“Super hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hermitage Hotel

You added Hermitage Hotel to your Saves list
Hermitage Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   231 Sixth Ave N, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Wilmington, DE
“Super hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

My husband and I recently spent two wonderful days at the Hermitage in Nashville! The hotel is magnificent, and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely and accommodating that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel when our all too short two days had come to an end. We toured Nashville and had a great time at the Grand Ole Opry, but, really, we were always looking forward to getting back to the peace, the tranquility, and the consistently amazing personal service at the hotel. I can't remember ever feeling like that!l It is hard to describe the combinaton of luxurious comfort and attention to detail mixed with friendly and laid-back atmosphere -- we LOVED it!!! The bar and restaurant were also consistently great. The week before we stayed at the Hermitage, we were at the Ritz-Carlton in Amelia Island, Florida for a few days...which was a big disapointment. It doesn't hold a candle to the Hermitage! I think it is fair to say that this is one of the best -- if not THE best -- hotel we have ever stayed in. We were on the 9th (top) floor -- completely quiet and peaceful. The hotel is within walking distance of all downtown sights of interest, which always makes things easier -- but, whenever we wanted our car, it was at the door within a couple of minutes, the employees ready to help with packages, etc. -- and they ALWAYS remembered our name, which was pretty amazing. The front desk staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Both evenings we enjoyed cookies and hot cider in the lobby; both mornings there was hot coffee and tea to go, also in the lobby. I want to go back...NOW!!

• Liked — It wa convenient to downtown -- and it was beautiful.
  • Disliked — Nothng at all.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

I thought I had stayed at luxury hotels before but realised I hadn't quite hit the luxo-meter 'till my wife and I stayed the The Hermitage. This hotel is true luxury in the most traditional sense of the word.
The complete staff was very professional yet personable. From the valet who remembered our dog's name from day to day, to the courteous maid who completed the turn down service upon request. Everyone had great attitudes and never gave me the impression they were fishing for a tip.
Room appointments were top-notch. One of the most comfortable beds I've experienced in a hotel, the same can be said for the bathtub. Everything in the room seemed well thought-out and enhanced the appearance of the accomodation.
The Hermitage is very pet-friendly also. Our dog was welcomed into the room with a dog bed, bowls, treats and bottled water placed there just for her.
And location was pretty good too. The District was just a short walk away so it was easy to enjoy the live music that Nashville is famous for. Other interesting landmarks are even closer.
We spent our Christmas at The Hermitage and so took in their Christmas Day Brunch. The food was great but it wasn't really a "brunch" as there were no breakfast items available. However, the variety and quality of items was excellent.
Staying at The Hermitage added a very special element to our Holiday trip and we look forward to staying there again.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2008

We have stayed at the Hermitage hotel a couple of times and each time has been a wonderful experience.

The hotel's location is just a few blocks away from the Ryman, Country Music Hall of Fame, restaurants, etc (which is one of the things we love about the Hermitage).

Our rooms have always been plush and spacious and the bathrooms are out of this world! They have wonderful marble bathrooms with double vanities, soaking tub, a separate shower, and a flat screen tv. They also provide Molton Brown bath products for you!
They have thought of everything when it comes to making the room comfortable for you.

The Oak Bar is a great place to have a night cap, the waiters are extremely nice! Their Capital Grill restaurant is a wonderful place for a celebration dinner.

It has always been a memorable experience for us at the Hermitage!

• Liked — location, guest rooms
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

My girlfriend and I (Fiance now) took a trip for a long weekend in Nashville. It was her Christmas/Brithday present but also included a proposal. The stay was absolutely fantastic. Everything from our arrival to checkout was absolutely magnificent. The bellman and conceirge both did a wonderful job on recommendations and getting us everywhere we wanted to go. I cannot say enough about our experience at the Hermitage. I even made a special request for flowers in our room to celebrate our engagement and they were waiting in the room once we went upstairs. Fantastic and I thank the entire staff tremendously.

• Liked — The stunning Interior lobby and friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — I have no compaints. It was a great experience
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Franklin, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

We stayed at The Hermitage Hotel on Saturday, December 6th. The valets out front were very polite and helpful.When we checked in at the front desk, the personnel were very nice, cordial, polite and helpful. Our room was fabulous....worth every penny ! We had a drink in the Oak Bar. Our waitress was excellent , explaining wines, etc. We had dinner in The Capitol Grille. The Hostess was very polite and cordial. The waitstaff were excellent. They treated us as if we were the only customers in the resturant. The food was absolutely fabulous !! After dinner, we went to a show at TPAC just across the street. When we returned to our room we were treated to a fabulous turn-down service. Clean towels, robes, slippers, snack and soothing music...what a very pleasant surprise. On Sunday morning, we had breakfast in the Capitol Grill. Again, the waitstaff were great and the food was great. The entire hotel was decorated beautifully for Christmas.The valets had our car ready when we checked out. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. We had a wonderful time and will be returning soon. I highly recommend The Hermitage Hotel !!!

• Liked — Room & Food
  • Disliked — I had no complaints
  • Stayed December 2008
Boca Raton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

Our daughter recently relocated to Nashville Tennessee and while touring the City we came upon The Hermitage Hotel. We decided to have lunch and to our surprize the staff welcomed us and gave us information in reference to the history of The Hermitage, including the famous Men's Room!
We decided the next visit to our daughter we would stay at The Hermitage Hotel. The stay was unbelieveable, the staff was extremely attentive and the hotel itself was cozy, romantic and quite charming. This Landmark Hotel is well kept and holds much history. The bed is the most confortable bed I have ever slept in and to my surprize I was informed thecomplete bed and linen can be ordered and shipped to your home.
I found The Hermitage to be delightful and hope to return there when I vist Nashville. If you are planning a trip to Nashville treat yourself and stay at The Hermitage, if you are in the area and just want to visit the hotel make plans to have lunch there or Sunday Brunch. I booked my reservation through the hotel and found the price to be very reasonable if you watch for hotel specials.
Hope you enjoy!

• Liked — The hotel charm, upkeep and atentive staff
  • Disliked — I truly can not say one thing, I can't wait to go back
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

This is a wonderful hotel located in downtown Nashville. A 5 minute drive to Vanderbilt. What impressed me so much about this hotel is the staff. Everyone I encountered was extremely polite, outgoing, friendly and projected an attitude of 'I want to help you and make your stay in Nashville the best'. Great service is expected at a 5 diamond hotel, right? This staff exceeded my expectations of even a 5 diamond hotel. It wasn'
t just one or two employees...they all did. Whatever management is doing at the Hermitage Hotel they should bottle it and sell it! They are on the right track. Don't miss out on staying at the Hermitage Hotel.

Stayed October 2008

Been to Hermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!