“good surprise” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Florianopolis, SC
“good surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed there because it is quite close to the airport and there is free shuttle. It is an old renovated hotel. The room is not big but ok. The staff was very kind and helpful. Our flight was very early and the wakeup call worked well. We appreciated it very much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I would like to say we are a great surprise, but good is good!

The hotel has the largest guestrooms in all of Nashville-Davidson County. We are teh only hotel where each guestroom has either a baclony or patio. No other hotel in Nashville has this advantage.

764 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a top notch hotel. One of my favorites. I stay in hotels 200 nights a year.
I have had an occasional snafu, but nothing big. They have always worked to try resolve any issue. The front desk staff generally are a weak link here, however I attribute it to poor training or lack of a quality policy and guidelines or poor customer service training. Rather than listening and trying to understand the needs of customers, they offer excuses. But I have not met a blatant rude CSR.
Other than that...

This hotel has a nice lobby area and restaurant & bar and the food is very good. The rooms are roomy, nice furniture, TVs, comfy beds complete from mattresses to linens.
This hotel is pet friendly which I find nice though I have never brought my pets. I have never had a bad pet odor in a room here. I have had a bad smoking room which the hotel remedied. The bathrooms are very nice, showers, towels, stone countertops, ect.
This hotel is refurbished regularly and is clean. I have never found the pet friendly thing to be an issue here and I see lots of pets coming in and out often.
This hotels is in a good and safe location!
It is a short 10 min drive to Opry Mills mall and 5 mins from the airport and about 20 mins from downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are a top notch hotel, thank you!

Your response was very flattering and I shared it with the management team responsible for executing the service culture.

Thank you, again, for your comments regarding your experience!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

3 night stay. First day we were given a room that did not smell right... Musty, pet odors not sure. They moved us. Next room was decent and they brought keys to us. Next morning we asked for a wakeup call as we were attending a graduation. Call never came but we woke up on time. We arrived at 3 pm and 2 of 3 rooms were not clean. They say that rooms are cleaned until 6 pm. Needed towels and asked for delivery, did not arrive timely . I was able to get dressed take and go to the lobby and finish showering before it arrived. We did hotwire as i was traveling with someone who booked a couple of rooms and we wanted to book together. Im a spg member but this was one of the worst for a Starwood. Locatiobn is not great. Tricky to get to the hotel and airport traffic (?) makes 5 mile trips 30 plus min. Adding all together stay somewhere else

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I thank the guest for their feedback regarding their experience at the hotel.

While it appears the hotel did attempt to recover from some service issues, we failed on several others. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of execution and attention to detail. This is certainly the exception, and not the rule.

Please contact me at your convenience. I would like to review the issues a little more in detail as the review was somewhat choppy, touch to follow. I would also like to take this opportunity to, "Right the wrongs" committed.

Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We chose Sheraton Music City because it was the only featured hotel through our points we were hoping to use that had a pool and was approximately half way from point A to point B. Boy, we were thrilled! The lobby is grand and beautiful! You almost feel as though you are driving up to an estate when you arrive, not a hotel. Check in was a little difficult and not as pleasant as it often is at a hotel lobby desk but we did get settled and were able to get the adjoining rooms we had requested. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable and the bedding was divine. I was able to make a wonderful little "nest" amongst the pillows and blankets and slept better that night than I had on our entire vacation. We were not one of the lucky ones with a beautiful view. We had a balcony (it was raining so it went unused) but it was more a cement box you could sit out on. I suppose it would offer supreme privacy! A nice addition would have been a little bar fridge which is nice when you're traveling and have things to keep cold. We did not eat at the hotel but we did use the indoor pool and jacuzzi. I wish I had my gym clothing handy though. The fitness facilities were the best I'd ever seen. My husband agreed and he travels a lot for work and sees a lot of hotel fitness centres. We will definitely stay at the Sheraton Music City again and will most definitely pack our gym clothes when we stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side with the outdoor pool.
Green Features: There was a door hanger to request more environmentally friendly practice but only staying one night didn't apply to us so much.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are very happy you were able to find your thrill, up on the hill at SMC!

Thank you for your kind words and detail of your experience at the hotel. It is greatly appreciated.

Burnaby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

When I checked in, I was given room 2093 and when I went to bed, I found it was very noisy. There was a large air conditioning device a few metres outside my window. The next morning, I went to Reception and they were able to move me across the hall to a spacious suite that was very nice and overlooked the pool and patio.

Our meats were provided with the conference. We had some meals on the 'Veranda'. All the food was very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedbacj regarding your experience at the hotel.

It is great to see we were able to upgrade your room after your first room was not to expectation. And there was really no travel involved to the new room!

We are a group/convention hotel and Revelation Software was a successful event! For both Revelation and the hotel! Our banquet food and beverage product is the best in Nashville. This is more than confidence speaking, it is fact. Our competitors do not have the F&B product and service attention to detail SMC does!

Ruston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had to make a last-minute, quick trip to Nashville, and booked this hotel late in the evening. What a good decision--the Sheraton Music City was everything you want in a hotel stay--convenient, clean, and comfy. All that, and we got a really good rate! Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are a great last minute, first minute and anywhere in between hotel!

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to being of service in the future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very good room room with view of well landscaped courtyard. Excellent indoor pool/spa/gym. Lovely lobby and dining room where we had dinner. Normally we would have found a nearby restaurant with good reviews but we were tired and the hotel was too comfy to leave. What a surprise! The food and service were much better than we have come to expect from chain hotel dining rooms and just a touch more expensive than reasonably priced. We will likely stop at this hotel on our next stay in Nashville. There was only one negative: a tall, bald desk clerk who was cold, unfriendly and less than helpful to members of our family who were checking in beside us. He seemed to be very unhappy. By contrast, the woman who checked us in projected all the warmth and helpful hospitality you could ask for. Perhaps the unhappy fellow was just having a bad day. Or maybe he should consider a career in a less people-sensitive industry like, say, lawn care.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I thank the guest for their feedback regarding their experience at the hotel.

We are very happy to see we exceeded the expectation. Our apologies regarding the desk agent referenced. This has been addressed and I want to personally thank you for your candid comments. It does make a difference to us and our ability to rectify issues immediately.

Jim Morrissey

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!