ask for a description of the stolen item or my contact information. After repeated calls, I finally reached the property manager, and her response was that there was nothing they could do & I should have used the hotel safe. My bracelet was well hidden, so whomever stole it didn't just find it sitting on a counter. If you stay at this hotel, don't leave anything the least bit valuable or sentimental in your room. And if something is stolen, don't expect any help or even an apology from the staff or management. I used to be a fan of the Hampton Inn chain but after this experience I will never go back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
TimHorne, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this review, December 17, 2011
I would first of all like to start this response by saying that we do take this issue very seriously. We spoke with this guest a couple of times. In this review I find it very interesting that we were given the malicious title of being hotel thieves. However, when we spoke with the guest, she herself acknowledged that she was not sure if she had this item with her at our hotel. Even though she acknowledged the fact that she was not sure if she had it we still investigated this claim thoroughly. We got a full description of this bracelet and went to work that same day investigating. It does not happen often, however, when there is a claim of theft we take it very seriously. The locks are read to determine who has been in the rooms and at what times they were in the rooms, tapes are reveiwed, etc. We have a zero tolerance for theft. I would also like to point out the fact that we have a very honest staff. We have had staff members turn in wallets that were lost (with money inside), and we have even had a situation where someone lost $200 cash on our property in the hallway and a staff member found that money and turned it in. I do understand that it is probably very frustrating to find something missing. However due to the fact that the guest has acknowledged that she is not sure if she even had the bracelet here, I am hurt by the blatent decree that we are thieves.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011 via mobile

What a great place to stay and friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Clean facilities and near the Grand Ole Opryland.

• Stayed November 2011
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011 via mobile

In 8 weeks traveling around the US, this was one of the best placesvwe stayed at. The room was huge, well equipped and comfortable. Excellent bed, good shower. I can't fault the amenities or service. The location at Opryland is convenient for the sights there, but it is a fair distance to the downtown sights. Otherwise I would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2011
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Hotel is very clean, nicely kept up. Our room, 500, was extremely large. Had kitchen area separate from rest of room, and sink was outside toilet/bathtub area, which was very convenient if not traveling alone. The staff at this property was outstanding. Reception desk staff, particularly Tim, were very helpful in giving touring advice and directions. Sunshine, who works in the breakfast area, was welcoming every morning. Hotel is located just across a major street from the Opryland Hotel, and they run a shuttle every hour, so it is a good place if one is attending a conference there. Otherwise the hotel is about 15 minutes outside of downtown Nashville, and easy to reach downtown attractions.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have taken many trips to Nashville and this is by far one of the best places we have stayed at. It was very clean and the breakfast everyday was great. All the staff were very friendly especially the 2 ladies who take care of the breakfast buffet. Cleanliness is a high priority on my list and I must say this is one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at in Nashville. It is in a great location and only a short drive to downtown. We will be staying here from now on when we visit Nashville. When going to downtown avoid the high price parking areas. Park at the Library garage. It is only $4 after 6:00p.m. and all day on the weekends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Newburgh, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Quick check in, beautifully decorated, quiet, clean room and well worth the price! Paid $162 which included tax. We will stay again. Nice coffee bar for anytime. Nice breakfast, too.

Room Tip: Stay higher than the first floor.