“My choice for all future Nashville trips!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hermitage Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Hermitage Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   231 Sixth Ave N, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
danville, ca
“My choice for all future Nashville trips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Loved everything about the Hermitage! It is a beautiful hotel full of history. Our rooms were spacious and comfortable and my daughter loved soaking in the tub after a night on the town each day. The room service food was oh so tasty. The location was perfect to the great live entertainment downtown. I was especially impressed with the level of service we received. I wish I had written down everyone's name as they all made our stay a great one but sadly, I only remember Evan who anticipated and took care of any need we might have and Noah who came in to help with a small TV problem and treated us to some wonderful stories about the history of this hotel! A small thing that was appreciated were the bedroom slippers that were much nicer than most high end hotels provide. Thank you Hermitage for making our three generation vacation a truly special one! Can't wait to visit again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here for an extended weekend while he was participating in a competition. The room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was well appointed. The door man and service staff were very nice, the only service area lacking was the Concierge . My husband had booked some appointments for me using the Concierge . The massage at the hotel was amazing and I thanked my husband by phone. He then asked me why I was not at my second appointment. I was unaware of another appointment 4 blocks away. When I contacted the Concierge again to question if anything else had been scheduled he told me I was late for the second appointment. I physically ran the four blocks only to find out I was an hour and a half early. The service experience and communication at the front desk and Concierge was 2 stars at best. The other amenities and personnel were excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had such a lovely stay at the Hermitage Hotel. The customer service is area of detail is noticed over a bigger property. I had a car filled to the max as I was about to move my daughter into college the next day. My friend who travels to Nashville frequently said there was no other place to stay that my things would be so safe. They knew my name quickly at valet. they were professional, helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely stay again at this hotel. The lobby is one of the prettiest I have ever seen in an American hotel. It felt very old world like a European hotel. Very classy and elegant. It you don't care about the newest and latest and like a hotel with service and charm this is where you want to stay.

Room Tip: I believe it did have wifi free if I am not mistaken. The toiletries were also really good. There...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was fortunate to stay here this week. Classically beautiful lobby, great staff, functional rooms. (yeah--real water pressure.) Good location. Definitely felt special staying here and would book again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Key West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Even though this is a Forbes 5 star hotel and the only 5 star hotel in Tennessee I really did not have any expectations when I checked into this hotel. The short and sweet........the hotel is located in great central location in downtown Nashville with some rooms overlooking the state capital. The staff were very polite and responsive. The physical condition of the hotel is excellent including the lobby, restaurant, bar and rooms. Room 312 was nicely configured with entrance foyer, large room and great bathroom with double vanity, soaking tub and separate shower. I will stay at this hotel on my next visit to Nashville without hesitation. No the knit picky items: 1. restaurant and bar are very good but located in the basement - no natural light. 2. beautiful lobby is under utilized - perfect gathering place for drinks and nice music...hint hint management. 3. some noise between room with connecting door. 4. room was not vacuumed daily and room carpet needed to be stretched as there were multiple sizable ripples............small things but it's a Forbes 5 Star.

Room Tip: High floor facing State Capital or 6th Avenue.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff was very friendly and efficient, the room was very nice with a view of the capitol. Location is good, with a short walk to Broadway and entertainment. I did not find anything about this hotel that awed me, and the price per room night is certainly in the area of extraordinary.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Big Canoe, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent the weekend at the Hermitage, a place we had long wanted to experience.
We love older historic places with lots of grandeur and charm. The Hermitage really fit the bill. Unlike many others in this category, the property is in great shape (no pealing paint or outdated fixtures) and feels like it is brand new.
The employees had a great service attitude and showed that they really cared.
We walked to several in-town attractions but also felt like we were removed from the hustle and bustle of the city when we got back "home".
We will be visiting Nashville a few times a year. We won't be staying anywhere but the Hermitage.

Room Tip: All rooms are large and suite-like.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!