“Hermitage Hotel - 12 on a 10 Scale” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hermitage Hotel

You added Hermitage Hotel to your Saves list
Hermitage Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   231 Sixth Ave N, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Durham, North Carolina
“Hermitage Hotel - 12 on a 10 Scale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

From the minute you pull up to the Hotel you are treated like someone special. No detail is too small for the staff to overlook. All were friendly and professional. They also treated our 2 Min Pins like rock stars! You are also within walking distance of awesome food and entertainment. We will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are A++.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Before we even arrived, Ms. Victoria, the concierge worked with me to arrange great tickets to the Opry and the Ryman. Somewhere along the line, I let her know it was my birthday and so on our first evening, a bottle of champagne was brought up to our room with the staff's compliments. From the ever-ready doorman to the palatial lobby, the large rooms complete with a nespresso machine and turn-down service, this was one of the finest hotels I have stayed at.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is hands down the most impressive hotel I have ever stayed at. The lobby was incredible and the staff went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. I used the fitness center while I was there and found it to be very up to date and clean. The rooms were large and of the highest quality. Valet parking was a breeze, and the hotel was located near everything I wanted to see while I was in town. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Nashville!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The hotel is listed as pet friendly. They did not disappoint. Our 110 lbs dog was warmly greeted along with my husband and myself. The staff was exceptional. They have a pride in being with such a beautiful property. The hotel was so beautiful, we did not want to leave it. In fact had one the best dinners in the Capitol Grill downstairs so we wouldn't have to go to far from our sumptuous room.

Room Tip: When naming your reservation be specific about the type of room you want, size of bed etc. they will...
Batesville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We spent two nights in a King Junior Suite, room 208. The room was large and very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and we loved the soaking tub. We had coffee in our room every morning and we loved the french press. The bed was very comfortable and there was a turn down service every night. We loved the time that we spent at the Hermitage. We had an issue or two and some mistakes on our bill, which they took care of immediately. Without those issues I would have happily graded the hotel excellent. To be honest, when I go to a five star hotel - I expect everything to be perfect. It was good - but not perfect.

Room Tip: We had a great room - 908 - corner room with a great view of the coapital.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The Hermitage Hotel was exactly what I hoped it would be for a special treat for myself, my daughter and grand daughter. We were greeted by solicitous staff; the lobby was gorgeous enhanced with lovely floral arrangements. The fragrance of the lobby set the tone for our stay. The room was large and beautifully furnished with plenty of comfortable seating . The beds were so comfortable we had a difficult time rousing ourselves. Every amenity was available and well thought out. Our meal was delicious and served by a delightful young woman. All of the staff were accommodating, friendly, and professional. The Hermitage most definitely deserves the five star rating.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with two queen beds which was very large and more than adequate for three guest...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Janet K, Public Relations Manager at Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your visit with us and taking the time to post. Your girls getaway sounds fabulous and we are thrilled to have been a part of it. Hopefully you will make it an annual tradition. So glad to hear you enjoyed the beds. Please let us know how we can help arrange that next visit.

Warm Regards,
Janet Kurtz
Director of Sales & Marketing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. We booked this hotel because of its location and availability not knowing how luxurious it was. When we arrived, we were caught off guard with its beauty and grandeur. The lobby is a must see and worth many photographs. The service was very helpful and nice. However, each time we would walk in to the hotel from shopping and/or dining, the doormen would ask us if we just wanted to take photos of the lobby or ask if we had been staying there. I felt uncomfortable each time because it seemed that we did not "look" like the typical hotel guest. We are a younger couple and we did not use their valet service. We parked at the lot next to the hotel (literally right across the street) saving ourselves $20 a night. Our room was very spacious and ornate. I loved everything about it. The soaps are one of the best yet with all the travels I've done. There is also a turn down service in the evening that was nice. We were given ice, water and small sweets. The fitness room is very nice as well. I definitely recommend a stay here. I would have given the hotel 5 stars if it wasn't for the profiling from the doormen.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking your time to post your review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you will be back. I can assure all of our current and future guests that the team would not profile anyone. That said, we do have many visitors to the city that are directed to the hotel for photography (as I am sure you can imagine). For that reason alone, our bellman and doormen do make a practice of asking everyone if they are here to take photos simply so they may direct them to some of the best places for photos, the famous men's room by the Oak Bar being one of them.

Again, thank you so much for taking your time to visit and post. The next you visit us, check out our Instagram and Pinterest pages for photographic pics of your stay.

Warm Regards,
Janet Kurtz
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Hermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!