“Horrible food” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orinda, California, United States
“Horrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was surprised at how bad the food was at this hotel. I was here for a week and almost every dish was a disaster. The food and beverage manager basically told me that I was the only person that didnt like the food however I know that's not true. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HEIHotelsandResorts, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Music City. As tastes vary, we have try to accommodate different types of meal at any given times of the years. We received great feedback from our guest on the quality of our food. I am sorry we did not meet your expectation. On July 1st we will be changing our seasonal menu at the Old Hickory Grill and I hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Sheraton Music City. In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on a very busy weekend, but in my opinion this hotel handles big crowds well. Check-in was quick even though it was a busy time, and the front desk person was friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It was also very quiet given the level of activity at the hotel that weekend.

The hotel is close to the airport, but unlike the other airport hotels the Sheraton is situated on expansive grounds and is not near a busy street/interstate highway. Much nicer than staying in the middle of expansive concrete,

I would return there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review that you gave our hotel. Our staff is committed to ensuring that every guest is taken care of from the fabulous front desk to our diligent and hard working housekeeping staff. I will ensure that your review is shared with all our staff to show that we truly are making a lasting impression on our guests.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a nice hotel located near the airport and opryland in an office park. If you don't have to be downtown, its a nice option. And getting downtown from the hotel is quick and painless (about a 10 minute drive). The most pleasant part of my stay was the staff, who are very attentive to your needs and very pleasant. Those of us who travel a lot, know what a difference a pleasant staff makes.

After I arrived at the hotel I realized I had stayed here about 5 years earlier. I don't believe there have been any significant updates since then, but the hotel doesn't appear dated by any means. But what caused me to realize I had stayed here previously were the drapes. My only complaint about this hotel is the heavy, light blocking drapes do not close and aren't designed to close. Lighter drapes that allow light and more through do close all the way. I am a light sleeper and daylight wakes me up. So just like years ago, I spent way too long trying to figure out how to close the outer darker drapes, but to no avail. This isn't that big of a deal, but I was on the first floor, and it will make you want to put your pants on quickly when you get out of bed.

All in all, I would certainly stay here again. The beds are very comfortable, the location is convenient, and again, the staff is great.

Room Tip: Next time I come I will certainly ask for a room off of the bottom floor. All rooms have patios- an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Totowa, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to Nashville for the CMAFest 2013 festivities. Prior to our arrival, I made many calls to make sure my trip was perfect. First, I was miss informed about the shuttle service to downtown Nashville. They dont have a shuttle, only the Sheraton downtown does. The only shuttle they have is to and from the airport. The Shuttle service provided by Grayline cost me a total of $220.00 for 4 people ($55 ea). They stranded people at the hotel and at LP Field, but I did get my money back from this. Then they told me breakfast was included, NOT. After speaking with the reservation desk, they gave us complimentary access to the "CLUB". a dinky room on the 2nd floor that was once a room. They took out the beds and put a couple of tables in their and poof, you got a mini blah room that serves , wait for it....... mini croissants with ham and cheese, mini danishes and coffee with travel boxes of cereal. Considering that the Sheraton raised their prices to $229.00 per night because of the CMAFest (highway robbery), they would not even give you breakfast, thats just disgusting.

Because of a reservation screw up, I was supposed to have rooms for 6 days and 5 nights. Prior to me leaving I called to confirm my plans and noticed that they only had me for 5 days and 4 nights. In order to fix the problem, they wanted me to cancel my reservation and re-book it. I paid $179 per night and if I would have made the change, they would have charged me the $229.00 rate. So I called the Drury Inn & Suites in Nashville and they had a room for $179.00 per night and this was a 2 room suite and it included a FULL HOT BREAKFAST. If your gonna take advantage of people and raise your rates because of a festival, you should at least have the decency of giving something to justify the increase. I will never use the Sheraton Chain again. BTW, my room was on the 4th floor and my view was the top of the roof below. The entrance was appealing, but not in the back. Rent a car and stay at the Drury.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DANDRIDGE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've attended several conferences at this hotel. It's a well-maintained establishment. My last visit was August 2012. Check-in has always been smooth. The bar/lounge is nice. The conference facilities are good. Finding your suite/room can be a little confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it. The in-house restaurant is nice and fairly good value, especially since outside eating establishments are a pretty good drive. They have wi-fi in the lobby area for guest use, if you need it.

Room Tip: Rooms farther away from the elevator are less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Colonial Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Friendly staff, so clean, so comfortable, beautiful grounds, gorgeous pool area, the rooms are just immaculate! This was our first time staying in Nashville, and we will stay here again the next time we come back. The room rates are extremely reasonable, it's about a 10 minute drive to down town Nashville, but they have constant taxi services coming in, they have a shuttle to take you places with in 5 miles. The do NOT charge their guests for parking or little extras like a bottle of water or roll away beds. It really was a dream to stay here. Highly recommended, it's great for families or groups coming to have some fun. Just all the way around an awesome place!!!

Green Features: the cleaning staff is so polite and helpful, they keep everything very clean and organized for you. This is an environmentally friendly hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Nashville frequently looking at homes and decided to book the Sheraton for our 10th Anniversary trip. Last year we stayed at the Gaylord (check out my review) which is nice, but overpriced and lots of hidden fees. NO worries here! No extra "hidden" fees. FREE parking! They have beautiful pools and landscape. The location is quick to the freeway and other Nashville sites.

We also ordered the room service and was pleased with it. It was 10:30pm (they close at 11) and they were very nice and brought our food up within the 30 minutes promised and it was VERY good! I am also glad to say the prices for room service is very reasonable.

We had a gorgeous room overlooking the pool. It had a nice comfortable king size bed and the room was remarkably clean. I was worried about them allowing pets, but I saw no signs of that. I really love having the balcony to sit on in the morning and look out at the pool. Its a nice place to decompress.

We attempted to visit the indoor pool. It was a bit chilly for my liking for an indoor pool. I really wanted to try to hot tub, but a swarm of college kids took it over, so that was my luck. But, overall the pool was clean and plenty of towels were available. I would love to try the outdoor pool next time. It closes at 9pm which was a bummer for us when we wanted to try the outdoor hot tub when the college kids were out, but I understand they want to keep the noise down for people wanting to sleep. The best thing is that the indoor pool and fitness center are open 24 hours. That makes it nice to get a soak after walking up and down Broadway.

One more thing I need to say is that I booked through a discount website and I worried about getting a second rate room because of it, but I didn't! I had a beautiful room and was so happy about being treated well when I checked in. Overall, a great experience from beginning to end.

Room Tip: Facing the pool is my choice, however, if you like to sleep without being awakened by pool goers, fa...
Green Features: They offer a door tag to hang if you will not need service and you can get a $5 off cpn!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!