“Mixed Feelings” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Mixed Feelings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family recently drove from KC to SC, we stopped in Nashville on the way there and again on the way home 10 days later.
Our first stay was AMAZING!! Super sweet staff, great room, clean room, kid friendly (there was a nice size pool, and a kiddy pool, also an indoor pool that we never visited because it was sunny and hot both stays!) There were both kids and adults enjoying the pool area. Beds were comfy, bathroom was clean, and they were quick to deliver when we asked for more towels. Needless to say we knew we would stay here on our way back through.
SOOO I called and scheduled our second stay - I was told that we could check in early, no problem, because check in was at 3:00 but we would be hitting town no later than 12:00. I was also promised a bigger room, on the 2nd floor, pool side. Also, since we are "preferred guests" they would include breakfast! We were so excited!! We got there a little after noon (after being in the car for over 8 hours with 2 and 5 year olds) when I went to check in they looked at me like I had a third eye in my forehead and informed me that check in is not until 3. I explained our early check in request and guarantee - he said there were no notes and everything that I had been promised was not noted and they couldn't get us into a room at that time. He took my phone number and offered put me on the WAIT LIST and call when a room was ready. I took the kids into the bathroom and changed them into swimsuits and headed to the pool. It was PACKED! Crazy town packed. Bachelor/bachelorette parties, girls weekends, business pros, everyone was drinking and having a great time. I'm not complaining, it was fine with us BUT after 3 hours out there and no phone call I started to get a little ancy. My husband went in and asked about the room (mind you its AFTER 3 now) they gave him a key. Being the amazing hubs he is, he went to the car, got the bags and moved us into the room before coming out to get us. When he did get us, I found out we were on the 3rd floor, opposite side of pool with a view of a roof. AWESOME. I went down to talk to the manager (who wasn't available at noon when I first requested) and wasn't allowed to speak to them in person. The front desk staff "relayed" what I was saying to the manager....they did end up giving us 2 complementary breakfasts, which we were promised from the beginning, but I still never saw the managers face? When we got up to the room, it wasn't any bigger, wasn't clean, and wasn't stocked with basics (coffee, wet clothes bags, cups etc). We were tired and annoyed at this point so we just ordered some room service so we could let the girls nap. Food really wasn't good, and I'm not just saying that because we were annoyed, it wasn't warm but was overcooked? and the broccoli was yellow! Eeks Lastly, we hit breakfast at 6:30 before we got on the road. The waiter was rude, we ordered 2 apple juices and 2 coffees and he brought 2 orange juices and 1 coffee and that's how the entire experience was for breakfast. Never got our water, he didn't remove ONE plate, glass, napkin etc from the table they were piled up around us (I wish I would have snapped a picture) and when he never brought our condiments we requested I set out to find him...he was getting a shoulder massage on the other side of the dining area. Wow.
ANYWAYS ~ We had two very different experiences, the first one was so awesome, but the 2nd one was just so bad we probably will go elsewhere next trip.
Oh! And little side note, I like not reacting when people assume I don't speak spanish. It was fun to hear what the rude/inappropriate cleaning ladies were saying about me as they stared me down when I was walking down the hall.

Room Tip: Make sure you get names of everyone you speak to -
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The moment we stepped to the check in Brenna Sovine was super nice! She explained everything to us about the hotel and restaurant. She made us feel that the Sheraton was the right choice. We stayed on the club lounge floor and the lounge was a plus the continental breakfast was excellent. The staff that worked it did a superb job also.

Green Features: Offered room service denial and they donate money to a good cause if you choose it.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Glen Cove, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel has an outdoor pool, exercise room, hot tub, indoor pool and great convention facility. I recently attended a 1,300 people convention that was more than adequately accommodated for. Friendly staff and great amenities. Very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: free wifi with sherwood honor member.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed at this hotel during a convention. The hotel is very nice. Rooms were clean and adequate. Received great service. This hotel has a very nice courtyard with pool. It also has a good size workout room with great equipment and indoor pool and hot tub. Navigating through the hotel was a little challenging. It seemed like a big circle when you got off the elevator and felt like you walked for miles to find your room. Our room was 4019 so as soon as you got off the elevator, you turn left but then the rooms started in the 4100s and kept going up so we turned around and went back to the elevator to make sure we were going the right way. We were. It started in the 4100s and went up, but then at the end of the hallway, it went back down...I guess at that point we were where the circled started and ended. Other than that, very enjoyable stay -- nice location and only a couple miles from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Whitesville, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel advertises 3:00pm check in. We arrived at 4:15pm and was told there were no clean rooms available for us. The front desk clerk told me it would be a few minutes before my room would be ready. At 4:45 we were given the keys to our room. Once entering our room we was surprised to see another family occupying the room. This made for an awkward moment.... We returned to the front desk to the clerk who made the mistake and hardly received an apology. We finally got into our room about 5:15. This entire ordeal was pretty aggravating because we had a reception we were supposed to attend that we end up missing a good part of because of all of this.
We also ordered room service one night and there was $5 in delivery/service charges added to our bill. Wish I'd known this because I wouldn't have tipped the person who delivered as generously.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Although we cannot speak to the disconnects you experienced here with our staff at this time, rest assured that we will conduct due diligence in finding out the details so that we can use your experience during your recent stay to re-educate and re-train our team members. There is absolutely no excuse for us to give you a room already occupied. We are also sorry our room service team didn’t mention the delivery charge.
We genuinely thank you for taking the time to write. On behalf of the Sheraton Music City, we extend our sincerest apologies for your experience here.

Warm Regards,
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I'm a local, but I stayed there for a convention. The service staff of the property werew on the younger side, but efficient...when they were there. The restaurant food was nice (though for breakfast they REALLY push the buffet). Meeting spaces were good...except for when the power went out for 3 hours in the June heat. I never did learn what caused that. All in all a typical hotel stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the core of the hotel as this has sprawling outside parking.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Well of course we do not like to be described as “typical hotel stay” and strive more to the “exceptional” rating, but, your review and feedback were greatly appreciated and the issues you spoke about duly noted.
Our team really does strive to provide exceptional service and this is a daily and continual quest by all of us here at the Sheraton Music City. We seem to have fallen short during your stay and for that we apologize. We had a city wide power outage and we are really sorry nobody told you the cause of it.
Our business travelers are very important to us, your patronage and loyalty never taken for granted. We hope that you will return and allow us to have another opportunity to be of service.

Warm Regards,
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed for one night while traveling through. Hotel is near airport and a 15 minute car ride to city center. Was pleased that the hotel offered a round trip shuttle into Nashville for $10 per person. This was very convenient and allowed us to enjoy Nashville without the hassles of driving and parking our car. The room was clean and a good size, although the bathroom was very small. Bed was comfortable with good pillows and bedding. The balconies off each room were nice and the free parking was a bonus. There is a charge for Internet but SPG members receive complimentary Internet. Only one thing to change and that would be to ban smoking at front entrance so guests don't have to walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke to access hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on high floor facing front of hotel for best views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!