“Excellent hotel, even though I wouldn't have picked it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hermitage Hotel

You added Hermitage Hotel to your Saves list
Hermitage Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   231 Sixth Ave N, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent hotel, even though I wouldn't have picked it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here from April 6th - April 9th. My wife had a 2 day work conference here so her company paid for the room and I was along for the ride.

First I will say this type of hotel we would like to stay in but would typically save money here in order to spend it in other areas. With that said this hotel is excellent.

Location - the location was good but if I were choosing a hotel I probably would have looked at something closer to Broadway since that is where I spent the majority of the time. However, that is not to say it was very far since the hotel was only a few blocks away but it was up some hills that got old quick. Once I was out I hoped to avoid to having to go back...and I am a fairly fit person

Room - Very large, bigger than an average hotel room. It was on the 8th floor and looked almost exactly like the pictures on the website. It had a king bed (very comfortable with high quatlity sheets), a desk, free wifi, chair/ottoman, 42-45 inch flatscreen TV, etc. It was also spotless

Bathroom - also very large, spotless, double sinks, separate area with toilet, large soaking tub with flat screen TV on the wall, large glass shower with nice water pressure.

Service - great, everything you would expect and much more. Doorman always greeted you, turn down service with treats left, choice of newpapers in the morning, choice of morning or afternoon room cleaning times, etc. They were always looking to do something for you but weren't overbearing

Rest of the hotel - very nice, spotless. Bar was nice but was down in the "basement" so it was not a good place in the afternoon to have a drink if it is nice out. I didn't eat in the restaurant but my wife and the clients she was with did. She thought it was very good but not mind blowing good

The hotel did make a mistake on my wife's bill by having a overnight parking charge when we didn't have a car. They corrected it when she pointed it out without a problem

So again, the hotel was great and very nice. It would be great to be able to stay in such quality hotels all the time but we usually look for a nice hotel, in the best location, at a lower price point and then spend the extra money doing/buying things while there. If money isn't an issue, want to stay at the best property, or you want to stay somewhere special than this would be your place

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Springboro, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Our family (me, spouse and two teenagers) had a wonderful time at the Hermitage. The lobby was gorgeous--large, but cozy. Our room was very spacious and had a wonderful view of the Statehouse. The bathroom was huge and had a soaking tub, separate shower stall and a flatscreen tv.
The staff was very accommodating and helpful. I had left my winter coat in the car and it got much colder than I anticipated; the valet was more than happy to retrieve it for me.
Lots of nice perks: coffee and muffins in the lobby in the morning, cookies in the evening, chocolates and water left on your bedside table when they turned down your bed, bottled water to grab and go when you went out to sightsee. We signed up through iprefer.com and got free breakfasts each morning. Not bad at all for under $200 a night!
We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the statehouse.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed for three nights last week. We were very impressed with the attention to detail such as the cookies and lemonade every afternoon and the turn down service with robes laid out on the bed. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bedding was fantastic in fact we would consider purchasing these sheets for home. The walk in shower was great and they even have a flatscreen tv in the bathroom. This is a five star propery and I would not hesitate to stay here again. The Oak Bar is very good for happy hour with five dollar martinis. The food in the Capitol Grille was outstanding - we did both breakfast and dinner. I recommend the pork for dinner and the Jack Daniels laced Tennessee egg sandwich for breakfast. This hotel and it's restaurant is worth the splurge.

• Stayed March 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

The hotel is is elegant, but approachable and comfortable. The rooms are large, luxurious and clean. The bed was so comfortable that I'm going to buy a mattress similar to the hotels. If you are traveling to Nashville and looking for a place to stay I recommend the Hermitage. It is worth the $$$$.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed this wonderful intimate hotel recently; while I was told the hotel was full, we had unheard of privacy, almost to the point of wondering where everyone was---that is until we visited the Oak Bar---best happy hour and bar food in town, beautiful surroundings. The breakfast, especially the grits (even if you don't like grits, you will like these), was great, we ate in the Capital Grill and in room service. There was not one thing wrong with our stay--turn down service with water and cookies, cleanliness, in room bar, umbrellas in room, magazines----all added up to a first class stay. I suggest you do not look elsewhere should you consider Nashville.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Good location near to Broadway, but quiet. Very comfortable and spacious room (we were two adults, two kids in a double-queen room). Arrived late so ate at hotel's Capitol Grille the first night. Good, but not outstanding. My guess is that they do not attract a lot of customers from outside the hotel unless Nashville is especially short of excellent restaurants. All the hotel staff were great - friendly and helpful.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

We had a weekend stay at the Hermitage Hotel in Nashville, where we had traveled to visit family. The hotel common areas were fabulous. The room was large, well appointed, clean and outfitted with the best quality linens, furnishings and amenities. The staff had the right balance of hospitality and helpfulness. Our stay could not have been nicer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!