“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Putnam COUnty
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I am here for a week on business. I've never stayed at this hotel, but I plan to return EVERY time that I am in Nashville.

The rooms are clean with sleep number beds, the indoor pool is wonderful, (especially now in October!) the downstairs lounge with HDTVs was perfect to watch The World Series, the room service and restaurant do a great job, and there's an outdoor patio deck near the pool. Parking is FREE! The friendly shuttle driver even was willing to take me to Kroger for some late-night munchies! The highlight of this hotel is its friendly front desk staff that do back flips to take care of guests. The desk is managed by a delightful lady named Mary, and she's recruited guest service superstars that go above and beyond. The catered dinners for our seminar were first-rate every night. Housekeeping also did an awesome job! These people should train the staffs at other hotels!

I am not rating the spa because I don't know if the hotel has one... I am too busy to find out.

If you want to eat off-property there are plenty of local restaurants from Backyard Burgers to McDonald's to Arby's to Ruby Tuesdays... Just to name a few...

It should be said that I used to manage a hotel front desk, near Disneyland, and have worked at three other hotels. I'm a tough critic. The Radisson Nashville Airport gets a rare Five Stars from me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Louisville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We booked a one night pkg with 15 day parking & shuttle & that was good. When we arrived the rm were were asigned was awful, nothing worked & the bath was fit into an alcove so small that 2 could not fit. The sleep no. bed (one of thier advertising points) didn't work. The toilet & sink didn't work properly. After calling twice They moved us into another rm in which everything was fine but other hotels in this price range are better. Afterwards we were satisfied with the stay. They gave us a free breakfast because of the problems & it was good.

Room Tip: If you need parking for a vaction, it's a good deal. Check the bathhroom before you accept the r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

El Dorado, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. There was just a slight bit of mold in the shower, but otherwise seemed spotless. Internet works well. I also really like their restaurant. This is my third stay here and everything I have eaten there has been good whether dining in or room service. Front desk staff are very friendly and nice and helpful. I am a Club Carlson Concierge level member and they really take care of you well.

I like to stay here whenever the price is within my range or when I can stay with points. Not fond of Sleep Number beds but this one actually worked and am glad to hear they are in the process of replacing them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Port Alberni, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here for a conference - could not get into the conference hotel and this was the back-up. While the room was OK, everything was rather dated. The restaurant never seemed to be open, although there was room service, But I had a problem one morning when I tried to eat at 10:30 am. First I was told the restaurant and room service were closed, then all of a sudden I could get room service. Just weird. Although we were supposed to be able to use the hotel shuttles to get to the conference hotel, this was a big hassle as the drivers did not want to take us. The location was awful if you had no vehicle as there was nothing close. Would never stay here again. The only plus was that the lounge waitress and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bobby S, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I appreciate your comments. We were a back up hotel for the QM conference. QM and the Sheraton had set the shuttle schedue for the conference. We thought it would be a good idea to hire additional shuttles to avoid any overflow and so we could get our guests to the Sheraton in plenty of time. There were some issues as the QM planners had given different times to the attendees than were provided to our hotel. We tried to do the best we could. I do apologize for your experience with the shuttles and the restaurant. The restaurant is only closed from 10.30AM till 11.30AM and then 2.00PM till 5.00PM. Room service is available alll day until Close. We do hope that you will give us another try the next time you are back in Nashville.
Thank you.
Decatur, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

For this pricey of a hotel you would expect at least a free continental breakfast or something but no breakfast is included. You can order breakfast to your room or order at the restaurant downstairs. The room we received had cigarette burns in the carpet. There is a individual coffee maker in the room however they only give one coffee stirrer and very little cream and sugar.
I suggest you wait until they replace the sleep number beds before you stay here. They are very uncomfortable. I mentioned it on check out and they claim they are replacing them next year.
The towels are wonderfully soft and big !
I guess I just expected more from a Radisson hotel. I have had better stays at the cheaper Country Inn and Suites or Best Western hotels

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Let me apologize first of all for the condition of the room. I have addressed that with the Chief Engineer as well as the amount of coffee, creamer and all that goes on the coffee tray. We are replacing the beds after the first of the year as our guest service agent had mentioned. If you are back in Nashville anytime soon please give me a call personally to book your next stay.
Thank so much.
Centennial
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel is in fine condition. The rooms are big , clean, and comfortable. Free internet service that works. The staff was excellent and very helpful and gave me good directions to local restaurants. The parking lot was secure but no big enough if they are having an event.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel looks nice. The staff was friendly. The wifi works well. The room was clean. It is in a good location. I have no huge complaints...except for the bed.

My wife and I both hated the Sleep Number bed. It was so uncomfortable. It made the loudest racket when you increase the sleep number. The second night, I decided I'd lower the sleep number to make the bed softer. The air went out under my midsection quicker than under my legs and head so they were slightly elevated. I hated that bed. Add to that the fact that the sheet was paper thin and the comforter weighed about 95 pounds, there was no middle ground. They did bring me a blanket at my request. It felt a bit like a bee hive but it was better than burning up under that comforter.

The other weird thing was the fact that the TVs appeared new, but the picture was obviously standard definition so it was not a very good picture.

With a new bed, I could easily recommend this hotel. However we slept so poorly that I would not recommend it without their changing the beds.

Stayed October 2013
Bobby S, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. I understand your frustration with the beds, they are certianly not for everyone. We are in the process now of switching out the Sleep Number beds with comfortable mattresses / box springs. If you do come to Nashville again, I hope you will give the hotel another chance as you will be able to have a better nights sleep on a normal mattress.
Take care

Been to Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!