“Brilliant once again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hermitage Hotel

You added Hermitage Hotel to your Saves list
Hermitage Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   231 Sixth Ave N, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Brilliant once again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2006

My husband and I had 'discovered' The Hermitage last Winter while driving out to a ski-vacation in Vail, CO. We had never been to Nashville before, but after staying at the Hermitage for one night, we decided we would return to Nashville, for a proper vacation, Unfortunately, we haven't had the chance to do this yet, but my mother and I stayed (with my small dog) at the Hermitage while roadtripping this July, and once again, it was truly outstanding.

I had called a few days prior and asked for connecting rooms. I called again the night before our arrival, and the staff was able to give us 'Capitol View' connecting rooms! How fun it was to open up our connecting doors and watch my little terrier run the vast expanse between my room and 'grandma's' room. (and believe me, both rooms were spacious!!)

At dinner time, we didn't want to leave the dog alone, so we ordered room service. I must say that the Salmon BLT sandwich was just as good as I remember it when I ordered it in the Oak Bar last December! Heavenly! Mom enjoyed everything she ordered as well.

The staff, from the valets, to the bellmen, to the front desk, went out of their way to make sure that mom, myself and my little dog were given the absolute royal treatment! And for pet owners, I must mention that the hotel is directly across from a vast expanse of grass, perfect place to walk the dog!!

We absolutley loved the Herimtage, and although we travelled many more miles, and even stayed at a Four Seasons in Atlanta during our trip, mom never stopped talking about the luxury, attention and service at the Hermitage. You must stay there if you are going to be anywhere near Nashville. It will be worth the stop!

• Liked — The attention paid to us by the staff and the bedding and bath which were outstanding!
  • Disliked — the roomservice breakfast arrived late due to a mixup, but it was partly our fault
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay there!
  • Stayed July 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Colorado Springs Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2006

I was so happy to check into the Hermitage after a terrible stay at the Renaissance down the street. Everything about our stay at the Heritage was fantastic. What a glorious property. I dove into the bathtub first thing as the bathroom appeared spotlessly clean and breathtakingly beautiful. The rooms are some of the largest I've seen and I am accustomed to Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton.
We didn't get the extra towels we ordered our morning of departure, but we were late checking out anyway and the robes were so nice I didn't care. I would not stay anywhere else in Nashville.
Room service food and service was great.
The beds were very soft. I hate hard beds. Thank goodness I did not let the bad review deter me.
Oh, and the bottom sheet of the bed was actually tucked in. A rarity.

• Liked — decor
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

Rarely does one find a historic hotel that has all the charm of the past, with the conveniences of the new. I have only been to possibly 2 in my lifetime. The Hermitage Hotel is one of them. For example, the charm cannot be overlooked as soon as you enter the lobby. What a marvelous room. The professionalism and personalization by the staff is only something you may find while staying at Ritz-Carlton's. It is something that defines southern hospitality. Their multimillion dollar renovation was done with every detail in mind. Nice sized rooms, beautiful showers and tubs, dvd/cd players in the room and very fast wireless connections; and the list goes on. I am on the road every week and the facilities and amenities are impossible to beat. I just wonder why cities, such as NY, SF, Chicago can't get their 100 year old hotels to polish like this one.
Lastly, for a great meal, the Capital Grill is a wonderful place to dine, either for business or for a more romantic evening.

Stayed July 2006
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

My husband and I live in Nashville and found ourselves child-free for a weekend. To treat ourselves we decided to spend a night at the renovated Hermitage Hotel. We booked a deluxe room, and also made brunch reservations for the day we were to arrive. Check-in is not until 4:00, so we arrived for our 11:00 brunch knowing that we would not be able to get into our room until later in the day. Much to our surprise (and delight!), after brunch Mekdess at the Front Desk informed us that we were being upgraded to an executive suite which we could get into immediately. The suite was absolutely incredible: huge (about 1,000 square feet), 2 bathrooms, giant living room, giant bedroom, 2 flat screen TVs, beautiful bathroom, and a lovely view of the State Capitol and rolling hills beyond. We were absolutely blown away by her kindness and hospitality. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we decided to stay an additional night. As asides, the food in the Capitol Grille was terrific, and Deb in the bar was first rate. We will definitely be back the next time we find ourselves with some spare time.

jasper, al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

I travel extensively, and have enjoyed many of the top hotels in the US, and Europe. I must say, however, that my stay at The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville, is among my very favorite.

I had recommended The Hermitage Hotel to business associates and clients for the past few years, all of whom have returned with nothing but praise.

I had the occasion to be in Nashville in January, 2006, on business, and took the opportunity to stay at The Hermitage. I must confess that even my clients' praise did not do this hotel justice!

From being met at the curb, through the check-in and check-out, every detail of service and accommodation was attended to with excellence. The Hotel is beautiful and filled with antiques and history, and my room was beyond expectations. I hosted clients at the Capitol Grille for lunch. In comparison with other 5-6 Diamond Rated Hotels, I am pleased to say that the accommodations were comparable, the food excellent...... but the courtesy, professionalism, and southern hospitality of the entire staff is what really sets The Hermitage above and beyond. I look forward to staying there again when in Nashville.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

We spent our 20th anniversary night at The Hermitage Hotel. The hotel is beautiful to say the least but the rest of the night did not meet our expectations. We bought the package deal which was a room and a meal for two at the Capitol Grille for $459. WHAT A RIP OFF! Our dinner only came to $115, the room was $259.... do the math. The bed was hard as a rock, even with the "luxury pad" on it. We couldn't wait for the night to be over. We were out before 10:00 and had even asked for a late check out. This place is for people who have TOO much money and don't mind wasting it. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone to stay at, just go have a $12 drink at the bar and look around. Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed June 2006
, Hotel Manager at Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2006
It is through the comments of our valued guests that we are able to improve our service - service beyond the highest standards we demand of ourselves. Our associates take immeasurable pride in creating the most memorable experience possible and it is always disappointing to hear that a guest’s visit was anything but exceptional. It is our sincere wish that you will return soon and allow us the opportunity to demonstrate this commitment to quality at The Hermitage Hotel.

Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2006

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! The place has been renovated and the lobby is stunning. We stayed in a Junior Suite with a king bed, lots of square footage, and a big marble bathroom with 2 sinks, a separate shower, toilet nook, and big bathtub. The Suite was extremely comfortable and clean and roomy. They also have a nice fitness center. We ate at the Capitol Grille for a very nice dinner and used it several times for breakfast. The staff at this hotel is exemplary and they tend to your every need. I would definitely go back!!

Been to Hermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!