“Don't Hesitate - Lovely Facility and Great Price” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #34 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Don't Hesitate - Lovely Facility and Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Airport hotels are usually nothing fun to look at it, and generally stay at, if you want it to be affordable. Sheraton Music City is in a class of it's own. Conveniently located just 5 minutes from BNA, it has beautiful grounds and a home-away-from-home resort like feel. The building is a throwback to old Southern mansions, complete with a courtyard area in the center of the hotel. We rented a car and drove to all of the different attractions in Nashville using the Sheraton Music City at home base. True, there's not much around in terms of attractions, but since all of the areas are spread out anyway you need a car either way. The facilities are spacious and stylish, with friendly service. The room was great - very comfortable and clean. We did not dine in, but would not have hesitated if the opportunity arose. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Free WI-FI in the lobby only, but if you are close enough you can connect in-room.

• Stayed September 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Mass.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I stayed at this hotel because uit was near airport. Very quiet location, a little hard to find. Got a great rate through priceline.com. Room was large, very clean. Big hotel with large lobby area

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Norton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

Was very nice and clean, but was a little disappointed after seeing the lobby and then subsequently the room. The room was a little outdated and the balcony's view was the roof and a heating unit...really no view at all. The location was nice - on a hill by itself.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed here 3 nights in August. We have been visiting Nashville twice a year for 5 years and have stayed here 3 or 4 times in the past. The hotel and the grounds are beautiful. The lobby is clean and very spacious. Since Tennessee has gone non-smoking it has been a huge improvement, as the open concept lounge is connected to the lobby and before all you could smell is smoke when you entered.

The rooms are clean and standard with a bathroom, bed, dresser, LCD TV etc. We have always requested the courtyard. The Sheraton needs to replace the beds. We both found them to be uncomfortable and nowhere close to the comfort of the Marriott. The courtyard is the best feature of the hotel IMO. It is a great place to sit and relax, watch the pool, or read. The hotel has an outdoor and indoor pool which are nice. The indoor pool is near the gym and usually has classes for elderly people. It was so nice to sleep with the window open and the sound of the water running in the fountain. The courtyard can be noisy if there are a lot of people in the pool, but not too bad. There is also a gym with various cardio equipment. The free weights and weight machines are in dire need of an upgrade.

The staff is friendly and courteous. We have eaten the breakfast buffet and it was satisfactory. I have yet to eat any other meals or have room service, so I can't comment. The location is close to the major highways, downtown, and Opry. Lots of free parking and a shuttle to the airport; which is very close. The lobby has 3 or 4 computers that are free when you log in with your hotel room number. I will stay here in the future, but please replace the beds.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

It was me & my husband's second wedding anniversary and we went up to Nashville for one night. The front desk service is the worst. They were not really that friendly when we checked in. On Sunday morning when we went to check out I wanted to use a different credit card from the one I had booked the room with, but the girl kept swiping the card saying it is declining. It was not declining. I ended up paying with my check card but I had overpaid by 80.00. I am having a very hard time getting my money back. The front desk girls had an "I don't care attitude" and was not friendly at all.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised at all of the nice people who worked at the local restaurants. Always ready to please and share a smile. I ate at a variety of restaurants in Nashville and never once was disappointed with my service. Being born and raised in Florida, it is sad that something as simple as a pleasant server could make such a difference in a visit. Floridians could pick up a few lessons from Nashville. I had the pleasure of dining at: Outback Restaurant on Old Hickory Blvd nice two story with plenty of parking and seating. Excellent food, you have to try the sweet potato fries! Macaroni Grill at Opry Mills, again excellent food. Jacks B-B-Q on downtown Broadway at 4th, packed every day, but not a long wait and so worth it! Demos' at the corner of 2nd and Commerce is also very popular and good southern food. Parking is free just off the bridge along the riverbank if you get there between 6-7 p.m. otherwise the spots go quickly. Paid parking was recommended at 2nd and Commerce by our conceirge, 2.00 per half hour, no more than 10.00 for the whole day, if you want to walk the shops along Broadway which is like a mini Vegas. Horse carriage rides available along the streets. Depending where you park and walk, you legs will get a serious workout walking up elevated streets. You will appreciate the walk back down. Traffic though was another subject as no one there drives the freeway under 80 mph. We stayed at the Sheraton Music City, nice well kept industrial area with a multitude of other hotels in the area. Jack in the Box was a short walk down the hill from the hotel and served good food at good fast food prices. Shoneys about 2 miles away has a great buffet for breakfast and lunch for 5.99. McDonalds across from Shoneys. Kmart nearby, along with Walgreens, all within a couple miles drive. I stayed on the 4th floor of the Sheraton which was very quiet during my week there, overlooked the pool, balcony with small table and chairs. Grounds well cared for. Nice lobby. room was clean, not as run down as some have stated on this site, I was pleased with the service, and the Sheraton attempts to be a green company by allowing you to chose if you want to reuse your linens for another day, of course you can opt to have the linens changed daily. They have free internet and computers iin the front lobby and not as hard to access as expected. Of course for ten dollars a day you can access from your room on your computer. Large screen tv in room. Overall I was pleased with my accommodations and service. Location was good for my purpose. Towels supplied at the pool. Pet friendly. We parked just outside the door entry/exit so not a long way to walk or haul luggage . I never ate at the restuarant at the hotel as it was a little much for my budget. Lunch plate was about 12.99 and up.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Cabot, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

This hotel promises and has alot of potential, but is overall just pretty blah. We got it for $50 per night on priceline, so I cant complain about the value of what we got it for. And really there was nothing WRONG it just wasnt that great.

On the first night the checkin guy was nice but after that everyone was just blah. They promised live music each night, and so we planned for us and our kids to enjoy the music. I ordered a 'skinny margarita' and my husband a beer. $18 with tip. WOW. The music was 'eh' blah. We made it an early night.

The room was ok. only enough for one cup of coffee in the room. Breakfast as $40 for us and 2 kids. plus tip. And that was their "special" rate. I can say that their business center ROCKS- it is just really great. But no wireless in the rooms. Plug in if you want though.

Overall if I would have paid full price for these rooms I would not have been happy. When you stay at a Sheraton you expect more than a Super 8. But in this case considering my priceline catch of $50 per night then HECK YEAH--this was fantastic. I checked normal rates at Sheraton.com for this and it is $137 per night. Choose wisely.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!