“Average Radisson” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Average Radisson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The hotel room was clean, staff very friendly. We were offered a suite instead of the room we had previously booked which was nice, though we went for the room since we wanted the two twin beds rather than a kind bed and a pull out bed.
The are some hidden costs which disappoints, like a $10 charge to have a microwave oven in the room. Our room didn't have a refrigerator either as apparently some of the rooms don't! The complementary tea/coffee set was placed in the BATHROOM even though there was room for it on the desk!!! No balcony.
The pros:
The beds and bathroom were clean and above standard for a 3 star hotel. There's ample parking and drive to downtown doesn't take more than 10-15 mins. Hi-speed wifi is available everywhere.
Buffet breakfast for $8/person is decent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

i stayed here 1 month and they treated me like i was home, just great people and very good food at a reasonable price. it was close to work and the airport. the area around the hotel was clean. the hotel itself was spotless and anything i needed they got it for me. I'm looking forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I travel more than 200,000 miles a year for work and at the Radisson airport hotel In Nashville Tennessee , I found the best homemade cheesecake I have ever tasted in the 35 years I have been traveling !

Ask for executive Chef Patrick and tell him Bob from London sent you

• Stayed December 2012
Bobby S, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments about the hotel and the staff. I have let Chef know about your review as well and he is excited to share with his team. We certianly hope the next time you are in Nashville you will stay here at the Radisson Nashville Airport.
Take care and Happy Holidays!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were just passing through with an 18 hour layover. So we were just looking for a place to lay our heads for the evening, but we wanted to be abl to check in earlier than the stadnard 3pm if possible. I know that this isn't always an options, especially if it's a full occupancy the night before. But after calling around to several airport hotels, the Radisson seemed to be the most willing to accomodate this if possible. And accomodate, they did! it was very nice to be able to check in early without incident, and with nothing must pleasantries and smiles from the staff...such a nice respite for weary travelers!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We truly appreciate yur comments and I have also shared with the Guest Service team. Im glad you enjoyed your stay even though it was only for a short time. We hope you will be back to Nashville soon and will be able to stay longer and here at the Radisson Nashville Airport.
Happy Holidays!
Cadiz, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a large group from a mission team that stayed overnight before our flight to Haiti. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was nice, quiet and comfortable. We had to leave really early but they had coffee and snacks to "grab & go."

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Depoe Bay, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My 4 year old and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our mommy daughter vacation. The hotel is super nice and clean. Hotel staff was so friendly. I wish I could remember the name of the woman who made our reservation and checked us in.... She said she had just moved to Nashville herself. Anyways... shes a great addition to the staff... My daughter loved the pool. We were the only ones in there both days we swam. The food in the restaurant is delicious. I ordered the cheese pizza and chocolate cake both nights for dinner. I'm a huge pizza fan and I can say that was the BEST pizza I've ever had. I live in Oregon and I still tell people about it. Great Job to whoever made it. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great place to stay and its close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked this hotel for a conference based on it's price and location. I was cautious based on previous reviews, but there were only a few negatives for this stay. Overall, a very decent stay for the price.

I did not utilize the shuttle as I had a rental car. Arriving late on a Friday night (10-ish), I found the hotel a little hard to find from the main road. This wasn't necessarily bad as the hotels right on the main road overlooked fast food restaurants, etc. Only one person working the desk at night on a Friday and no back up present meant a 15 minute wait to check in behind two parties. Parking was a bit full that time of night, but closer parking can be found in the back of the property, by the rear door. The key card reader does not consistently work for this door, and the door itself looks a bit beat up, but I was eventually able to get in,

I used the hotel bar once I arrived for a late night meal, good portion size and fine food for the price.

Room was a good size and was as described on the internet. While the room contained a desk, bed, chair, etc., the overall layout was strange. The TV is placed on a warp around desk and in the middle of the room with a bed on one side and the desk on the other. The only way to watch the tv was to lay in bed, you could not sit in the chair or at the desk and see the tv. I did not activate the sleep number accessory of the bed, so I cannot speak to it. Bathroom was spacious, although slightly dirty (I noted hair along my bath tub, I cleaned it with a washcloth). No fridge or microwave present. Overall, I slept well and was satisfied on subsequent days with cleaning. I never heard any plane noise. Internet was adequate and wireless received a good signal. I did not use the swimming pool or exercise room, so I cannot comment on them other than confirming their existence.

I was most disappointed with my last day at the hotel- I had a morning flight and ordered room service breakfast. I received my breakfast 10 minutes before the start of my designated delivery time, thus finding me right out of the shower. The breakfast itself was terrible- a ham and cheese omlette that was VERY dry and hash browns that tasted like a deep fryer versus a potato. I ate very little.

Overall, for the price paid, the hotel was perfectly acceptable for my stay and fit most of my needs. I cannot comment on its location to attractions, although it was very close to the freeway. Service was fine, hotel was nothing fancy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bobby S, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I have addressed them with each of the Managers that oversee front office, rooms and our kitchen. I apologize and would certainly ask that next time you are in Nashville on business or pleasure that you please let me know. We appreciate you business and hope to see you soon.