“Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Friendship, TN
“Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My fiancé and I took his daughter to Nashville for a weekend getaway after she graduated high school. We really enjoyed the Sheraton Music City. We had a great room with a nice view of the courtyard. When we got back home we realized that he forgot a pair of shoes in the room, so we called the hotel and they found them for us! Everyone was very nice and accommodating. The only negative I have is that housekeeping started knocking on the door at 8:30am.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your expereince at the hotel.

My apologies for the early morning interruption from housekeeping. No excuses, it should not have occurred.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Nashville!

Jim Morrissey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Midway, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for one night during a soccer competition. We checked in late on Friday night and were greeted with very friendly staff. The incredible woman that checked us in was very helpful and accommodating. She made us feel very welcome and also gave us information on Sheraton's rewards program, which we signed up for. The room was awesome. My family loved the private balconies and the beds were amazing. There is only one thing that would have made the room absolutely perfect...a mini fridge. We had stopped to eat supper and my son had leftovers. Since there was no fridge, the food had to be thrown out. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel service and accomodations.

I wish we had refrigerators in every room also! We are due for a renovation so hopefully this will figure into the new scope.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Music City!

Chetek, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable hotel. Very friendly staff at front desk. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We did not use the pool/courtyard area, but it was lovely and looked very nice. Great value. The drive up to the hotel and hotel grounds are very well kept and beautiful. Proximity to airport does make it a little noisy at times, but nothing too bad.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your comments/review of the hotel.

We are a clean, convenient and guest centric hotel very much focused on the fundamentals.

Thank you, again, for your feedback. See you the next time you are in Nashville!

South Fulton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We needed to be in Nashville for my grand daughters dance competition. We checked into the hotel on Friday and Sara Beth checked us in very promptly and we were able to get into our room. It was very large and furnished beautifully. The carpet was plush and looked new. We are Starwood members and truly treated like royalty. The lounge was very convenient to our 2nd floor room. It was clean and well stocked with many items to make our stay better. We enjoyed breakfast Sunday morning in their restaurant. We all had the buffet and it was full of wonderful selections. The freshest of fruits and hot entrees that were done exactly to my liking. The service at this hotel was without question among the best we have ever had.

Green Features: We opted to use our towels over and slept both nights on the same sheets. Their was a container in our room for recyclables. We used it for our soda cans.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the hotel services and facility.

it doesn't get much better than, "royal treatment", so I will leave it at that!

Thank you, again, for your comments regarding your experience at the hotel.

Florianopolis, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed there because it is quite close to the airport and there is free shuttle. It is an old renovated hotel. The room is not big but ok. The staff was very kind and helpful. Our flight was very early and the wakeup call worked well. We appreciated it very much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I would like to say we are a great surprise, but good is good!

The hotel has the largest guestrooms in all of Nashville-Davidson County. We are teh only hotel where each guestroom has either a baclony or patio. No other hotel in Nashville has this advantage.

Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a top notch hotel. One of my favorites. I stay in hotels 200 nights a year.
I have had an occasional snafu, but nothing big. They have always worked to try resolve any issue. The front desk staff generally are a weak link here, however I attribute it to poor training or lack of a quality policy and guidelines or poor customer service training. Rather than listening and trying to understand the needs of customers, they offer excuses. But I have not met a blatant rude CSR.
Other than that...

This hotel has a nice lobby area and restaurant & bar and the food is very good. The rooms are roomy, nice furniture, TVs, comfy beds complete from mattresses to linens.
This hotel is pet friendly which I find nice though I have never brought my pets. I have never had a bad pet odor in a room here. I have had a bad smoking room which the hotel remedied. The bathrooms are very nice, showers, towels, stone countertops, ect.
This hotel is refurbished regularly and is clean. I have never found the pet friendly thing to be an issue here and I see lots of pets coming in and out often.
This hotels is in a good and safe location!
It is a short 10 min drive to Opry Mills mall and 5 mins from the airport and about 20 mins from downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are a top notch hotel, thank you!

Your response was very flattering and I shared it with the management team responsible for executing the service culture.

Thank you, again, for your comments regarding your experience!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

3 night stay. First day we were given a room that did not smell right... Musty, pet odors not sure. They moved us. Next room was decent and they brought keys to us. Next morning we asked for a wakeup call as we were attending a graduation. Call never came but we woke up on time. We arrived at 3 pm and 2 of 3 rooms were not clean. They say that rooms are cleaned until 6 pm. Needed towels and asked for delivery, did not arrive timely . I was able to get dressed take and go to the lobby and finish showering before it arrived. We did hotwire as i was traveling with someone who booked a couple of rooms and we wanted to book together. Im a spg member but this was one of the worst for a Starwood. Locatiobn is not great. Tricky to get to the hotel and airport traffic (?) makes 5 mile trips 30 plus min. Adding all together stay somewhere else

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I thank the guest for their feedback regarding their experience at the hotel.

While it appears the hotel did attempt to recover from some service issues, we failed on several others. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of execution and attention to detail. This is certainly the exception, and not the rule.

Please contact me at your convenience. I would like to review the issues a little more in detail as the review was somewhat choppy, touch to follow. I would also like to take this opportunity to, "Right the wrongs" committed.

Jim Morrissey

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!