“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hermitage Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Hermitage Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   231 Sixth Ave N, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Saginaw, Michigan
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Beautiful hotel lobby, rooms that will not disappoint, and perfect for the historian. Decor and style is one that reminds me of Rome. One cannot miss seeing the mens restroom and learning about the history of Hermitage. Lastly, I was here for a wedding!

Room Tip: I cannot imagine a bad room at this hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in early September. It is simply a beautiful and perfectly managed hotel. We are looking forward to staying here many more times. Everything is so perfectly run and maintained. The room was beautiful and the entire hotel is nicely decorated. The staff is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They do everything to make your stay memorable. It is an easy walk to anywhere in Nashville from the hotel. We stayed in Room 916 which had nice views and was extremely quiet.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Janet K, Public Relations Manager at Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you so much for your visit! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you chose to share your story. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Warm Regards,
Janet Kurtz
Director of Sales & Marketing
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I treated ourselves on our first trip to Nashville to staying at this historic hotel that provided luxury and a sense of rest amidst a fun and busy time getting to know the city and all the sights. Laura and Vickie assisted us from the concierge desk and both were extremely pleasant and helpful in their suggestions of tours and restaurants. The entire staff was exceptionally pleasant. The bedding is one of the most comfortable I've slept in. Simple duvet and linens with a wide choice of pillows. The bathroom with marble floors and double sinks, huge shower and a big clean tub that almost lured me in even though I am not a bath tub person. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Our only complaint was that we didn't spend enough time taking advantage of this fine hotel. We hope to return one day.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view of the Capitol facing North.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Hermitage for a couple nights while sightseeing on a trip through Asheville, Nashville, and Louisville. The lobby does not disappoint - it is beautiful! The rooms are very comfortable and tastefully decorated in a traditional style while not being dated or stodgy. The bathroom was fantastic and the toiletries were exceptional! I really enjoyed the face wash. We also enjoyed the turndown treats! The staff was friendly and accommodating.
We stayed at another historic hotel at our next stop on our trip in Louisville, and the room was a big disappointment after leaving the Hermitage. If ever back in Nashville, I will definitely stay at the Hermitage.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed in hotels right across the US and this may just be the best experience to date. The bell hops dealt efficiently with the not inconsiderable luggage carried by my partner. The hotel lobby is stunning and check in was efficient. We stayed in room 901 which is large and well appointed with a very comfortable bed and good bathroom. The two ladies on the concierge desk could not have been more helpful with the arrangements for our three day stay in Nashville. The staff were pleasant and efficient throughout and our 6.15 am checkout went without a hitch even though we had even more bags than those with which we arrived. A truly outstanding stay.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

this hotel was amazing,, its very traditional in the decor, but with a very modern fell ,, my room was amazing , i felt like a royality ,, the bathroom was classic with a marble shower where i could even lay down on the seating provided ,, the bath tub was like a swimming pool ,, where i could sink into whilst watching tv ,, i dont usually like to walk on cold flooring , but these mable floors felt like they had be heated ,, the bed was so comfortable an even the chair furniture in the room its was like a fancy penthouse suite , this hotel is very expensive ,but well worth a treat, the restaurant an bar downstairs is also fabulous ,, the staff are amazing

Room Tip: any room will do :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is exactly the kind of property we usually love. But, while the Hermitage has the physical attributes of a first rate luxury hotel, it frustrates with poor execution and sometime downright lousy service. First, the good stuff. Lovely, large rooms (don't let the internet pictures of a garish decor put you off - it isn't that way at all), very nice bathrooms with separate shower, excellent linens (although I prefer sheets to duvets, frankly) and towels. Turn down service and nice toiletries. Physically, a very good, traditionally styled luxury property.

Second, the not so good. The staff do not seem to be properly trained. I arrived wearing a suit and carrying nice luggage at just after midnight. There was no doorman, no bellman and no way to access parking. That is a problem in this part of Downtown Nashville. Eventually, a bellman walked out the front door of the hotel, apparently with the intent of shooing me away. I explained my situation, and he reluctantly agreed to deal with my car (which was then lost for part of our stay.) The front desk clerk was condescending, telling me he doubted I was a guest at the hotel because his records showed everyone had already arrived. With a bit of talk and a confirmation number, credit card and photo ID, I was able to overcome this issue, but it was touch and go. He got a little more polite after that, but not so much as to apologize or welcome me to the hotel. This is a training issue. The next day the wifi to our part of the hotel was not functional. A variety of folks said they worked on the issue, but no one seemed responsible and ultimately nothing was resolved. Again, no apologies and not even a report saying “I’m sorry, we can’t fix it”. My wife’s attempt at a nap proved difficult, since the hotel appears to be undergoing renovations that require drilling into the walls in the halls. To the same effect, the staff spent a lot of time shouting at one another in the halls as they went about their duties on a Saturday afternoon. We did not complain, but I have not experienced this level of noise in a luxury hotel before. Again, a training issue. I mentioned the nice toiletries, but you must use them sparingly, as they will not be replenished during your stay. Everyone in our family had the experience of running out of shampoo, leaving the empty bottle on the vanity as a signal, and having the maids simply place the empty bottles back in the shower. Same story. I don’t think they are training their staff well. Or, maybe there is a shampoo shortage in Nashville . . .?

I could go on about the lost car, the wifi adventures and the nonexistent concierge, but it would be piling on. Largely, we enjoyed our stay, and found much to like about the Hermitage. But, I think things are slipping there due to poor staff training and oversight, and a lack of follow through by management. I'm not sure we will return without research. And don't get me started on the Capitol Grill. What a disappointment. I've eaten there off and on for years and recommended it to many. While the food is still quite good, the service can be ludicrously bad. Guests were lined up at breakfast waiting to be seated in an empty restaurant, but no hostess was available to seat them. Those few that were seated were serving one another coffee because the staff were all in the back of the restaurant chatting and laughing. The Oak Bar is about the same. The staff there are nice, but seem wildly inept, getting about 50% of drink orders simply wrong, and taking a remarkable amount of time to do so.

Again, this is a lovely property with great potential. But, what sets luxury hotels apart is service, and service depends upon training. The failure of staff training is manifesting itself throughout the operation. Proceed with caution.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!